The Shiralee Reviews

• Apr 29, 2016

another look at life 'down under'

another look at life 'down under'

• Jan 07, 2015

Saw the 1957 version with Peter Finch and Sid James.... Finch comes home to find his wife having fun and games with another man so takes his daughter on a road trip and he ducks and dives but finds his relationship with daughter blossom.

• Jul 24, 2010

The Shiralee is a wonderful movie. I love it.

The Shiralee is a wonderful movie. I love it.

• Feb 18, 2008

Great Ozzie movie. It would have been better with Chips Raftery as Jim Macauley instead of Peter Finch.

• Dec 10, 2007

Australian/british classic story about a man who cant stand living the grind of big city Sydney He goes on the road with his Shiralee (burden). The child is a great actor, the support cast are mostly experienced British actors yet do justice to the portrayal of our culture in the fifties and early sixties. Peter Finch is a hundred times the actor that Bryan Brown ever was. A genuine Classic. Good for kids as well.