Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

½ February 19, 2018
A very good sequel to the first. I never really liked Star Trek until these new remakes with Chris Pine, for some reason. Not a big fan of Star Trek to be honest, but loved these movies.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 3
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 14/25
½ February 3, 2018
Really enjoying the Star Trek reboot. Well done, and I highly recommend you watch it.
January 25, 2018
A recurrent theme with JJ. Abrams is that he provides thrills that are "oh so visceral". Indeed he needs to do that, lest the audience cotton-on too quickly to the incoherent nature of the story underpinning Into Darkness.

Nevertheless, the chemistry between the main Star Trek actors and Benedict Cumberbatch's bombastically brutal portrayal of Khan smooth things over a bit here.
January 16, 2018
Shallow re-hash of Wrath of Khan that made me feel more embarrassed for a movie than I have since Star Wars Episode III when Vader does his infamous "NOOOO" scream. Does far more damage to the Trek brand than I thought possible.
January 11, 2018
Certain iconic genres should not be 'rebooted' with alternate universe realities while the fans who enjoyed their original fanfare are still alive. This is one of them.

A reasonably fun movie with lots of eye candy -- but it is NOT really Start Trek. If you use the name, make NEW characters which expand the universe and go another direction.
½ December 29, 2017
It's sad that this is the most liked of the Star Trek movies. This isn't good Star Trek. it's a poor rip-off of the Wrath of Kahn, down to the "Kahhnnn" scream, that was just awful. Terrible, terrible, terrible movie. If people keep liking this garbage we will never get quality movies again.
December 27, 2017
Star Trek Into Darkness: Spectacualry action packed, fast paced, darker and more liveler than its predeccesor. Star Trek Into Darkness is a worhy sequel in the franchise while being as fresh as its predeccesor and if not better than the first.
½ December 27, 2017
Not as good as the first and somewhat nonsensical.
December 26, 2017
I didn't like some aspects about this and the ending but otherwise good.
½ December 22, 2017
(92/100)
Great follow up to the first reboot. It borrows from WOK, yes, but it's new enough to be different.
December 21, 2017
An unnecessary retread for the Enterprise crew. Disappointing.
½ December 21, 2017
this movie tried to be too much like wrath of kehn which is ultimately its downfall. still a good movie but not great
December 19, 2017
Amazing story from beginning to end. So much at stake and keeps you guessing until the end of the movie!
December 18, 2017
First off, I am a Star Wars fan and have not seen any Star Trek TV show or movie except the 2009 reboot. I absolutely loved this movie. Cumberbatch plays a perfect villain. The plot is somewhat complex but is spaced out well to make a balanced film. I almost hate to admit it, but this is much better than all but Episode IV and V of the Star Wars movies.
½ November 30, 2017
Another amazing contribution to the franchise, this movie is decidedly explosive, with some humour mixed in.
November 28, 2017
A worthy sucessor...
½ October 30, 2017
Benedict Cumberbatch rocked it as the villain and the film was well done. The animating was great as well. Zachary Quinto was the guys who stole the spotlight. The chase between Spock and Khan-wicked!
October 28, 2017
i liked this but they pushed the switch at the end and it felt like a paradie