Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

½ May 15, 2019
This movie is a great spider-man movie! If you love spider-man this is it for you. What keeps it from getting five is that Mary jane and aunt may could've been written better.
May 15, 2019
I really enjoyed this movie. It was able to balance the cheese and dramatic scenes very well. The villain is a perfect choice for this type of movie and that really goes for everyone.
May 10, 2019
Not the best. But I enjoyed at that time
May 8, 2019
The most friendliest Spider-Man film you can see with an upright origin story and a handful of character development
May 8, 2019
While some may prefer Holland one must admit that this is one of the greatest superhero origin films of all time. And in 2002 it was the greatest superhero movie ever. And it just still may be.
½ May 4, 2019
Good performance from Tobey Maguire and solid direction by Sam Raimi help carry this first cinematic spider-man film.
May 4, 2019
This movie is in my opinion, just okay. It's good, but nowhere near as amazing as people say it is. One of my main issues is how hard it tries to be like the tone of the original comics. Sorry, this isn't a comic book. The line "We'll meet again, Spider-Man!!!" doesn't work in live action.

Speaking of that line, what kind of script and direction was Willem Dafoe given??? I KNOW he can be amazing as the Goblin! His face is perfect for a great makeup effect to turn him into the Goblin! Even his performance as plain old Norman Osborn comes across as sophisticated and intimidating! But once he's the Green Goblin, he becomes a complete cartoon character in all of the worst ways.

It also doesn't help that Mary Jane Watson is one of my most hated characters of all time. She is so complainy, always needs rescuing (I think four or five times in this movie), and is such a complete tool.

Like I said, there are many good things in this movie. J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson is the single perfect thing in this entire trilogy. He is hilarious in every sense of the word.

Uncle Ben reminds me of an old man I knew, and was very likeable. There's enough good in this movie to recommend it, but still very overrated.
May 2, 2019
This is The ProtoType of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Proved Super Hero Movies could be funny, entertaining, and joyful again. Bright colors and campy presentation, with a great plot, could have a place in Superhero comic adaption again with Sam Raimi helming as director. Closing on the 17th Anniversary of an amazing origin story, I'm still apprieciative of Superhero Movies, good or mediocre of the 2000's. When I first Watch this movie, I never wanted to leave Marvel's Spider-Mans' New York City and it's boroughs.
½ April 30, 2019
The acting is very well put together. The plot isn't garbage like some other origin movies, and it provides overall entertainment for a movie. Worth watching.
½ April 24, 2019
Very nice. Tobey will always be great spidey.
April 22, 2019
Best spider-man ever
April 21, 2019
Good don't care for cgi movies but this is watchable
½ April 16, 2019
An okay movie. Very funny and lovable!
½ April 12, 2019
The acting in this movie, aside from J.K. Simmons, is atrocious.
April 10, 2019
First movie i ever walked out on.
March 27, 2019
Personally it was meh to me. I prefer the second one.
March 25, 2019
The greatest movie i've ever seen.
½ March 23, 2019
I grew up with this movie, loved the actors, loved the story, simply one of my favorite sperhero movies
½ March 19, 2019
It goes without saying, Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire puts a charm to the game-changing Spider-Man film that templates origin stories for superhero films today.
March 19, 2019
Absolutely gorgeous movie of my childhood!