Shrek Reviews

• 2d ago

It's Shrek! Come on!

It's Shrek! Come on!

• 4d ago

Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

• 4d ago

This movie completely blew my mind. The intricate plot, the extremely well developed complex characters, and the conscience and existential themes it explored had me thinking for several weeks after. Vicky Jenson (directer of such cinematic feats as Shark Tale) and Andrew Adamson (Distinguished director of Shrek The Third) teamed up to make the ultimate satire of the classic Fairy Tales we all know and loved growing up. Along with its wacky, extremely intelligent, and thought provoking humor Shrek was immediately made a cult classic. The fantastic performances were provided by Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, and Cameron Diaz topped this magical experience off. Shrek may seem like the ordinary animated movie to most, but it is so much more. Over the course of the events shown in this movie, we see a distinct character change (Shrek's). In the beginning of the movie Shrek wishes to be alone, and likes it. All of his life he has been out casted from society, even his parents left him when he was 12. This had left such an impact on him that he felt as if things were meant to be this way. He pushed everyone away, not giving them a chance to show that they are different from the message society has unconsciously put out. This led most people to believe that he really was a monster. That was until he met Donkey. Donkey wasn't the smartest of all characters, but he was pure of heart. Donkey saw past Shrek's appearance, and what Shrek wanted his public image to be like (distant, lone wolf like). As Shrek, Donkey, and eventually Fiona bond, Shrek grows to learn that sometimes you shouldn't always be so distant. At the end of the story Shrek learns to love, and grow relationships. This is a message we could all learn from. I recommend this movie for anyone, and everyone!

One of my favorite movie of all time

One of my favorite movie of all time

• 5d ago

you already know whu this is a great movie, just leaving the rating because it is well deserved

• 5d ago

This is the most pure and beautiful expression of art I probably will ever get to see in my whole life

Easily the greatest movie of all time

Easily the greatest movie of all time

• 5d ago

Shrek is the most spectacular movie of the 21st century. I highly recommend it. Great storyline and fantastic characters. If i could choose one film to watch for the rest of my life, it would be this film.

Low brow humor at best.