Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Reviews

• 1d ago

CGI still looks great and will continue to look great. Actors were awesome. Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Ian Mcdiarmid and great story that continue in ep2 and 3. The Phantom Menace serve as excellent fundation for rest of saga. And nothing on this world is more epic that duel of the Fates and soundtrack that go with it.

• 2d ago

As juvenile and off-putting as a wet nappy. Terrible writing, terrible acting and cgi that has aged as well as the career of its star actor. Irredeemable garbage and an insult to fans of Star Wars. In the age of remakes and reboots, how about a remake of this steaming pile?

• 2d ago

Meh, not that bad. I think it's better than Attack of the Clones but not as good as Revenge of the Sith.

• 5d ago

Great introduction in to galaxy that is in peace, but started to falling apart. Lucas genius way of telling real world history in fantasy movie because many conflicts started because trade in history. Naboo and Tatooine was great addition to Star Wars galaxy. This movie should have atleast 80% positives reviews.

• 6d ago

Right away, my least favourite of the 8 Skywalker saga movies (I find it hard to rank Rouge One, and I haven't seen Solo.) Most of the movie is just boring nonsense on Tatoonie and Naboo, and don't get me started on the Trade Federation. RUBBISH! Its few redeeming features are 1) Darth Maul, steals every one of the several scenes he is in, just an amazing villian, up there with Darth Vader and Palpatine, 2) That final battle with Maul, thrilling, 3) Yoda's cameo appearance and 4) John William's score. Overall pretty average entertainment for the family.

• Aug 11, 2019

Every Saga have its Beginning. EPIC!!! I cannot give enough praises to entire PT. Revolution in entire movie industry. Definitely better than OT and only LOTR is better but not by much.

• Aug 10, 2019

Avesome start to awesome adventure. Along with soundtrack and duel of the fates, i really liked when Padme said that will not play games while her peoples suffer and that she will return ultimately creating plan and defeating Trade Federation in city.

• Aug 10, 2019

Lucas always wanted to tell story and he did it. Great movie. Few nitpicks about too much Jar Jar or that kid Anakin shouldn't be one in fighter. Duel of the Fates Duel with Maul Podracers New Galaxy in time of peace in state of falling apart Jedi at their full strenght( not old guys from obsolete trilogy) Sith behind scene and Palpatine rise to power. One of best movies ever

• Aug 08, 2019

The Phantom Menace is the weakest of the Franchise. It's made for money's sake.

The Phantom Menace is the weakest of the Franchise. It's made for money's sake.

• Aug 03, 2019

The CGI may have been state of the art for 1999, but compared to today's CGI, it feels a little dated. It may not have been the prequel us Star Wars fans were waiting for, but, it is still Star Wars and if it is a Star Wars movie, you're gonna have a great story, great music by John Williams, planets and characters you never thought about, a shout out to exceptional performances from Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid, and above all, fun!!!