Sicario Reviews

• Oct 15, 2020

Very good film twisting and turning...Benicio del Toro is brilliant and blunt backs him with some great support work...very good story and thoroughly enjoyed it

• Oct 14, 2020

A stylish dark movie. That will keep you hooked all of the way.

A stylish dark movie. That will keep you hooked all of the way.

• Oct 06, 2020

The world is not as simple as you think.

The world is not as simple as you think.

• Sep 29, 2020

Possui ótimas cenas de ação, e a trilha sonora é maravilhosa e com certeza contribui para o clima tenso do filme.

• Sep 29, 2020

‘Sicario' is a movie that provides a gritty, grimy, and realistic story of Mexico's drug cartels that is shown from the eyes of a new coming FBI agent, Kate Macer (Emily Blunt). The story is one of tracking down a cartel leader by any means necessary, as proved later when Kate is led by a mysterious assassin who goes by Alejendro (Benicio Del Toro). Everything from the color of the setting, to the few number of cuts shows how the movie was precisely made for the viewer to be immersed in the unpleasant habitat of cartel riddled territory. The film constantly applies suspense to the viewer, the dark lighting and ominous music makes the viewer clutch their seat even in the least eventful scenes. Blunt provides a great performance, as she sells the idea that the severity of the situations she is put through throughout the movie slowly chisel at her mental health and ideals. Denis Villeneuve's directing gave the viewer a chance to see beyond a screen, and to understand the harshness of current events that are not often talked about in American news. This is a movie which was not created to be idealistic or for the feint of heart, it shows real issues delivered in an authentic manner that creates an unforgettable experience.

• Sep 24, 2020

Great sound and visual style. Incredible tension. Sometimes the fast-paced off-hand references to shady government or government-adjacent projects that we don’t understand can get annoying (a popular style these days, like Syriana) but it is appropriate here - we’re supposed to be as in-the-dark, confused, skeptical and somewhat horrified as Emily Blunt’s character.

• Sep 23, 2020

Tense, exciting, and rather poignant.

Tense, exciting, and rather poignant.

• Sep 13, 2020

boring all the way long

boring all the way long

• Sep 12, 2020

Brutal but very well directed and acted. A Must view.

Brutal but very well directed and acted. A Must view.

• Sep 08, 2020

Denis Villeneuve is one of the best directors of this generation and this film is spectacular. Firstly the writing, this has to be Villeneuve's best written film. I will admit it has it's problems like some of the dialogue, but the characters are some of the best ever written. When I saw the film I thought it was that Emily Blunt (Looper, A Quiet Place) was going to be some kind of bada** FBI agent, but it was just the opposite she is terrified and confused and that is what made her so good. Benicio Del Toro (traffic) character was very dark and disturbing. The score I think will become a classic score. And the cinematography from Roger Deakins is not his finest but it was still very good. I think in a few years this film will become a modern classic, but we'll see how it ages. over all I think this film is great and I would recommend it. I give this film a 9.4/10.