Solo: A Star Wars Story Reviews

• 1d ago

Initially, I quite enjoyed this movie. However, on a second viewing, I noticed a serious problem. It is the inverse of the problem I have with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. While that movie's first two acts are a slog to get through, the third act is excellent and it ends off on a very high note. With Solo, the first two acts are great, but it really falls apart in the third. The pacing slows down to a crawl and you're just waiting for the movie to end at that point. They really should've found a way to streamline the last act to keep up the energy of the rest of the movie. That probably wasn't possible because of the extremely extensive reshoots, though. Honestly, I'm surprised this movie is as good as it is and not a Suicide Squad-level disaster. Overall, I'm sure this movie will be in my regular Star Wars rewatch rotation, but it's one of my least favourites. I like most of the movie, but the ending kills it for me. Which is worse? A boring movie with a great ending or an exciting movie with a boring ending? I really don't know. I have to say, I definitely prefer the Star Wars sequel trilogy to the spinoffs, and I'm very happy to hear that Lucasfilm will be slowing down with the spinoffs in the future. That's a good move on their part, I think.

It is just a meh film.

It is just a meh film.

• 2d ago

Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Utterly despised Lando's robot and everything it did.

• 2d ago

Coming from a long term Star Wars fan, I couldn't even finish this movie.

Coming from a long term Star Wars fan, I couldn't even finish this movie.

• 5d ago

I can't believe they actually made Han Solo boring. This movie is supposed to be an origin story, but we only really learn how Han got his last name (better in Legends) and how he met Chewbacca.

• Sep 15, 2019

Great movie with not enough attention

Great movie with not enough attention

• Sep 15, 2019

Just doesnt feel like Star wars. Dumb and unfunny jokes. Bad acting from Donald Glover and from Alden Ehrenreich. Which makes feel that the characters are just cheap reproductions.

• Sep 14, 2019

A thrilling emotional ride that adds depth to Han's character without straying far from the source :)

• Sep 13, 2019

What a dumb premise. Not the Solo we all know and love.

What a dumb premise. Not the Solo we all know and love.

• Sep 12, 2019

Just a heist movie, not much Star Wars.

Just a heist movie, not much Star Wars.