Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

February 26, 2017
This crew rocks again.
½ February 23, 2017
The melodrama is at a fever pitch in this one and the movie doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all. Benedict Cumberbatch, in a way, highlights the very good acting of Ricardo Montelban in Star Trek II. In that film, the character he plays has many nuances, but Cumberbatch is either quiet and sinister, or completely over the top bad. JJ Abrams is approaching Star Trek like George Lucas approached the Star Wars prequels with stereotypes meant to pass for archetypes and ridiculous CG action crammed into every scene.
½ February 23, 2017
This new Action-packed Star Trek sequel has an excellent story line and interesting characters with way better issues than the last sequel. There's a palpable new comfort level among the performers in their iconic roles for the second time and working from a script that has a moved beyond introductions and reacquaintances for audience. Obviously, there has been a lot of Star Trek fans that just dismissed this new sequel as a real Star Trek movie because it was just a crappy copy of The Wrath of Khan. There're right in some points but this new sequel was totally different with an all new idea that just surprised and enjoyed me. Seriously, Benedict Cumberbatch was exceptional as villain, he was just brilliant. There was something missing that didn't make this film bad but also didn't make the film a total masterpiece...
February 13, 2017
Everyone performs rather well, but gosh, it's essentially an inferior remake of The Wrath of Khan. The resurrection scene at the end is terribly weak.
February 5, 2017
2/4/2017: Pretty good action and the 3D was also pretty good. I'm not really into Star Trek, but I was entertained.
January 25, 2017
A loose rehash of th Wrath of Khan but without the heart.
½ January 21, 2017
With good visuals Into Darkness starts off exciting and fun, but soon turns generic and forgettable. Cumberbatch as the villain feels wasted, and the rather unfortunate twist will leave those unfamiliar with the franchise a little lost as to why the name "khan" is so important.
January 14, 2017
It's pacing is problematic, but it finds its footing in a terrific turn of villainy for Benedict Cumberbatch and moments of grand emotional impact.
January 13, 2017
An action packed and emotionally explosive joy ride that pays homage to its creator, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is smart, witty, and lovely chaotic. "Into Darkness" is a film that encapsulates today's culture. A must see film! Abrams does it again!
January 12, 2017
I love this film the action is great and the story was great. I just thought the songs could have been more prominent. I thought this was a musical
January 9, 2017
The 2010's reboot of Star Trek gets better and better with the second instalment: "Star Trek Into Darkness". Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie, this sequel was much more enjoyable for me, and as someone who had very little knowledge of Star Trek before these movies, "Star Trek Into Darkness" has got me hooked on the series. The acting is probably the one thing that stands out the most, and I have to mention the absolute best part about this movie here: Benedict Cumberbatch (John Harrison/Khan). He killed every single one of his scenes, and Star Trek went from having one of the worst villains in the first movie, to one of the best villains in the second. Every line he delivered, every action he made, was done so well, with an art of perfection that made the movie more thrilling than it would've been without him. The plot I found was also an improvement from the first movie, it had a little more depth, and while it got a little all over the place at some rare points, it still stuck with a solid premise that kept me engaged throughout. The main thing that knocked this movie off the high horse that I am putting it on, is the ending. It was extremely rushed, and you go from thinking there's about 20-25 minutes of movie left, to suddenly just the quick wrap up and ending in about 5 minutes. I felt if they took the time to just fine tune that ending a little bit, the movie would've left you with a much better impression. Nonetheless, "Star Trek Into Darkness" was an extremely solid second instalment to the Star Trek 2010's reboot, and is one hundred percent definitely worth the watch.
January 7, 2017
Star Trek into darkness is a really good movie, I definitely like this a lot, even though that I wish Khan wasn't the enemy in this movie it's still a really good movie
January 7, 2017
My full opinion: 3/4.
January 3, 2017
Not quite as good as the previous one but very entertaining.
January 3, 2017
The cast is amazing, the story is intricate, the visual effects are astonishing, and the action is exhilarating.
½ January 2, 2017
Was good, but not great. 3D was a waste of time, it had a lot of corny jokes, and some plot holes. Very cool effects though. The first scene before the credits was jaw dropping. Worth a watch and probably a Blu-ray purchase, but not as good as the first one.
December 30, 2016
Adequately entertaining. But no matter how bombastic the action, and despite a brilliant villain performance from Cumberbatch as an adversary formidable in both brain and brawn, it is hard to shake off the generic nature of the whole affair - plotting skimpy enough to not qualify as story, a villain's plan so intricate and dependent on coincidence as to draw attention to the screenwriters' labored scheming, and generally coloring entirely within the outlines laid down by other recent action franchise reboots. A bit of a stumble after the previous movie.
December 30, 2016
JJ Abrams = Hack. He couldn't come up with an original idea if his life dependent on it. This movie is a turd. Just has he has destroyed Star Wars he put Star Trek in the toilet along with it.
December 30, 2016
Not a bad movie, just wish they didn't do a retread on Wrath of Khan.
December 25, 2016
While not as satisfying as the firat film in this reboot series, this is still highly enjoyable. Loved the fact that Scotty, one of my favorite Star Trek characters got such an action laden part.