Side Effects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Side Effects Reviews

June 18, 2017
Side Effects presume ser um filme sobre o campo minado ético que é a indústria farmacêutica, e expõe o grau de adivinhação inerente no diagnósticos de saúde mental e os riscos que isso representa para o paciente. A direção é fantástica mas o roteiro perde a linha e não sabe mais explorar o tema imposto, fazendo com que o final seja um pouco turbulento e confuso.
June 17, 2017
A provocative thriller that offers intelligence and solid surprises. A very good performance by Rooney Mara !
June 17, 2017
8/10 A great suspense thriller, constantly questioning your sympathy for the main hero. A little gem.
June 11, 2017
This should look interesting, Is this another film about drugs... or something else?
½ June 2, 2017
Worst thriller ever with drugs
May 5, 2017
Great classic thriller!
April 13, 2017
Pulled me in with the Twists. Check it off the List
½ April 4, 2017
Beware of the bitches. Psychopaths are a dime a dozen in anglala of the south aka the USA. The film started as a sleeper about a sleepwalker case of killing. Rooney being not that well known helped fool us into it. Then clues do not escape the psychiatrist but is he losing his mind as well? Only an experiment can clear this puzzle. Very well done, very well thought. We are kept in the dark just enough to be able to guess what comes next. Good plot twists and an ending that gives more chills. Beware of the pychopathic bitches people, beware! Especially the lesbians...
½ March 23, 2017
There were some unexpected twists, but that couldn't save what was mostly a boring and uninvolving movie. I certainly would not refer to this as a thriller. (First and only viewing - 2/28/2017)
March 4, 2017
Women are liars and whores. This movie is an omen of what is to come.
½ February 16, 2017
Seems smart but its twist are quite insulting for your intellect, when you think about it ;-)
February 9, 2017
Started strong, but undone by a lame ending.
February 9, 2017
Side Effects is a dark but immensely satisfying psychology caper.
½ February 6, 2017
So much situational irony, I loved it.
January 26, 2017
Jude Law protagonista al Dr. Banks, un psiquiatra que deberá lidiar con un complicado caso en el que una paciente depresiva, Emily, (Rooney Mara), le es administrada una nueva droga experimental cuyos efectos secundarios podrían quitarle estado de conciencia. En ese ambiente, el marido de Emily (Channing Tatum) comprobará que los efectos laterales de esta droga afectan el normal comportamiento de su esposa, trayendo consecuencias totalmente inesperadas
January 6, 2017
Yllätyksellisiä juonenkäänteitä sisältävä jännäri liittyen mielenterveysongelmiin ja medikalisaatioon... tykkäsin. (y)
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 27, 2016
The movie is bit convoluted but interesting. Though Rooney Mara has been recognized more for other works, I thin this was one of her best.
December 23, 2016
If this is really Soderbergh's last film, at least he departs on a good note with this smart movie that moves so expertly from one genre to another - switching protagonists and growing from an intimate drama about depression to a pharmaco-thriller with clever twists.
December 15, 2016
Reminiscent of an older favourite dealing with a similar premise (I won't name to keep this potentially spoiler-free), this movie both gripped my attention and let me down at the same time. Good, solid performances, dependable cinematography, clever writing, interesting twists and turns and then, right there, in the middle of what could potentially make for a well-polished, wondrous outcome... the serum scene. I won't go into details but that plot hole was so humongous it almost caused me actual, physical pain.

Still, have my three stars, Mr Sodebergh. Just for making a movie that made me tolerate Channing Tatum, you've earned that much.