Spice World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spice World Reviews

August 18, 2016
If you don't love the girls, you probably shouldn't waste your time on this. However, if you do, it's ridiculous and amazing. 4 stars.
½ July 30, 2016
Stupid film, Pointless, Boring, None of them can act it's made for one thing only, To make the rich richer.
June 21, 2016
I was a die hard fan. As a preteen, I knew it by heart, especially Ginger Spice quotes. I showed the movie to my kids and they liked it too. It's funny ridiculous and they know how to have fun.
J'étais une fan pure et dure. Préado, je le connaissais par coeur, et particulièrement les répliques de Ginger Spice. Je l'ai écouté avec mes enfants et ils ont bien aimé aussi. C'est ridiculement drôle et ces filles savent comment s'amuser.
June 17, 2016
This movie was made for a target audience. Pre teen girls and young girls who loved the spice girls. It's a kids movie. Kids movies are silly. Of course men and boys will hate this movie and older women who don't even like the spice girls won't like it either! When i was a kid i LOVED this movie. Adults should not rate kids movies.
February 8, 2016
It was great watch the Spice Girls in a movie.
February 4, 2016
OMG what an amazing movie. I just wish it lasted a little longer
½ February 4, 2016
Positively insufferable. I hated every minute of it.
½ November 2, 2015
i thought this would be a scary movie for halloween. (hahahaha)
it was. it was so scary that i had to turn it off about 1/3 of the way through.
you suck, spice girls movie.
½ September 17, 2015
SPICE WORLD is a complete, entertainment-free dead-zone. There is absolutely nothing in this movie to be even remotely interested in. It is a film so awful, the only way to possibly sit through it is being in a place or a situation that you cannot possibly escape from it. I watched this film on a bus some years back while on a trip to South Carolina. I had heard of this film, and some schoolmates of mine wanted to watch it. How a bunch of decent, normal kids of that age could have liked this movie- I will never know. Clearly, they didn't demand much in the way of entertainment. But this movie is so beneath even those standards.

The film is really nothing more than marketing propaganda for the popular 1990's British all-girl band. There isn't really a plot here- just the 5 pretty women being themselves, I guess. I didn't find any of them that attractive; they didn't seem interesting in any way and they all seemed too stupid and too hollow to be interesting people. All they do is chat, and have fun. There is no character development. The Spice Girls seem like trashy, living Barbie dolls.

The film felt like a complete waste of time from start to finish- the boredom and the disinterest was the center of this utterly fucked movie- it is so badly made and so jarringly put together, the whole film seemed like a very long, endless commercial for the Spice Girls.

This movie deserves to be forgotten and thrown into the deepest depths of eternal hell. It is so bad, so uninvolving and so pathetic- forget about the bad music, this wouldn't even work as a movie that wasn't about the Spice Girls, it's so atrociously made. Did anybody think about how bad of an idea of this movie was and what a bad movie it would make?
August 30, 2015
Its strength is that it doesn't take itself seriously.
½ August 10, 2015
Más cerca a "A Hard Day's Night" y más lejos de "Cool As Ice", esta película musical que busca explotar el fenómeno Pop de las Spice Girls, gana algo de clase gracias a su auto-consciencia de la ridiculez del asunto y a las inexplicables apariciones de personas como Hugh Laurie, Bob Hoskins, Richard E. Grant, Elvis Costello, Elton John, Bob Geldof, Meat Loaf, Roger Moore, Jennifer Saunders, Alan Cumming, Dominic West y Stephen Fry, entre otros.
½ July 30, 2015
Ya gotta love a movie where one of the titles is "Idea By" and credit is given to the star or stars, in this case the malodorous Spice Girls. "Hey, we've got an idea. Let's make a movie!" You get opening titles billing for that in the writing block? Seriously? Or am I short-changing them. "Hey, we've got an idea. Let's rip off The Beatles and make a movie!" Watching this movie is the equivalent of wrapping your sphincter around a jet engine on full blast while chewing on broken glass and squirting drops of Tabasco Sauce in your eyes. Seriously, I hadn't felt this physically ill since I ate a Filet 'O' Fish sandwich that had been left sitting out ... for 142 days. Jesus Christ! Scary Spice, indeed. And mind you, not even one good daisy chain anal 69 sequence. One very sad note: Somehow Sir Roger Moore got tangled up in this freakmare. Casting him in this movie is essentially elder abuse. It's too bad the Spice Girls didn't pursue careers as window hookers in Amsterdam. The world would be a better place for it.
June 26, 2015
Close to being one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's a total joke. (First and only full viewing - 6/26/2015)
January 31, 2015
Maybe I just don't know any song from them other than "Wannabe" or maybe its because I wasn't old enough to care about them. Regardless, Spice World is a bad film filled with bad acting, unfunny jokes, no plot, too many subplots, and random scenes just meshed into one film.According to many critics, Spice Girls weren't even that big of a thing in the 90s, so a film dedicated to them doesn't make sense. Spice World is a weird unfunny shitty film that just wastes your time and money
January 29, 2015
Flawlessly camp, endlessly quotable. The movie of my childhood, and the same for anyone who enjoyed pop music of the 90's.
January 7, 2015
A guilty pleasure since I was a kid. So many fun moments and fun music.
December 27, 2014
I couldn't get to the movies fast enough when this came out. I still have the tape to this movie. Love it!!!!!
December 13, 2014
gurl power and spice
½ December 2, 2014
"Spice World" is far from a great film. These girls aren't actors and the story is a means to an end. What "Spice World" DOES accomplish is the cultural preservation of the late 90's Spice Girls phenomenon. The film doesn't really have a plot; in fact, it is more of an anti-plot as the random flashbacks and dream sequences try to create some semblance of a story but just make everything more disjointed than before. The lack of action brings all of the attention to the personalities of the girls. If you don't have a favorite before watching this, you will after (or you will just despise them all, but they are actually pretty likable). Despite the disdain of critics, this film was a box office smash. While the Spice Girls have become a forgotten chapter in pop history, I appreciate that this film allows them to live on and serves as a reminder of how big they actually were. If nothing else, "Spice World" will make you pull out your old Spice Girls cassettes and rock out to Wannabe like it's 1996.