Sicario: Day of the Soldado Reviews

• 6d ago

Benicio Del Toro's Alejandro is the new Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible) that we didn't know we needed in crime dramas. Like MI franchise, Sicario has all the bells and whistles of seeing what technology can do now to battle crime around the world but the best thing that sets this series apart is that charterers and scenarios feel rooted in real world scenarios. A big stand out characteristic of these films so far is that they leave you talking about more than just action scenes and funny one liners, they leave you questioning the world around us, as all great stories do. Kudos on the casting for every actor, especially Isabela Moner who really held her own alongside Del Toro all the way through. Kudus on keeping solid Spanish speaking actors on camera and really letting them dig deep into their supporting characters.

• Aug 01, 2020

Even duller and grimer than the first one, a good idea executed poorly.

Even duller and grimer than the first one, a good idea executed poorly.

• Jul 16, 2020

WHAT A MOVIE. absolutely met expectations, keeping the same vibe of its predecessor without never repeating itself. Amazing writing, and great suspense, there were moments I was almost jumping from my couch for its intensity. Brolin and Benicio are great! I read some other poor reviews and I can say with confidence that some people are just punks, complaining that the movie is not like its predecessor, than if it was, they would complain that wasn't original. Don't listen, they don't know anything about movies. Watch it!

• Jul 13, 2020

Sequel di Sicario diretto da Sollima; Soldado è un film ambizioso, che lascia in parte la guerriglia da strada per spostarsi ai piani alti tra complotti governativi e dinamiche mondiali. Nel complesso lascia meno il segno, si perde dell'intreccio della trama, tra terrorismo, narcotraffico e corruzione; per poi riprendere potenza nell'immediato istante in cui torna sulla strada, con la sua crudezza e il suo duro realismo.

• Jul 10, 2020

Well acted and well filmed, this is a movie that promises more than it delivers. Another excellent portrayal of "the Lawyer" by del Toro is the centerpiece, putting a slightly softer edge on the amoral brutality. His affection for the daughter of the man you slaughtered his family is in contradiction to the child-killer he establishes in the original film, but also is understandable. The main problem is that as much as happens in the film, it goes nowhere. This is middle slice of a larger narrative, and there is no forward development of characters, simply situational elements that put our unlikeable protagonists at odds with one another. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy any movie that takes its violence as seriously as this one does. I've watched it three times at least, but it lacks the calculated nihilism of the first movie and seems only to be the bridge to a third act. Hopefully it will be a movie we get to see.

• Jul 09, 2020

Slow-paced, absorbing and thrilling nonetheless, it's an almost perfect follow-up to the fantastic Sicario as it delves deep into the gray world of politics and cartels. Can't wait for the last of the trilogy!

• Jul 08, 2020

I didn't think Sicario was good enough to warrant a sequel but it got one. Not interested in this at all. Don't care about any of these characters, good or bad. Too many Mexicans with too many subtitles. 2 of 5

• Jul 01, 2020

Having a tough time finding a review on the actual movie. Most simply say it's too grim... Google Sicario, make your decision and review it based on the film... The film was awesome!

• Jun 21, 2020

Not so good. Too much illogical.

Not so good. Too much illogical.

• Jun 13, 2020

A good follow up to the first.

A good follow up to the first.