Spider-Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 2 Reviews

Page 1 of 2050
March 25, 2017
the best thing its DR.octupus. the rest its pretty hard to watch. we have a whining spider man loosing its job, mary jane sucking on a play, and harry osborn whinning because spider man killed his father, as if spider man was a random murderer.
March 24, 2017
Great film tobey maguire best spiderman actor
March 23, 2017
Objectively as good as the original. While I prefer the original a little more due to the running time, this movie is also excellent due to its excellent tragic villain, great story, and excellent performances.
March 20, 2017
Maguire & Dunst were bearable in the first instalment but become pretentious & annoying as Raimi focuses his attention on their rather empty & bland relationship (she doesn't really love him).
Doc Ock was completely wasted as a villain with very little screen time & development. Molina's depiction was very different to that of the comics, with none of Octavius' tyrannical nature apparent at all (& they gave him a wife whom he seems to forget about almost as soon as she dies). Ultimately his storyline was of little importance to the film & only served to provide a few action sequences to keep the audience from falling asleep.
Unfortunately this is very boring & not what it's hyped-up to be
½ March 19, 2017
This is the best Spider-Man movie and no actor has given a better performance as Spider-Man/Peter Parker than Toby Maguire. While the first movie was goofy and cheesy this one is a lot more grounded and serious without it being stupid.
½ March 18, 2017
A true comic book experience
March 18, 2017
Beating the first?! How?! Better story, better action...simple!
My Score: 96%
March 16, 2017
I miss this actor as spiderman wish they made spiderman 4
½ March 8, 2017
Better than it's predecessor, this sequel focuses with more exhilarating action, extensive story telling, and maturation in the franchise.
March 2, 2017
I like tobey maguire as the spiderman actor better than all of them
February 28, 2017
Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man film of all time. (In my opinion.)
It's very surprising for a sequel to surpass the original. Raimi manages to step up the game and provide web-slinging and action that completely blows the first film out of the park. In addition to that, we also got the introduction and departure of Doctor Otto Octavius, aka Doc Ock. The chemistry between Peter and Mary Jane creates an additional conflict along with Peter struggling with the loss of his powers. Spider-Man 2 is a brilliant sequel to a Marvel film.
February 24, 2017
Extremely entertaining and intense
February 20, 2017
Still ranks as one of the best superhero movies ever! and those are facts.
½ February 15, 2017
Most critics and fans has stated that this remains the best superhero film of all time. And I can agree. As a huge Spider-Man fan and a huge movie fan, I love this movie personally. It had great charisma, entertaining action, well-written characters, and overall a well-polished movie.
½ February 12, 2017
I wish I could be a spider
January 30, 2017
viewed on 11/7/04 (Sun)

Ok, I need to confess again. Well this is the weekend of nice surprises. I am not really that keen to see Spidey 2. I mean Spidey 1 is kind of disappointing to me. Action movie? Not my usual cup of tea. Comic hero? I don't even read comics. For the hype and the buzz. Reviews say this movie has depth and really make Spiderman seems more 'human', you know like common people. That's not really helping either. I know X-men 1 is about social outcasts, Batman has a childhood scar to overcome and Superman has kryptonite to fear. But Spidey has rent to pay, a job to keep, homework to rush, a granny to take care of and can't keep his girl. Ok, it is not really that new but the movie is relentlessly in painting Spidey as an ordinary man crushing under these stress that I begin to think superheroes are the ones who need to see the shrink most urgently.

Think that really says alot of us in real life. Responsibility. To Spiderman is saving the world and don't we have the responsibility to pay the bills, hold our jobs together, running on household errands. Not that we like to but simply we have the ability to do it and we need to play our roles as required. Along the way, there will be sacrifices. Our social life will be miserable, you don't have time to yourself, whatever you do there is a little voice that wants you to be considerate to others. Now , compare that to Spiderman. He has to save whoever, I mean everyone, who is in danger and you can begin to imagine the sacrifices he has to make. You'll soon get a pretty good idea this movie is trying to say. Heroes have problems, we know that. Heros can't reveal true identities, we know that too. But hardly a superhero movie that comes along to tell you that superheros have a responsibility that cannot escape 'cos only they have supernatural powers and they jolly well learn to cope with sacrifices and do a good job in saving the world.

As you can see I like Spiderman 2 very much. It really is a very good example that an entertaining blockbuster can be more than just big cast, big SFX, big names, big action etc. I think that is why superhero comic books are hot 'cos they promise more than just imagination. There should be similiar messages or a thing or two we can take away.

I really hope Spiderman 2 will inspire more action movies to develop more than what is already so good in the special effects department. X-Men 2 and the Batman & Robin movies are good examples that forsaking the 'drama' component and focus entirely on the SFX is not really a wise move.

Am I looking forward to Spidey 3. Well... not really. But I am always already to embrace it if it can really surprise me.

Rating: A-
Expected Rating: B+
½ January 29, 2017
Best Spider-Man movie I've ever seen...I mean, who could've done better than Alfred Molina as Doc Ock? But this movie has a burning building scene and Mary Jane Watson gets kidnapped this time by Doc Ock instead of the Green Goblin.
½ January 24, 2017
Spider-man 2 a huge improvement to its predecessor. It was more emotionally invested, thanks again to a solid cast. Great performance by Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Alfred Molina. The script was superb with a solid story. Spider-man 2 provides us with a more entertaining villain, Dr Octopus. This time around the atmosphere was more gritty, dark, exhilarating, thrilling, and intense. Excellent Spider-man 2.
January 24, 2017
OK movie but not a must see
January 21, 2017
the best super hero movie of all time
Page 1 of 2050