Spun Reviews

• Oct 07, 2019

Mickey Rourke is awesome. Loved it.

Mickey Rourke is awesome. Loved it.

• Oct 06, 2019

This movie was made in 2003, BEFORE certain laws were made, which, from an addicts point of view, is very interesting and jaw-dropping at times. Just like with every Hollywood movie ever made, it's dramatized and directed in such a way to keep things moving faster. Not EVERY meth user is as extreme as the characters portrayed here, but they are out there. This movie, at 16 years old, is still able to capture moments where you can tell the script was written by people who've really lived the lifestyle of an addict. I've seen, experienced, and dealt with situations and people that are so close to the scenes and characters in this movie that it blows my mind. For the average movie-goer, this isn't gonna be much of a fun movie for them. For the meth addict whose lived that life before, especially for a long time, will see how well it captures reality. It's so artistically done that people can't even see the message it's portraying by not having a normal "storyline." That's the whole point of the lives of drug addicts, there is no point, it's just... "existing." One of my all time favorite drug movies, and I've watched it both before and after being a severe meth addict and still stand by review. It's a shame it doesn't get the credit it really deserves.

• Mar 16, 2019

Spun isn't for everyone. It's a crazy and chaotic film about drug use. There are scenes that will make you feel uneasy. If you're going to watch it try to watch the theatrical cut especially if you like John Leguizamo.

• Feb 23, 2019

Pretty anti-climactic; makes you genuinely feel icky watching it, which I guess it means they did a good job with the mood of the movie and conveying the characters. Brittany Murphy as Nikki is really the only person that shines. I don’t recommend this movie unless you’re specifically looking for a junkie druggie movie

• Dec 19, 2018

A cult classic about meth addicts trying to make it through a few days. The soundtrack for this movie is worth a star alone. Mickey Rourke does a great job and Brittany Murphy compliments him well.

• Oct 28, 2018

This is the best movie about that drug culture.God Damn well written and directed film. Most accurate portrayal I've ever seen. And funny as fak.

• Sep 17, 2018

fairly good example of indie audience favorite that critics panned. Neither a cautionary drug tale nor a glory story, Spun plays the characters for dark comedic laughs and not a whole lot else. Peak Mickey Rourke! Brittany Murphy transcends the material and reminds us why we miss her so much.

• Aug 19, 2018

It's not just an incredibly quotable film that's a visual sugar rush, Spun takes us on a joyride with a top tier cast, not letting up at all. For what it's worth I personally think it's a misunderstood masterpiece.

• Jul 23, 2018

This movie is not "smug amoralism"... this movie brilliantly caputures a day in the life of a few people who share similar day to day routine activites with many others and is not pretentious but a vivid look at this scene and the abandonment in the lives of the people who share some community spiriit in a world where there are no actual rules and the government perpetuates this mass epidemic of lost soles who have little if any chance to succeed in other ways... education system does not provide the basic needs to succeed and now that has been flushed down the toilet complete;y under trump administration where privatization will create even greater frustration and despair... these people are a product of our socialintentions they have been abandoned and have no other means of survival in an arena where they have some sense of belonging, this movie is not sensatiional, provides an honest perspective and should not be trivialized by egotistical academics who judge without empathy and if democrats, not really, because any criticism of this film is by emtitled no minds who are self=serving and ignorant of the real world they occupy like everyone else... GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Jul 06, 2018

Brittany Murphy and Mickey Rourke steal Spun, which is basically a cinematic simulation of a meth trip.