The Stepford Wives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stepford Wives Reviews

September 22, 2017
Bette Milder was funny but how would the husband even know how to program her or not? did not make sense.
September 16, 2017
I decided to watch this when it came on after a show I watched. After the first 45 minutes I turned it off. It was too bad to watch the whole thing. Maybe it was trying to be funny but Kidman was just abrasive. Broderick was an idiot and it stunk!
February 8, 2017
It's good movie to watch
June 20, 2016
This movie is all kinds of crazy and if you liked it, good for you. People have different taste
May 5, 2016
This movie is weird. Close is great as a weirdo. Kidman is good, and the movie has some interesting messages, but not one I'd put in my collection.
April 23, 2016
The Stepford Wives is a fairly awful movie. It greatly deviates from its source novel, which was a dark and frightening commentary on misogyny and suburbia. It replaces darkness for camp and its edge for slapstick, but it even does camp and slapstick poorly. How such a star-studded cast was recruited for The Stepford Wives is beyond me. (4/23/16)
November 20, 2015
What a waste of talent and money!
November 6, 2015
What a film!!
A funny sci-fi adaptation to the classic 70's thriller with possibly 1 of the most amazing cast set, we got Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broadrick, Glenn Close, Bette Midler, Jon Lovitz and the legend that is Christopher Walken, a really clever funny tale about the perfect life with the perfect wife for the perfect husband, it's just really good I enjoyed it, end of
August 19, 2015
Terrible cast, which constantly get on your nerves, Christopher Walken excluded. The story, however, is good. I should have watched the original first really but, at least I'm now motivated to do so, I suppose.
½ August 13, 2015
I honestly can't say how surprised I felt about this I really like the cast but I feel they lost the concept of the original story I didn't minded that they modernized it it's just what made the original so great it's because it told a very dark and interesting concept with this they spin it I find that insulting and very wrong.
½ July 28, 2015
Even at only an hour and a half this boring remake drags and fails to entertain.
½ June 21, 2015
Poor EVERYTHING. You know it's rough when an unfunny joke about the slow speeds of AOL is the funniest line in the movie.
June 5, 2015
Boring, and fails at being touching, funny, or mysterious.
½ April 27, 2015
Pretty awful. I mean, I know some people like this as a kind of cult hit, but I definitely didn't enjoy it. Haven't seen the original at all but it's supposed to be good. This is just really dumb though. And there's something just really off about the whole thing. I know that the wives are supposed to be really strange, but that's not it. I just got some kind of strange vibe from the way this film is shot, directed. and acted. And it's not deliberate, per se. The one thing I really liked about this film is that it's got Christopher Walken in it. If nothing else, youtube his scenes from this film lol.
½ April 3, 2015
mindlessly, implausibly dumb
March 22, 2015
Taken as a parody of a parody or stretching its meaning, this movie isn't that bad.
½ March 2, 2015
5.5/10
It was a kind of funny movie with some good performances but there seemed to be missing some much meaning and depth, and so it felt all too literally superficial. Still, it had some "funny" moments but there wasn't anything special or memorable about it.
February 4, 2015
Do bad it's not worth a real review or joke.
January 31, 2015
Another "can't-take-this-too-seriously-just-enjoy-it-and-shut-up" movie! You can't beat fun star-studded B-movies like this! Where else will you get Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broderick, Roger Bart, Better Midler, John Lovitz, Glenn Close and Christopher Walken all in the same movie?!?! While many criticize Kidman for weird movie choices like this, I liked seeing her in this film cause it told me that the renowned "Hours" actress could also have fun and laugh at herself a bit. In any case, the plot is preposterously laughable. Whether that makes it a good or bad movie is up to you.
½ January 20, 2015
The sort of movie I laugh myself silly at, but not when there are men in the room. I don't want them to get the mistaken idea that this is actually a joke.