Spider-Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October 15, 2016
Spider man 2
Watch now
October 15, 2016
Spider-Man 2 focuses on Peter Parker mostly and I don't have a problem with that. But it only focused on the romance between MJ and him, and they have no chemistry at all and tear the movie apart.
½ October 12, 2016
not as good as the first one boring villian boring movie
½ October 10, 2016
I'm not normally a big fan of superhero movies as a rule, but this is one of the best ever. So often I find these kinds of movies to be dull with flat characters, too much action, and lazy stories. This one has perfectly written characters, just the right amount of action (which is amazing when it happens), and actually manages to make you feel something. Add in our Lord and Saviour Danny Elfman and you've got one amazing film.
October 9, 2016
Only good sequel in the franchise
October 7, 2016
Amazing movie the fight scenes are great, the way they show his struggle in live been spider man and how that affects his life as Peter Park . One of the best villains super-hero movies has.
October 6, 2016
As of 2016, this is the best Spider-Man film yet. It brings Tobey Maguire back yet again as Peter Parker, only this time it has an amazing villain, even better than Willam Defoe's Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus. This movie throws you through an emotional roller coaster as you see Peter going threw relationship problems as well as problems maintaining his powers. This movie is perfect.
September 25, 2016
We need a hero, couragous sacrificing people, setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero, people line up for 'em, cheer for them, scream their names, and years later tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who told them to HOLD ON a second longer. I believe theres a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble. And finally gets us to die with pride. Even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want most, even our dreams.
September 24, 2016
Although I've never been a fan of Spider-Man, this movie goes to prove that if the film is good enough that you can become one.
September 19, 2016
Best Spider-Man movie!! Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man and always will be the best Spider-Man!!
September 9, 2016
Spider-Man 2 improves upon the original with an emotional focus on story, characters, and it's incredible action sequences. Still one of the best superhero films I've ever seen.
September 6, 2016
After the huge success of Spider-Man a sequel was inevitable. No longer having to explain the origin of Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 further develops all of it's main characters. Peters struggle trying to live two lives, Otto's obsession of completing his scientific dreams, Harry's hatred for Spider-Man, and Mary Jane's love for peter. The stakes are higher, the plots better, the action is more thrilling, and the characters are even more enjoyable, Spider-Man was already good and Spider-Man 2 improves upon that. Creating quite possibly the greatest Comic Book film of all time.
½ September 1, 2016
Arguably upping the ante, the sequel offers more of the spectacular action and emotional dilemmas of the original, albeit in better fashion. Doc Ock is an extremely interesting villain, portrayed exquisitely by Alfred Molina. Simmons and Harris are very good again, aided by the show-stealing array of very funny supporting roles (the stage manager, the man in the elevator, the doctor). The awkward love story still forces me to hide behind furniture but the occasional self-sarcasm makes up for it.
August 28, 2016
Seven Years before Avengers, this reigned as the gold standard in comic book movies.
August 28, 2016
To be a hero always comes with a sacrifice.The machine's greed for ever more power can blow out all reason that would contain it. Vengeance is a dish best left unserved.
½ August 26, 2016
Just as good as the original
August 26, 2016
Spider-Man 2 delivers the same dynamics that the original Spider-Man delivered, while also giving comic book fans a look at one of the most memorable villains ever constructed in a superhero movie. I'm looking at you, Alfred Molina.
½ August 24, 2016
Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" is a decent attempt at putting the character on film and mostly works. I don't think the sequel does a good job of advancing the character, mostly because it focuses most of it's time and energy on a plot line that makes little to no sense. Peter Parker loves Mary Jane (the character, not the drug ... he's a clean-cut boy), but he's afraid to tell her because he's afraid of what his enemies will do to her. That's 85% of this film. What enemies? Green Goblin is dead. Dr. Octopus is not around yet when he expresses this dilemma. There are no other super villains in this world. Spider-Man spends all his time stopping muggings and robberies. Who are his enemies? A newspaper publisher and his mopey friend Harry Obsorn? Why isn't he afraid that his enemies will come after Aunt May? Perhaps because he has a secret identity so nobody knows that he IS Spider-Man. Isn't that why he wears a mask in the first place?
½ August 23, 2016
All 3 movies are essentially 3 1/2 out of 5's. They're all fine. I like the third one the best though. It has the best handle on its humor.
½ August 21, 2016
One of my favorite superhero movies
Page 1 of 2049