Shoot 'Em Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shoot 'Em Up Reviews

February 26, 2017
2/25/2017: Title is very appropriate. It is a pretty ridiculous film, but entertaining. A bunch of dumb/funny quips throughout.
January 29, 2017
Clive Owen is schweet
its not a critics movie in my opinion

if you saw grindhouse, and liked it
then you'll probably like this
January 24, 2017
Pretty stupid but had some appeal.
January 6, 2017
Fast-paced and action-packed, Shoot 'Em Up's humor, plausible narrative and terrific performances from Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti make for an entertaining and enjoyable action thriller.
January 6, 2017
Music flows with bullets
½ January 2, 2017
Bad. Just not worth it. I had high hopes because of the cast.
½ December 23, 2016
Worth the rewatch, still faults for being TOO cheesy throughout, but the overall cinematography/action/concept is legit practical wonderland shit.
December 2, 2016
Paranoid pop junk pseudo-culture cult film. Brilliant bullshit. Deliriously entertaining. The symbollical and subtextual aspects are forged and smart at a time arriving to a funny pulp result. To get out of your mind never felt better. Nice slasher piece of art (I mean, CRAP, lol).
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Shoot 'Em Up is the kind of film that's perfect to watch with your mates and just enjoy its nonsense and that's all it's good for, The story is simple and nothing new but the action is so OTT that we can't help but love it and when Clive Owen kills two people with a raw carrot we all know what kind of film it is, It's bloody and silly but it works well, Clive Owens dry humour works perfect as the film never takes itself seriously, It has everything a growing boy needs.
July 17, 2016
Great movie, deserves all the praise it gets!! One of my all time favourite action movies!!
½ June 27, 2016
I like Clive Owen.  I like Paul Giamatti.  I like the idea of Giamatti playing one nasty bad guy.  I did not like this movie.  Owen plays Smith but why should we care?  Why should we care about the pregnant woman or the baby he saves?  Why should we care about poor hooker Donna Quintano, Monica Bellucci, who traded her normal life for her current one after giving birth to a stillborn baby.  And Smith, why should we care his wife and child died from guns he sold?  These are all terrible things which would lead a moviegoer to develop some feeling for the characters on screen.  However, the order in which these facts are presented are not conducive to said feeling.  By the time you find out all this information it's too late.  As I said, why care?  And there are a lot of silly stunts by Smith.  No big deal right?  Add a baby to the silly stunts and please.  Really?  So you're telling me flopping all around with a newborn is not going to hurt his development?  And this baby isn't going to have hearing problems from the excessive gun shots he's heard?  Please. Alternate title for this flick: How Many Ways Can Smith Use a Carrot as a Weapon?.  No joke.  This ridiculousness happens way too frequently for my tastes.  Bottom line: avoid.
½ June 3, 2016
Balls to the wall frenetic action and carrot-laced black comedy mix in this silly, cathartic and entertaining ride. I haven't seen anything quite like it since the Jason Statham vehicle, Crank.
May 4, 2016
This movie does what it does best - non stop over the top action entertainment.
April 29, 2016
the greatest Bugs Bunny action movie EVER. I love Clive Owen and Bugs Bunny
April 28, 2016
Really stupid, in a good way. Over the top action. Everyone in the movie takes everything so seriously, which only adds to the effect.
February 7, 2016
Fun and funny. Good action and humor, A good illustration of the consummate reluctant hero and a fallen woman doing the right thing.
½ February 1, 2016
commercials make it look good, so i'll be seeing this one soon.
December 8, 2015
Very entertaining and different movie with a fun tone. Really cool creative unrealistic action. But it also had a good story and acting. Lots of funny moments as well. "You know what I hate..." (about 4 viewings)
½ November 30, 2015
131022: The day I purchased this movie, the release day, I also posted on Facebook "Now in my hands". Well, from my hands to the garage sale pile. Few redeeming features in this western fan's opinion. All that waiting. Save your money.