Sphere Reviews

• Mar 01, 2020

Good fast but uncreative. They literally could have done anything the mind could think of in this movie and they picked lame things to do. The ending was very unsatisfying.

• Feb 05, 2020

Severely underrated adaptation of Michael Chrighton’s novel. Strange, yes. But creepy and well acted nonetheless.

• Jan 21, 2020

I understand why most people didn't like this movie but I never found myself actively hating the film. Is it flawed? Absolutely. Could it have been shorter? Probably. Does it use tropes seen in much better sci-fi films? You betcha. But that doesn't mean I wasn't intrigued by the some of the directions in which the story went, coupled with some rather effective fuel of both the paranoia and nightmare varieties, a good Elliot Goldenthal score and great performances. It's far from a masterpiece, certainly, and maybe it could've benefited from changing things from the Michael Crichton novel whilst still keeping the basic premise intact, for cinematic reasons. But I still thought this was an interesting and even, dare I say, underrated sci-fi movie despite having seen the relatively spoilerriffic trailer beforehand.

• Larry
    Dec 29, 2019

Nice buildup but the wrap up was lame. The last scene where they were standing in a circle holding hands was super lame. It was like Crichton just got tired of writing the story.

• Oct 30, 2019

A rare masterpiece. The story and effects outweigh the characters but if you’ve liked Event Horizon or Prometheus-you’ll LOVE this.

• Oct 21, 2019

This film, while nostalgically awesome, does not hold up well. Its quite a departure from the book itself and also, as discovered in researching, suffered from production issues and sadly it shows. While this film has a lot of potential and some good character moments, it drags and drags itself across the bottom of the ocean and left Henry the Host and his guests dying for air. For more, please check out episode 10 of IT CAME FROM A MONSTER MOVIE for the full review wherever you listen to podcasts.

• Oct 18, 2019

Good actors stuck in a silly science fiction film searching for a plot. Sphere is like a bad 60's B-Movie.

• Oct 13, 2019

Need to see it first... before I can comment...

Need to see it first... before I can comment...

• Oct 01, 2019

good movie , a lot still to explain.

good movie , a lot still to explain.

• Sep 13, 2019

You should stop watching this film halfway through. It begins with so much promise but soon descends into painful mediocrity. Hollywood seems to have a habit of messing up Michael Crichton novels.