Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

April 12, 2017
Okay, so the big 'secret' twist that was never really a secret to anyone aside, I *really* dug this sequel and all of the developing relationships between the crew, and I'm happy to watch this group in however many films they want to make together.

Benedict Cumberbatch is delightful as the villain, as you'd expect him to be. I have yet to dislike any role that he's taken on.

Recommended.
April 10, 2017
little bit weaker then ideal khan.
March 23, 2017
This movie was only pretty good. There were some dumb and weird parts, definitely. The effects were good, though.
March 22, 2017
A really exciting sequel! Benedict Cumberbatch is insane as Kahn!
March 19, 2017
Well anticipated sequel of this saga space movie. Not the best, but still worth of watching.
March 10, 2017
JJ Abrams worst work. Keep a camera still and stop using lens flare every single jump cut. Great score.
March 1, 2017
170301: Wow, I love this new cast and this episode is just plain fun. Hints of another time line, a familiar villain and vaguely similar Birds of Prey. The film started out right for me with the colours represented on the inhabitants of the planet Nibiru, a very cool yet primitive species. The thrills continued throughout including the introduction of the USS Vengeance and more great characters including Admiral Marcus and his beautifully spirited daughter, Carol. Looking forward to bold new adventures with this cast. Features Leonard Nemoy's last appearance in film.
February 26, 2017
This crew rocks again.
½ February 23, 2017
The melodrama is at a fever pitch in this one and the movie doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all. Benedict Cumberbatch, in a way, highlights the very good acting of Ricardo Montelban in Star Trek II. In that film, the character he plays has many nuances, but Cumberbatch is either quiet and sinister, or completely over the top bad. JJ Abrams is approaching Star Trek like George Lucas approached the Star Wars prequels with stereotypes meant to pass for archetypes and ridiculous CG action crammed into every scene.
½ February 23, 2017
This new Action-packed Star Trek sequel has an excellent story line and interesting characters with way better issues than the last sequel. There's a palpable new comfort level among the performers in their iconic roles for the second time and working from a script that has a moved beyond introductions and reacquaintances for audience. Obviously, there has been a lot of Star Trek fans that just dismissed this new sequel as a real Star Trek movie because it was just a crappy copy of The Wrath of Khan. There're right in some points but this new sequel was totally different with an all new idea that just surprised and enjoyed me. Seriously, Benedict Cumberbatch was exceptional as villain, he was just brilliant. There was something missing that didn't make this film bad but also didn't make the film a total masterpiece...
February 13, 2017
Everyone performs rather well, but gosh, it's essentially an inferior remake of The Wrath of Khan. The resurrection scene at the end is terribly weak.
February 5, 2017
2/4/2017: Pretty good action and the 3D was also pretty good. I'm not really into Star Trek, but I was entertained.
January 25, 2017
A loose rehash of th Wrath of Khan but without the heart.
½ January 21, 2017
With good visuals Into Darkness starts off exciting and fun, but soon turns generic and forgettable. Cumberbatch as the villain feels wasted, and the rather unfortunate twist will leave those unfamiliar with the franchise a little lost as to why the name "khan" is so important.
January 14, 2017
It's pacing is problematic, but it finds its footing in a terrific turn of villainy for Benedict Cumberbatch and moments of grand emotional impact.
January 13, 2017
An action packed and emotionally explosive joy ride that pays homage to its creator, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is smart, witty, and lovely chaotic. "Into Darkness" is a film that encapsulates today's culture. A must see film! Abrams does it again!
January 12, 2017
I love this film the action is great and the story was great. I just thought the songs could have been more prominent. I thought this was a musical
January 9, 2017
The 2010's reboot of Star Trek gets better and better with the second instalment: "Star Trek Into Darkness". Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie, this sequel was much more enjoyable for me, and as someone who had very little knowledge of Star Trek before these movies, "Star Trek Into Darkness" has got me hooked on the series. The acting is probably the one thing that stands out the most, and I have to mention the absolute best part about this movie here: Benedict Cumberbatch (John Harrison/Khan). He killed every single one of his scenes, and Star Trek went from having one of the worst villains in the first movie, to one of the best villains in the second. Every line he delivered, every action he made, was done so well, with an art of perfection that made the movie more thrilling than it would've been without him. The plot I found was also an improvement from the first movie, it had a little more depth, and while it got a little all over the place at some rare points, it still stuck with a solid premise that kept me engaged throughout. The main thing that knocked this movie off the high horse that I am putting it on, is the ending. It was extremely rushed, and you go from thinking there's about 20-25 minutes of movie left, to suddenly just the quick wrap up and ending in about 5 minutes. I felt if they took the time to just fine tune that ending a little bit, the movie would've left you with a much better impression. Nonetheless, "Star Trek Into Darkness" was an extremely solid second instalment to the Star Trek 2010's reboot, and is one hundred percent definitely worth the watch.
January 7, 2017
Star Trek into darkness is a really good movie, I definitely like this a lot, even though that I wish Khan wasn't the enemy in this movie it's still a really good movie
January 7, 2017