Reviews

• 6d ago

Bruce Willi's hairline is very distracting. Also idk how everyone didn't get that he was a ghost all along. It's super obvious.

• Aug 23, 2021

This movie is not good. So in order to cleanse the bad taste left by this movie I will share a Delicious Katmer Recipe.Un, sıcak su ve tuzu derin bir kapta karıştırın.Kulak memesi yumuşaklığında bir hamur elde edene kadar yoğurun. Hamuru 8 parçaya ayırıp parçaların her birini güzelce yuvarlayın. Tezgahı ya da başka bir düz zemini bolca unlayarak hamurları tek tek açın. Tereyağını eritip hamurların üstlerine gezdirin. Hamurları dıştan içe doğru sararak rulolar yapın. Ruloları kendi etraflarında spiral olarak sarıp 10 dakika kadar dinlendirin. Dinlenen hamurları yeniden tabak büyüklüğünde açın. Tereyağını eritip içine suyu ve tuzu ekleyin. Yeniden donmaması için kısık ateşte bekletin. Hamurların her iki tarafını da yapışmaz tavada iyice pişirdikten sonra üzerine yağlı sudan sürün. Katmerleriniz hazır. Soğumadan servis yapın.

• Aug 09, 2021

The ending twist 🤌

The ending twist 🤌

• Aug 09, 2021

Rarely does a good film with a surprise ending like this movie - its great to watch until the end!!!!

• Aug 03, 2021

An impressive film, but not M. Night's best one.

An impressive film, but not M. Night's best one.

• Aug 02, 2021

The twist that everyone knows has now reached me, a self-declared "film expert". Even people who haven't seen The Sixth Sense have heard of the mindfuck moment par excellence. I managed to avoid what is probably the most spoiled movie scene in history for 21 years and all I can say is, I was still completely caught by this twist. The concentration was so much on not missing the decisive moment that the story of a child therapist who helps a child who, according to his own statements, can see dead people, got a bit lost. Yet no end of homage should be paid to the acting performances in this film. Bruce Willis embodies the child therapist Malcolm Crowe, for once a completely different role than what one we are used to from him. No stubborn anti-heroic action hero, but an empathetic workaholic who supports his young patients with everything he has. This has a negative effect on his private life and especially on his relationship with his wife Anna (Olivia Williams), who often sees herself as second best because of Malcolm's iron will to work. Crowe is, on paper, the protagonist of the film. After the initial focus is more on him, he makes room for the real star of the story as the film progresses. The then nine-year-old Haley Joel Osment delivers one of the most profound and authentic performances of any child actor as the psychologically damaged outsider Cole. Mysterious at the beginning, for a long time you don't know what demons haunt this boy and why he behaves the way he does. Only through the later realisation that Cole can communicate with the dead do we understand him better and are immediately fascinated by him. The second half of the film de facto belongs to him alone and we accompany Cole on his way to no longer be afraid of his illusions, but rather to engage with them and find a coherent way of dealing with this "curse". Director M. Night Shyamalan knows how to stage this unorthodox character, who doesn't conform to any clichés of children in films, in such a way that as a viewer you always d'accord with Cole's slightly absurd behaviour. A perfect complement to Cole's life is Toni Collette as his mother Lynn. She raises her son alone and struggles to understand how to relate to his weird and unpredictable ways. This strain affects her so much in many parts of the film that Collette is often called upon in emotional breakdown scenes, which she handles fantastically. Quite a great portrayal of grief and the desperate search for logic. If you don't know the twist of The Sixth Sense, the film still provides the big bang despite its advanced age. The question is rather whether you should watch Shyamalan's breakthrough work at all if you already know the twist. The mere fact that Willis appears in a different role than usual, Osment and Collette deliver their best career performances to date, and the two protagonists have very amicable chemistry makes the film worth a watch. It's also an atmospheric thriller, peppered with trippy horror elements, that manages to generate an insane amount of tension. Top directing, minimalist but great music and a terrific final punchline!

• Jul 30, 2021

Brilliant acting and plot.

Brilliant acting and plot.

• Jul 26, 2021

Absolute horror classic. The twist is iconic but the acting and how the ghosts are portrayed is what truly does it for me

• Jul 22, 2021

The Sixth Sense is a great movie directed very well by M.Night. This film takes you on a thrilling ride from the start to the end. But, ( Yeah there is a BUT ) I found this film too hard to rewatch. Overall: A one-time watchable thrilling film inclusive of an unforeseen twist at the end.

• Jul 22, 2021

As a kid I loved this movie, especially the first time when I didn't know the twist and even more the second time after knowing the twist and seeing all the signs. It had moments that creeped me out as a kid and I loved it. As an adult I still love this movie but there are some other reasons now. The main one being I now see how this movie is just great story telling all the way through, and can make you feel emotions in the last 10 minutes.