Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

½ October 11, 2016
A lot of people say this movie is waaaaay cheesy and waaaaay over the top, but that's not quite what I see (maybe it's the nostalgia blinding me?). What I see is an incredibly stylish, incredibly interesting superhero movie that actually has a good story for once. The action is really good, and is used sparingly, and only in service of the themes/story (take notes, current marvel). Is it perfect? No, but it's still better than basically every MCU movie.
October 6, 2016
We've gotten two Spider-Man origin stories, and I think this one beats out Andrew Garfield's any day of the week. This movie knocks it out of the ball park. Not only does it show case the emotional side of Peter Parker, it has Willam Defoe as an amazing villain that pulls the audience in.
October 5, 2016
Toby Maguire is not a great choice for Spiderman. It had it's moments but never really pulled me in as I had hoped.
½ September 27, 2016
Sam Raimi delivers comic book fans the long-awaited Spider-Man film adaption we have been waiting for for decades! With a semi-original origin story, Raimi's take on the web-slinging, wall-crawler will have you respecting this particular version of the masked vigilante more so than you did the Spider-Man in both the animated series and the original comic books! Spider-Man is one of the greatest film adaptions of any comic book character we have seen on the big screen with talented actors, excellent action sequences, and of course, how could anyone forget, the amazing upside down kiss between Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson! Spider-Man is genre-defining masterpiece!
½ September 21, 2016
Sam Raimi's Spider-man has its flaws, but thanks to great performances from an accurately chosen cast and a classy directon, it stays the best big screen adaptation of the comic books so far ever made.
September 8, 2016
Can the film be cheesy at times? Yes. Are the CGI scenes a little dated? Yes. But you can't deny that it has great action, edge of your seat suspense, and a hell of a lot of heart. Tobey Maguire delivers a charming performance as Spidey and Willem Dafoe is downright sinister as the Goblin.
½ September 5, 2016
Superhuman mutigenesis born of the perpetual need for warrior supremacy wreaks its inevitable havoc.
August 30, 2016
"Spider-Man" balances between superhero clichés and its own personality, a balance that definitely tips in its favour thanks to the solid action, the secret-life theme perplexing Peter Parker's normal life, and a few simple yet realistic and touching moments. Some of the dialogues do fall under that latter category, whereas others range from average to cringeworthy. Sam Raimi offers an overall successful portrayal of Peter Parker/ Spider-Man but one whose obvious missteps bring it down a tad.
August 30, 2016
Thanks to a tightly written script, heartfelt performances and exciting action. Spider Man succeeds as the first great comic book film and set the mark for many more in the future
½ August 28, 2016
Hard to put in words how good this film was and still is. This film was a major step towards what would become the MCU. I dare say if this film bombed we would not be living in the age of superhero movies we are today.
August 27, 2016
To me spiderman is the best superhero ever to me
½ August 26, 2016
Movie was so good I wanted be spider man myself
August 26, 2016
Such an amazing superhero film that I can still visualize from my childhood, and would have that same visualization watching it today.
½ August 23, 2016
All 3 movies are essentially 3 1/2 out of 5's. They're all fine. I like the third one the best though. It has the best handle on its humor.
August 16, 2016
Great film but not the best Spider-Man
August 15, 2016
Everyone brags about it; I guess it's my turn!
½ August 14, 2016
This was the first time I ever saw Spider-Man in my life. I was around 5 years old. This is a fun comic book movie, that also has heart. To me, this film is a classic!!! It's one of those films that has so many memorable moments that I love remembering. Tobey Maguire is a great Peter Parker, and a good Spider-Man. I see the Peter from the comics, but not so much the Spider-Man from the comics. I don't see that fun and joking around Spidey very much. Sam Rami does a great job here as Director, and shows how big of a fan he is!! Dafoe is also great here as the Green Goblin. I loved sering Maguire and Dafoe on the screen together and fight in some fun and action packed moments. "SPIDER-MAN" is a fun, exciting, memorable, and action packed comic book film from beginning to end. I truly loved and enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!
August 14, 2016
A "One of a kind" film. Although it may not be just like the comics, it's still a feel good, action packed flick with a great cast and great story. Tobey McGuire truly is the greatest actor to play Spider-Man. No one will ever compare!!!
August 12, 2016
The start to "The Spider-Man Trilogy" was as strong as it could of been, it was a perfect origin story for this character, it had a great plot, strong acting, great fight scenes, safe to say the first Spider-Man film adaptation was a success.