Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

March 18, 2018
This movie is responsible for starting marvel fan craze in India and China
Really it's the universal Spider-Man film
March 10, 2018
What a great comic book movie. The exact kind of Spider-man story that we need. Kirsten Dunst is sooo sexy. James Franco is great. Willem Dafoe makes a great villain. Toby McGuire is perfect for Spider-man.
March 10, 2018
Un comienzo realmente original para una de las sagas mas importantes en la historia del cine de superheroes.
March 5, 2018

La versión introductoria de Sam Raimi dista mucho de ser perfecta y a pesar de que el tiempo le haya pasado factura (con un diseño de producción solvente para la época pero que se siente un poco obsoleto en la actualidad), sigue siendo un buen entretenimiento del trepamuros; gracias en parte a las buenas actuaciones de Tobey Maguire, Willem Dafoe y sobretodo un inspiradísimo J.K. Simmons como J. Jonah Jameson.
March 5, 2018
Spider-Man brings Marvel most iconic superhero onto the big screen in epic charm, taking this fan favorite character and adding every coolness factor that made the comic book iteration awesome. Sam Raimi knew his work, and also have a great main trio and a dastardly performace from Willem Defoe as arch-nemesis, Green Goblin.
½ March 4, 2018
A superhero film that stays loyal to the comics and makes an enjoyable movie out of it all. Director Sam Raimi's ambitious and surprising breakthrough sees us swinging with Spidey and some great comic book style action and humor, even down to being as animated as it is. At the helm are: Tobey Maguire pulling off both aspects of the web-slinger, Willem Dafoe's hammy performance of the Green Goblin, and J.K. Simmons as the perfect casting of the first reporter of "fake news". This action-adventure blends the drive of many characters alongside the blockbuster action. As a result, Spider-Man not only stands on the shoulders of great superhero films, but also leads us into a new modern era.
March 4, 2018
unbeatable. tobey maguire is the perfect spiderman
½ March 1, 2018
Very Good movie! One of the best Marvel movies I have seen so far! I can't wait to see Spider-Man 2. There were some things I would fix. One being Peter depression halfway into the movie. Also, I would fix the ending where Peter is talking to Mary Watson at the Cemetary.
½ February 26, 2018
As entertaining as it is, Green Goblin didn't have to be so cheesy. Green Goblin should have been a creature, I guess in the comics as well.
February 23, 2018
Incredible film. Loved it. Very well done. Some of it was a little corny but it had a comic book feel.
February 18, 2018
A Good Movie I Enjoyed It!
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 20/25
½ January 20, 2018
A perfect example of a perfect superhero film. CGI doesn't hold up sometimes. And the occasional comic book citizen yelling "It's Spider-Man!" is distracting from what is actually an amazing film. The sets are immaculate, the score is unforgettable, and Sam Raimi's style is JUST FUN.
January 17, 2018
The classic Spidey tale.
January 16, 2018
The first Spider-man movie ever was directed by Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire as our friendly neighborhood Spider-man. Now obviously the movie brings a lot of nostalgia with it , especialy with a character as loved as Spidey. We all remember the spider bite , or the first time he crawls on the wall and puts the iconic red and blue suit and swings around New York , or uncle Ben speech , or that amazing final showdown with Green Goblin and so on. But Sam Raimi also knew that the most important aspect in Spider-man universe beside the action scenes , are the characters and there is no low point when it comes on acting for this movie. Tobey is great as Peter Parker and Willem Dafoe was born to play Norman Osborne aka the Green Goblin. Just the way the action scenes are filmed and the way the movie knows when to slow down shows that everyone that worked on it not only wanted to deliver a good superhero movie , but a good movie in general. Spider-man is and will always be one of the best origin story's out there and the start of superheroes movies the way we know them to be today.
January 14, 2018
My first superhero movie that I ever saw, i was so cool, and funny, I liked better than the new spider-man movie, I miss tobey as spidey.
January 13, 2018
Fun movie and introduction to Spider-Man. I liked that they made his web-shooting ability one of his super powers instead of him making web-shooters. Tobey Maguire is my second favorite Spider-Man although he's a little old for a high school student, but he wasn't great at the quips like Spider-Man is known for. I wouldn't have cast Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn either. His performance as Green Goblin was a little odd and he didn't much look and feel like Norman Osborn. Kirsten Dunst also didn't have the look or feel of Mary Jane Watson. I'm also not sure why Uncle Ben and Aunt May are geriatrics when Peter is in high school. Great casting of JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson. Decent action sequences, but I'm not sure what's up with the Green Goblin costume.
January 8, 2018
Spider-Man can get rather cheesy sometimes(Green Goblin: "We'll meet again, Spider-Man") and some of the effects look fake. However, Spider-Man is one of the most entertaining origin stories to date. Other effects look amazing mainly practical ones. Those look the most breathtaking. Tobey Maguire was born to play Spider-Man and I support Tom Holland, who's pretty good himself, wanting to have Maguire play Uncle Ben. A great mixture of comedy and drama with some fun action/save-the-day sequences. Willem Dafoe is irresisitibly entertaining in the Jekyll/Hyde-esque role of the Green Goblin. I believed he seemed to have some form of split-personality disorder from an experiment gone wrong. Iconic shots, Danny Elfman's score, a highly stylized New York and having a huge Spider-Man fan as the director help guarantee this movie to stand the test of time despite some shortcomings.
January 6, 2018
Corny and campy at times, but full of heart. Feels like the perfect big screen adaptation and introduction for Peter Parker AND Spider-Man.
January 4, 2018
what a great film-especially for it's time
a great origin story that quickly turns into a great film
a likeable cast
a great villain-albeit he can seem cartoon-ish at times (it's never bothered me however)
great action
one of the best endings I have seen in a film
and,most of all,brilliant direction and pacing
Although some scenes are now awkward to watch.Such as the first encounter between spider-man and green goblin and the wrestling scene (not that these are bad scenes). Green goblin's suit...wasn't the best...I liked the mask/helmet but the suit itself was pretty bad-they should have added more purple or something and get rid of the neck piece
Overall,it may have not aged to well but it's still one of the best hero films
as a grade:A- or A if I feel generous