Slumdog Millionaire Reviews

• Apr 13, 2021

I don't believe i've ever seen such an over-rated film. If it was given the modest-to-slight approval word of mouth, it may have been more acceptable. As it is, this story is no more uplifiting then a nickelodan Christmas special with characters as bland and benign as a stranger on the street and with a climax that is so unrealistic it practically begs to be turned off. The ending dance may have been the only bright spot....and that was even dim. a huge disappointment.

• Mar 26, 2021

Its okay nothing more boring

Its okay nothing more boring

• Mar 23, 2021

The first act starts a bit slow. But once we establish Jamal and his journey of sacrifice, family, and finding love. This film is a great watch, as well the acting is fantastic.

• Mar 05, 2021

Slumdog Millionaire was released in 2008 and was directed by Danny Boyle. This film is a drama film, and it is based on the novel Q & A, by the Indian author Vikas Swarup. The soundtrack was composed A.R. Rahman and the screenplay was written by Simon Beaufoy. Slumdog Millionaire won various awards: Academy Award for Best Picture, Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing, Academy Award for Best Writing, and three Golden Globes for Best Director, Best Motion Picture and for Best Original Score. The plot talks about Jamal Malik (Dev Patel), a young man who is a contestant on a quiz. Before he can answer to the 20 million rupee question, he is taken away by the police: they think he's cheating to win. They are questioning him, so he starts to remember his past, trying to figure out what are the events on his life that helped him with the answers. Through his memories we can see all the other characters like Samil (Madhur Mittal), Jamal's older brother, and Latika (Freida Pinto), a girl that Jamal met when he was young, but then she disappeared. The film has an happy ending, in fact Jamal wins the price and gets together with Latika. The film was really good to watch: the plot wasn't predictable or boring, and the events that were shown, are actually relatable in real life. Talking about post production, the soundtrack was always on point with the scenes . And last, but least, the cast was really talented. This movie is the perfect combination of energy, fun and emotions.

• Jan 05, 2021

5/5. Manages to pull off brutality, love, and comedy insanely well. An intestine narrative structure works out well and tells an extremely compelling and intense story.

• Dec 28, 2020

Extraordinary, heart-wrenching, uplifting. A tear-jerker and a beautiful dream all at once. One of those films that can truly change your mind.

• Dec 22, 2020

There is some outstanding filmmaking here with Slumdog Millionaire. With an excellent set, good characters, and a hopeful story, this film hardly misses a beat. I will have to knock off a half star for the cluster of cliches in the last 30 minutes. Definitely worth checking out

• Nov 16, 2020

Heart wrenching but wonderful!

Heart wrenching but wonderful!

• Nov 04, 2020

Danny Boyle's Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire is about love and destiny and, most notably, about the knowledge and wisdom we accrue as we live our lives, regardless of our personal circumstances. Based on the novel Q & A, the film tells the story of Jamal Malik, a young man from the slums of Mumbai and centers around his unlikely appearance on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? Despite the fact that some of Boyle's directorial techniques are jarring and the transitions between scenes can be distracting, the film is powerful and profound thanks to a compelling story and well-developed characters.

• Oct 18, 2020

With a spine-tingling onset and complementing backdrops of gratuitous exploitation, it partly loses its heart by feigning gasps and loses its grip by backing away from what it's really about, luck.