Spider-Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 2 Reviews

Page 1 of 2055
December 11, 2017
There's no Spider-Man movie that can beat this one ao far.
December 9, 2017
Sincerity and stupidity of following a comic book couldn't be fairly more legit than a quickly paced sequel that balances its main elements delightfully or accurately, a simple but powerful impact overall.
November 30, 2017
Spider-Man 2 is one my favorite Superhero movies of all time and its also one of the first superhero movies I saw in theaters when it first came out and for that reason alone out of many this movie holds a special place in my heart
½ November 25, 2017
Really good Spidey movie!
½ November 24, 2017
With a better villain, more intriguing character development, and a bit of comedy, this sequel does everything it can to work
½ November 23, 2017
Not as good as the first, but still mind blowing.
November 21, 2017
better action,better humor,better story,better supervillain. everything is just better and that what makes this movie great.
jamrcla
½ November 18, 2017
Fantastic sequel, Full of great action and the love story between Peter and MJ was very well told and was more emotional driven and during the down times it helped an awful in keeping the film Entertaining, The acting was better than the first but it still had some cheesy dialogue, The action was incredible with some fantastic effects too, This film stands the test of time and is still one of the best Superhero movies around.
½ November 9, 2017
A classic spider man movie
November 8, 2017
The action in this movie is spectacular, the characters and the story and compelling, and unlike Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland, here we have a Peter Parker that we actually care about and feel for.
November 4, 2017
As a critic of all spider man series and most of the Marvel comic films. I found spider man 2 to be the most fundamental and true to character the best.
½ November 4, 2017
If the first Spider-Man gave use and the superhero genre the shot of adrenaline of action and humor, the second one shows the right amount of entertainment, this time with much more emotion. First feeling the burden of balancing the hero and the man, then realizing what you lose when you stop filling one void to fill one of your own. Tobey Maguire's performance carries that weight well, while James Franco and Alfred Molina play characters driven mad, but giving as much depth a series of comic books achieve. And the best part is that these characters are given a chance in spectacular action sequences with capable hands. Despite ramping up tension and the drama is more fleshed out, there's still more humor to stay the course its predecessor left off on. The legacy that Sam Raimi and the original Spider-Man movies have paved prove that not even the future can rewrite how close to perfect our heroes were the first time.
November 2, 2017
Spider-Man 2: An emotinaly satasfying and far superior sequel from its predecessor. With plentful action and character plot making it one of the best seqeuls of all time and a superhero masterpeice.
October 22, 2017
Best comic superhero movie i have ever seen in my life. This films blend in with action and comedy. Every spiderman fans cherish this film and will agree that its amounce better than the original. I love Spider-man 2 because how we deal with our struggles that we have in life. Also the best performance's by tobey maguire and alfred molina.
October 19, 2017
Much like the first one, Spider-Man 2 is just fantastic from start to finish. Tobey is even more likable in this one. Doc Oc is fantastically played by Alfred Molina.
½ October 18, 2017
The best Spider-Man movie by far. God bless you Doctor Octopus.
Mark H.
October 15, 2017
Another excellent superhero movie, it improves upon the first movie slightly, but I feel both are equally good. In fact, the only problem with Spider-Man 3 is the editing (if they lose 30 minutes of fluff, goofy humor and strange, depressing scenes with Mary Jane, this movie is actually fine) . Spidey 2 is a really fun movie with a good plot, same solid supporting cast (very colorful and well-cast) and good CGI. Another home run!
October 1, 2017
Even better than the first one. Best Spider-Man ever made. 10.5/10
September 26, 2017
viewed on 11/7/04 (Sun)

Ok, I need to confess again. Well this is the weekend of nice surprises. I am not really that keen to see Spidey 2. I mean Spidey 1 is kind of disappointing to me. Action movie? Not my usual cup of tea. Comic hero? I don't even read comics. For the hype and the buzz. Reviews say this movie has depth and really make Spiderman seems more 'human', you know like common people. That's not really helping either. I know X-men 1 is about social outcasts, Batman has a childhood scar to overcome and Superman has kryptonite to fear. But Spidey has rent to pay, a job to keep, homework to rush, a granny to take care of and can't keep his girl. Ok, it is not really that new but the movie is relentlessly in painting Spidey as an ordinary man crushing under these stress that I begin to think superheroes are the ones who need to see the shrink most urgently.

Think that really says alot of us in real life. Responsibility. To Spiderman is saving the world and don't we have the responsibility to pay the bills, hold our jobs together, running on household errands. Not that we like to but simply we have the ability to do it and we need to play our roles as required. Along the way, there will be sacrifices. Our social life will be miserable, you don't have time to yourself, whatever you do there is a little voice that wants you to be considerate to others. Now , compare that to Spiderman. He has to save whoever, I mean everyone, who is in danger and you can begin to imagine the sacrifices he has to make. You'll soon get a pretty good idea this movie is trying to say. Heroes have problems, we know that. Heros can't reveal true identities, we know that too. But hardly a superhero movie that comes along to tell you that superheros have a responsibility that cannot escape 'cos only they have supernatural powers and they jolly well learn to cope with sacrifices and do a good job in saving the world.

As you can see I like Spiderman 2 very much. It really is a very good example that an entertaining blockbuster can be more than just big cast, big SFX, big names, big action etc. I think that is why superhero comic books are hot 'cos they promise more than just imagination. There should be similiar messages or a thing or two we can take away.

I really hope Spiderman 2 will inspire more action movies to develop more than what is already so good in the special effects department. X-Men 2 and the Batman & Robin movies are good examples that forsaking the 'drama' component and focus entirely on the SFX is not really a wise move.

Am I looking forward to Spidey 3. Well... not really. But I am always already to embrace it if it can really surprise me.

Rating: A-