Spider-Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 2 Reviews

Page 1 of 2057
September 22, 2018
Spider-Man 2 is without a doubt, one of the best superhero movies ever made. It's a superhero film that doesn't feel like a superhero film. It's a great drama movie, with a great cast, stunning action, amazing story and spectacular direction and editing. It focuses on the theme of Sacrifice and till this day, it's the only comic book film that portrays that theme in a beautiful way.
½ September 21, 2018
"Spider-Man 2" is just as good, if not better than the first film. It definitely surpasses the original in terms of deliverance in action scenes, a more appealing villain and a stronger focus on the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane. It's a great sequel.
September 21, 2018
This movie best captures the non-superhero side of a character better than any comic book movie ever. Which is a high accomplishment being that Spiderman is the most relatable character in ALL comics.
½ September 18, 2018
(92/100)
A very noticable and huge improvement on the previous Spider-Man. Sam Raimi really used his budget!
September 17, 2018
A double character study teaching young adults that there's always more to the story than what's on the surface.
½ September 16, 2018
The absolute pinnacle of Spider-Man films. It captures Peter Parker perfectly and the essence of Spider-Man himself, with drama, emotion, comedy and great characters. (4.5/5)
September 13, 2018
La superioridad de este film combase a todas las historia que involucran a spider man es notoria ya que este film construye al Peter Parker perfecto y al Spider man perfecto , adicional de un gran villano que equilibra perfectamente este film.
September 9, 2018
What can I say? this movie is a masterpiece.
September 3, 2018
the heart of this movie shines through in every scene.
August 28, 2018
This movie is just mind blowing. Coming off of the first movie it does exceed expectations a lot. Peters story arc is even better coming off of the first movie because of choice. Choice is what makes this movie great along with "Spider-Man no more." Aunt Mays speech is probably one of the best speeches despite not being a super hero. There are many good scenes in this movie especially the train scene which is phenomenal. Alfred Molina had an amazing performance as Doc Ock, and the ending was great. Sam Raimi continued his work with this masterpiece. As of today Spider-Man 2 is still one of the best super hero movies.
August 26, 2018
Spider-Man 2 greatly improves upon the first, with much better CGI, a better story, and more unexpected plot twists. Sequels rarely are better than the first, but Spider-Man 2 definitely blew me away.
August 10, 2018
One of the best superhero movies I have ever seen. Great action, casting, and plot. Truly a cinematic masterpiece.
August 10, 2018
It's a very good movie, and the action is some of the best.
August 9, 2018
The deepest and most entertaining Spiderman movie in the trilogy does not disappoint. Bringing an original idea and combining it with great action, a quality villain, and complexity I did not expect. I
August 9, 2018
This will always be my favourite superhero film because of growing up watching this film in my childhood. In my honest opinion, this film has a stronger storyline to the first film and having Alfred Molina play Doc Ock is still the best villain in any of the Spider-Man films. I'd strongly recommend watching this film and I will never get bored watching this classic!!!
July 20, 2018
Not as good as the first but still really good. If you haven't seen this second part of the trilogy, its time to check it out.
½ July 18, 2018
Although this sequel is considered by everyone as the best in the Spider-Man trilogy due to its story being more engaging than its predecessor and the fight scenes being more elaborate. Spider-Man 2 still suffers from the same flaws as its predecessor that still remains inferior to Spider-Man Homecoming. Two years after fighting the Green Goblin, Peter is now a College student and still balancing his life as Spider-Man in between his school activities for his future. But he struggles with anxiety and stress due to his feelings for MJ when he learns that she is marrying J. Jonah Jameson's son while feeling guilty for letting Harry's dad die as he still blames Spider-Man for his father's death. Peter must deal with these issues while facing a new foe who goes by the name of Doctor Octopus. Ok, its understandable that the 2004 sequel managed to double the stakes of what made its predecessor a big hit in terms of action, storytelling and better characterization. This film still suffers from the same flaws that are present in the last film and Sam Raimi still did not fix this issue which made the film still unwatchable in the first place; but in many ways, Spider-Man 2 no doubt has delivered a few interesting ideas that made this worth the time for comic book and Superhero fans. Its clear enough that our director managed to come up with new ideas that are smart and perfect in its narrative structure that beats the first film's opportunities. This film takes Peter's journey in a more interesting direction as we see how our web swinging hero suffers from guilt and pain due to what he has done in the last film as he struggles with these personal issues that have been consuming him ever since he started saving lives from the deaths of Uncle Ben and Norman Osborn to his conflicting love for his childhood friend MJ as he understands that being Spider-Man makes more enemies and put the lives of everyone he loves at risk, its really appealing and intriguing to see how our hero's powers get affected when these simple things affect his life that caused him to quit being Spider-Man throughout the film before regaining them back and returning to finish what Peter started. Sam Raimi sure knows how to make the story of Spider-Man more interesting as he managed to progress through something different for each film and there is no doubt that he does it well to give the fans what they want in the first place while adding more humor into the mix to lighten the mood. There are so many scenes that are more elaborate than in the first film (Spider-Man saving people from a train that is about to crash, how Doctor Octopus became the big bad villain along with his fights against the web swinging hero and the scene where Peter regains his powers). The aforementioned Doctor Octopus is by far the best villain in this trilogy as he acts both as a threat and an intimidating antagonist to Spider-Man while I love how we get to see his redeeming side by the end which makes him a more sympathetic character than the Green Goblin for all the right reasons. The acting as always is great for the other cast. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are still the big letdowns of this trilogy. Its good to see nearly everyone from the returning cast like James Franco and Willem Dafoe as Harry and Norman Osborn respectively with the latter being a short cameo. J.K. Simmons still could not fail to keep me from laughing as the hilarious and comical J. Jonah Jameson but the one who steals the show the most from the new cast is Alfred Molina as the antagonist Doctor Octopus, he's a way better villain than the Green Goblin and I'm not kidding about that as he is the most interesting character in this trilogy due to his brilliant characterization that develops over time throughout the film. Director Sam Raimi manages to take a step up from his work on this film over the original as he does a fine job in tuning up the things that made the first Spider-Man a big hit, but he did not fix the main issues that are present in both films which are the poor characterization of Peter Parker and Mary Jane, he could have fixed this but sadly he didn't do so. Overall Spider-Man 2 is a worthy follow-up that elevates the thrills and set pieces to a whole new level but still suffers from the same flaws as its predecessor. This movie gets a 5.5/10.
½ July 13, 2018
One of the best comicbook films ever made! Its the dark knight of spiderman films!! Tobey gives an excellent performance along with kirsten dunst and james franco and especially doc ock (cant remember name ??) the action is phenomenal and the homeage to spiderman comics is superb!!
June 21, 2018
This isn't the best Spider-Man movie, but its an enjoyable movie.
Page 1 of 2057