Spider-Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 2 Reviews

Page 1 of 2059
February 14, 2019
The second part adapts scenes from the āSpider-Man No Moreā? issue of the original comics and long time fans will be happy see panels of the comic come to life. The CGI was oscar winning for a reason and it shows.
February 14, 2019
One of the best Marvel movies to date
February 7, 2019
With a better villain, spectacular effects, and bold emotional storytelling, The sequel actually improves tremendously from it's original!
February 1, 2019
Wow. Sequels should be the other way around! They're never supposed to be this good, but whatever. It was enjoyable at times, but the CGI was very, very dated.
January 31, 2019
Spider-Man 2 is the 2004 sequel to 2002s Spider-Man. Very good acting especially Alfred Molina as Doc Oc. Great characters like Spider-Man and one of my all time favourite characters Doc Oc. Very good action all I have to say is hospital scene and train scene. Good story with great moments. Really good sound track. Kind of Dated CGI but still very good for the time. A few weird moments. Good cinematography with some really cool shots. Good setting with the American flag. The film also has a lot of heart and you can tell that they enjoyed making the film. Over all I give it a 8/10
January 30, 2019
I think this was the best hero movie before the the dark knight came out. It has resonable plots with thrilling actions from spiderman. Definetely enjoyable movie.
January 27, 2019
One of the worst spider-man movies, filled with cringe fest with almost every dialogue. Very basic story line that makes you fall asleep. The only good thing about it is that it started super heroes popularity and promoted spider-man into the pop-culture.
January 26, 2019
good but the film could be better
January 25, 2019
The best Spider-Man movie ever made.
January 11, 2019
This is the Best Spider-Man film to Date, the Visual Effects are Stunning, The Cast is Incredible, and Alfred Molina makes a Very Good Villain, it would be one of the best Superhero films to be released, and it will forever be the best Spider-Man Movie of all time.
January 6, 2019
The film surpasses the original in scope, character and action. Raimi was allowed to include more of his style and the film is successful in recreating some of what made the original so amazing. Dunst overcomes the character lags whe suffered from in the first film and delivers a true MJ persona. Maguire continues to shine in the lead role and is matched by the villain with an odd choice in Molina, that is perfect casting. Raimi dials up the weirdness and it plays out so much better than the first, I liked the first, but this is a near perfect film in the genre. Sadly this would be the last great film in the franchise before they rebooted twice. 06/01/2019.
½ January 5, 2019
best spider man movie. ever
89%
January 2, 2019
Not a huge fan of spiderman 2002 but the sequel is a bit more emotinal cool action and is a treat for spiderman lovers
January 2, 2019
Who am I, I'm Spider-Man. Sam Raimi directs the second and best Spider-Man movie ever made. This is Marvel at its very best. Tobey Maguire plays the web slinging superhero Spider-Man who now has to battle mad scientist Doctor Octopus (Doc.Ock). Kirsten Dunst plays Peter's love interest Mary Jane Watson, James Franco plays Peter's best friend Harry Osborn and Alfred Molina plays the baddie Doctor Octopus.Set two years after the events of Spider-Man, the film finds Peter Parker struggling to manage both his personal life and his duties as Spider-Man, while Dr. Otto Octavius becomes a diabolical villain after a failed experiment kills his wife and leaves him neurologically fused to mechanical tentacles. Spider-Man must stop him from successfully recreating the experiment, which threatens to destroy the city, while dealing with a subconscious desire to stop being Spider-Man that is stripping him of his powers.

The film has brilliant action sequences, a well constructed score by Danny Elfman and Oscar winning SFX. The scene when Raindrops keep falling on my head plays is the funniest scene in the movie and is cringe worthy. When I watched the 2.1 version of the movie I noticed that they fixed a plot hole that wasn't fixed in the normal cut. The film introduced a funny new character Mr Ditkovich who wants Peter's rent (played by Elya Baskin). I don't have any problems with this movie and I would recommend you watch this film if you already haven't because it is absolutely brilliant.
Rated PG for moderate Violence
Grade A+
December 31, 2018
Este material es impresionante las escenas, las actuaciones son emocionantes, podria decir que hasta ahora es la mejor pelicula de Spider Man en el cine, fresca.
December 30, 2018
Best superhero movie there is.
December 29, 2018
The best movie of Spider-Man
December 28, 2018
Carrying the first movie momentum, Spider-Man 2 takes on a bold and intimate focus on depicting the character of Peter Parker, and Sam RaimiĀ“s brave storytelling pays off greatly, as its character-driven scenes are as mesmerizing as the spectacular battle between the hero and its new nemesis, Doctor Octopus.
December 26, 2018
Best Doc Oct ever made Alfred Molina you are Awesome'
½ December 19, 2018
Of all of the Spider-Man movies, "Spider-Man 2," improves the most with age. When I was younger I used to find the story to be a bit ridiculous but now the themes are much more profound. I love the character focus in this movie and I felt it really dives into Peter Parker's mind and he becomes a character who is easy to empathize with. The action scenes are visually impressive and very exciting, but the movie stands out as one of the greats due to the focus on a deeper and more internal conflict.
Page 1 of 2059