Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

August 14, 2017
Though considered by many to be too similar to "Wrath of Khan", Into Darkness is still a very good movie that will grab your attention the entire time.
August 6, 2017
Loved it. Better than the 1st..which I also really enjoyed. Not being a big trekkie, I missed a few of the inside jokes (but they were duly explained by my girlfriend..who is a trek fan)
The cast here are excellent - channeling their predecessors whilst still bringing there own spin to the roles. 2 particularly stand out for me...Quinto is a fantastic Vulcan and does well to show both sides of Spock's psyche (and eluding to his heritage). Karl Urban is excellent once again as Bones...he IS DeForest Kelley reborn (its uncanny). Even Simon Pegg is better - now obviously more comfortable in the role.
Abrams certainly knows how to make kick ass sci-fi and is obviously a big trek fanboy. I liked the 'twists' on the original ideas/plots (some major trekkies will despise the changes) and think they helped to keep things fresh for audiences new to this universe. Its visually stunning - colorful, exciting and truly breathtaking in places.
In the end though...the best thing about this film is Benedict Cumberbatch. As John Harrison (wink) he dominates any screen time he has. He is the perfect villain and does it with buckets of style. Charming, super intelligent and ultimately deadly. More of the Cumberbatch please!
Whether your a trek fan or not...I highly recommend this.
July 24, 2017
The Original Series (TOS) was a thoughtful & action packed 1967-69 show, usually well scripted with a great message slipped in. Will I watch "into darkness"? Yes, when it's free on cable - but only because it has some great actors in it, including Cumberbatch. The 2009 movie should have been marketed as a whiz-bang spoof of Roddenbery's original. Or change the title and the character names and it would be a pleasant sci-fi pic - but Star Trek it ain't! If you respect the spirit of Star Trek, don't see this film on opening weekend - if at all!
July 22, 2017
This has to be one of the worst movies ever made for dollar spent. JJ Abrams usually delivers, but this was a giant misfire.
½ July 18, 2017
Strong performances from the cast make this Star Trek movie a fun to watch Sci-fi action movie thrill ride while giving us a good background on Khan, a favorite character from the original Star Trek. My only issue with this movie, and unfortunately it's a pretty big one, is the radiation scene towards the end of the movie. The Spock scene from the original Wrath of Khan movie was cinema classic-ness & redoing it in this movie only cheapens it.
½ July 17, 2017
A pesar de que tiene una mayor carga dramática en su argumento y da la sensación de que se intenta hacer un estudio más en profundidad de los personajes (gracias a que ya no existe la necesidad de presentarlos), hay algo en esta segunda parte que aun no consigue convencerme del todo en comparación de la anterior.

Quizás el sentido más aventurero y desenfadado de la renovación de la saga me parecía algo más interesante. Y sin embargo creo que el camino que sigue la saga en esta continuación es el correcto.

Puede que simplemente no consiguiera conectar conmigo.

Por todo lo demás, me parece una película más que correcta a nivel técnico, y como era de esperar con JJ, muy entretenida.
July 7, 2017
Star Trek into darkness is a really good movie, I definitely like this a lot, even though that I wish Khan wasn't the enemy in this movie it's still a really good movie, it's lots of fun.
July 7, 2017
A good movie. I like the cast and how they did the plot. Wished they did more character development on Khan. Good action and special effects.
July 6, 2017
The reboot was excellent and this is a fitting follow up. As expected, the visuals are tremendous and the action is non-stop. The highlight is Cumberbatch's turn as the memorable Khan. A great take on the Wrath of Khan, led by Pine and Quinto's stellar chemistry.
½ July 4, 2017
Gross. Quit trying to force gay shit into our mind.
July 2, 2017
Though it doesn't have as much of the character depth that made the first so good, this is still a pretty solid second installment filled with exciting action, impressive visual effects, and has a more menacing villain than the first movie. A rare sequel that's about as good as the first.
July 2, 2017
Awful, utterly awful.

As with the previous film, the special effects are very good, there's lots of nice nods to the original Star Trek franchise, and that's the best it gets.

The film rips off The Wrath of Khan, taking one of the most powerful scenes in film history, and reduces it to crap. Cumberbatch was in it because, well, Cumberbatch is in everything. He's not very good at being a psychotic genetically engineered superhuman from the Indian subcontinent.

The film is pointless.
July 1, 2017
The film has an exciting and somewhat startling start. The special effects were 5 stars. The plot twists of the film were very well placed and the dialogues were very well staged !!! Despite this, the script has major flaws, such as spending a lot of time with cnas somewhat unnecessary. I give it a 7.8 / 10. It is not necessary to have watched the other star trek !!!
June 29, 2017
The way Khan was portrayed by Benedict cumberbatch was the absolute best you can get with an enemy mastermind. Although it borrows heavily from 'The wrath of Khan', remember they are in a different timeline but in time physics everything will take place the one or the other... This is portrayed very well in the movie.
½ June 27, 2017
As Abrams continues to reboot the Star Trek franchise, he successfully brings a movie that would remind us the awesome characters we all know, with a blast.
½ June 26, 2017
The cast is great and Benedict Cumberbatch is perfect as Khan. The visuals are great. My big problem with it is that is redoing a bit of a plot that has been down before.

8.6/10
June 23, 2017
Again, another good Star Trek movie. I don't consider myself a Trekie but I like this one too.
June 22, 2017
Without doubt, this was the best tape that we could see of this saga, in which they give a very convincing personality to the villain and a very interesting plot
June 21, 2017
Not quite as good as the first movie ...
June 17, 2017
great film and even better than the first and keeping to the original story in its own way.