The Spy Who Loved Me Reviews

• Dec 13, 2020

Best Moore Bond film by far. Almost as good as the first 3 Connery ones. Almost. Great action.

• Nov 19, 2020

All the ingredients of A JAMES BOND classic.

All the ingredients of A JAMES BOND classic.

• Oct 01, 2020

The Spy Who Loved Me was definitely an improvement over The Man With the Golden Gun. Jaws is one of the better bad guys, and the stunts and action were entertaining. The actual villain was nothing special as usual, but the plot about stealing nuclear submarines was fine. The acting was good, the special effects were decent, the cinematography was solid, and I liked the soundtrack. Things weren't as stupid as in the last few films - the writing is definitely a step up.

• Sep 30, 2020

Easily the best of the Moore era, he is at his charismatic best here. Iconic henchman in Jaws, more Ken Adam top tier set design, the best of the grandiose Lewis Gilbert army vs army showdowns. A welcome shake up in the score after the two less than stellar previous entries by John Barry. The introduction of a true adversary in the Bond girl department, the Lotus is amazing.

• Aug 08, 2020

Although I enjoy a good bond film, I never clicked with Mr. Moore as 007. I always found him the more sleezier and self-assured than the others. I could overlook his character for the less favourable Barbara Bach, who I'm afraid was more wooden than a piece of wood in a wooded area, surrounded by more wood, and as if she were being guided by people off camera.(who hired her???). The only thing that kept me watching was the fact I'd dropped my remote under my bed and couldn't be bothered finding it.

• Jul 16, 2020

One of the lesser entries in the series.

One of the lesser entries in the series.

• Jun 12, 2020

I thought that the movie was popular and went over a fair amount of territory, geographically. I liked how high-tech gadgets were used and I also liked some of the one liners. I did not so much like the overall off-the-job conduct of those working for the governments, or Bond's attitude towards and treatment of women either.

• Jun 09, 2020

You really have to love Roger Moore and Barbara Bach's chemistry in one of the better Moore era bond movies. This is one of my favorites!

• Jun 09, 2020

Arguably, the best of Moore's Bond.

Arguably, the best of Moore's Bond.

• May 05, 2020