Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

March 24, 2017
Tobey maguire why did you go you were the best
½ March 23, 2017
One of the best Marvel movies. Well acted and a good underdog story. The villain is well played by Willem DaFoe.
March 23, 2017
Excellent superhero movie, with a menacing villain, an extremely likable protagonist, an excellent score, and a very stylized approach.
March 20, 2017
The best super-hero film of recent years & the first since 'Superman' to attempt to portray the origin story of it's protagonist.
It's only glaring problem being the lack of proper screen-time & development for Dafoe's brilliant & complex villain (a problem that would carry on throughout the sequels).
March 18, 2017
Nothing is wrong with him. No complaints. Classic Action. Fantastic story. Amazing Marvel film. My Score: 95%
March 16, 2017
Great film best spiderman actor I miss him I want him back
March 10, 2017
Spider-Man makes a more fun and fresh look at superhero movies, and providing emotion for more memorable experiences.
March 9, 2017
One of finest Super Hero from Marvel... Favorite of Children & even my 2nd Fvrt too
March 8, 2017
Tobey Maguire's portray of "Our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" is fantastically done with not just action, but heart as well.
½ March 4, 2017
The best comic adaptation made!!
March 3, 2017
This started it all they should of made spider-man 4 would of been great
February 28, 2017
Spider-Man is a strong entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not because it's based on my all time favorite superhero. It gives Peter Parker a great origin story. The web-slinging action scenes are simply fantastic. Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe and James Franco bring unique perspectives to their characters. Sam Raimi's creative style pervades the film and enhances the material rather reducing from it.
February 16, 2017
While the movie is pretty visually dated by today's standards, it's still well made and has plenty of charm thanks to the combination of Tobey Maguire's performance as the titular hero, and Sam Raimi's direction, especially since the latter is a fan of the character. Spider-Man, besides Blade and the X-Men, was the hero that made the comic book superhero genre credible once again.
February 11, 2017
Great film from director Sam Raimi who brought modern superhero films to light thanks to this amazing first film. Great conflict within Peter Parker when balancing school life and crime fighting. Still has to be the best Spider-Man film.
½ January 31, 2017
(100th movie) Nostalgic orgasm. Cheesy at some parts, but still effective. "With great power comes great uhh... what was it again."
½ January 29, 2017
Willem Dafoe's the best Green Goblin! Really! Also, Tobey Maguire did a great job playing my favorite superhero. The acting and action was fantastic and I recommend this movie.
January 24, 2017
Spider-man has a great story, it was thrilling, and it has dazzling visuals. Not only does it have charm, thanks to a solid cast. It had great performance by Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Spider-rman also had a solid exhilarating potent action, and intensity with a tad of gritty atmosphere.
½ January 24, 2017
I hate Tobey Maguire his acting is so bad and Kristen Dunst it's not much better
January 21, 2017
Spider-Man is a pretty good movie, this movie is dated but it's still good and when the movie is bad it's hysterically hilarious, seeing Spider-Man swing around the city back in 2002 we all were blown away and impressed, but now it's gotten old because of the awful amazing Spiderman trilogy so they should stop it