Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

September 19, 2017
Hear is how we find out how Peter Parker became Spiderman watch how he got his powers and swing in to action it's a good movie! If you like Spiderman hear we go, The series gets better and better.
September 16, 2017
Willem Dafoe's the best Green Goblin! Really! Also, Tobey Maguire did a great job playing my favorite superhero. The acting and action was fantastic and I recommend this movie.
September 13, 2017
Fantastic!!! Definitely a must watch:)
September 10, 2017
First part of the best Spider Man Trilogy ever!
September 8, 2017
a good entry into the trilogy with the spectacular interpretation of tobey maguire and the direction of sam raimi, memorable, colorful and with an entertaining story.
½ September 5, 2017
This was the first time I ever saw Spider-Man in my life. I was around 5 years old. This is a fun comic book movie, that also has heart. To me, this film is a classic!!! It's one of those films that has so many memorable moments that I love remembering. Tobey Maguire is a great Peter Parker, and a good Spider-Man. I see the Peter from the comics, but not so much the Spider-Man from the comics. I don't see that fun and joking around Spidey very much. Sam Rami does a great job here as Director, and shows how big of a fan he is!! Dafoe is also great here as the Green Goblin. I loved sering Maguire and Dafoe on the screen together and fight in some fun and action packed moments. "SPIDER-MAN" is a fun, exciting, memorable, and action packed comic book film from beginning to end. I truly loved and enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!
½ August 30, 2017
A little over the top, and sometimes Raimi's direction and some of the acting (ahem, Mr Dafoe) can be a little over the top and distracting. For the most part however, Spider-man is a faithful, action-packed, and stylish comic book adaptation.
August 27, 2017
Spider-Man has a lot which makes it a superhero classic: Beloved characters and performances, loads of charm throughout its story, masterful score from Danny Elfman, and a whole lot of heart
½ August 27, 2017
This movie was overall pretty sappy. It felt like it catered too much to the romance with Mary Jane. Spider Man is a total pot head. The kiss scene is still pretty iconic though. And the death scene of the Green Goblin is too. Overall it was a good movie.
½ August 25, 2017
Yes there isn't enough action and the CGI hasn't aged well but you know what this was still a solid start to Raimi's original Spiderman Trilogy thanks to character's you care about.
August 24, 2017
Talk about a good old fashioned super hero film from the early 2000's. "Spider-Man" helps bring the beloved comic book adventures off the pages and onto the big screen. The film provides the audience with action, adventure, web-slinging fun, love, and a heartfelt and driven storyline that stays true to the comics and pays respect to the creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. The movie is very original and very cliche (all in good manner of course) with very good graphics and CGI (for the early 2000's that is). Tobey Maguire does a stunning job portraying the role of the shy, nerdy, heart full Peter Parker. However, I question why everyone at Midtown High looks like they're 40. Willam Defoe does a very renown job playing the Green Goblin/Norman Osborne as he cuts from character to character throughout the film. Overall, this OG Spider-Man movie is a great introduction into what has become a very successful and notable superhero franchise.

The thing I love about Spider-Man is the fact that he's just a regular young kid with extraordinary powers that he doesn't abuse, instead he uses them like any other teenage boy would. He lives two lives and proves to be normal through his struggle in love and school.

No end credits or mid credits scene due to the fact that these movies were produced (and the rights to the character were bought) by Sony.

Stan Lee does make a cameo as an elderly gentlemen guarding what seems to be his granddaughter from destruction by the Green Goblin.

"With great power comes great responsibility" -Uncle Ben
August 23, 2017
Tobey Maguire does an excellent job playing both a nerdy teen in high school and a crime fighting hero
August 18, 2017
Harking back to both golden age cinema values and golden age comics' often corny and fun (and moralistic) heroics, Sam Raimi's first web slinger effort is a classic in the vein of Donner's Superman. While not entirely faithful to source material to its own ends (in this case, pacing has excised mechanical web shooters and Gwen Stacy), it is a hugely entertaining and satisfying slice of popcorn entertainment. Beautifully shot, forgivably corny and genuinely sweet with a terrifying villain, this Spider-man may have organic web shooters but Maguire's characterisation nails it and Raimi's love of slapstick works perfectly in a well balanced family adventure, despite a somewhat silly looking Goblin outfit.
August 14, 2017
What a fun movie! Toby Maguire is who I grew up with as Spiderman. I just like him as an actor. I just think all around that this is a wonderful superhero movie. I love the cast, I love the fighting in the wrestling ring, I love Mary Jane, it has the famous kissing scene in the rain, it was fun watching the costume design evolve, and It had some really good action scenes. Way to go!
August 12, 2017
I liked this first Spiderman movie. Tobey Maguire was good as Spiderman and the rest of the cast was good. The plot showing how Peter Parker becomes Spiderman was good. The action and the special effects were great in the movie.
½ August 8, 2017
Spider-Man (2002):

Pros:
- Great Acting

- Terrific Writing

- Fun Action Scenes

- A Lot Of Heart

- Technical Aspects

- Fantastic use of the comic book style

- Amazing Characters

- Good Directing

- Very Suspenseful at times

Cons:

- CG is a bit dated

Overall: A (9.5/10)
August 7, 2017
worst marvel film ever!
August 4, 2017
This is currently my personal favourite spider man film that is likely due to willem dafoes excellentl unhinged portrayal of the green goblin along with some written dialogue which is good simply because I find that realistic dialogue is a weak point in the trilogy
August 3, 2017
From Sam Raimi, the director of The Evil Dead trilogy, comes a great superhero movie and trilogy which showed Marvel's potential to make great superhero movies. Well, this and X-Men. Spider-Man is the story of a high school geek who one day gets bitten by a radioactive spider and gets superpowers. You know the story. The film does the transition of a regular person to a superhero very well with the movie also having great acting and action. All in all, Spider-Man is a great movie that I hope you too will enjoy. 4/5
½ August 3, 2017
Not into Superheroes but it's a special Hero movie and a special franchise