Stick It - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stick It Reviews

½ August 11, 2016
I didn't think Stick it was going to be a very good film considering it was from the same director that brought us Bring it On (2000) which sucked however I decided to watch the film and I am happy I did. I first thought that the film was going to be a drama with little to no comedic moments however I was surprised with the amount of comedic moments in the film. Jeff Bridges is one of my all time favorite actors and he stole the show as Burt Vickerman though Bridges has had better roles this was far from his worst performance. Another great performance was Missy Peregrym who played Haley the main character of the film, her performance was actually pretty good and that's not bad considering the fact that she's not a big named actress. Though Stick it has many comedic parts it still has a few dramatic parts in the film as well but honestly the films more of a comedy. Sure Stick it isn't a perfect film and does have a few flaws in it it is far from being a bad film, if you want a sports film that never takes itself seriously than I reccommend Stick it for you.
½ July 23, 2016
Just take it for what it is.
May 26, 2016
All time favorite movie of mine, one of the few movies I can watch over again and never get tired of it.
March 2, 2016
movie was amazing you should watch it
½ February 8, 2016
such a classic movie, brings me back to my gymnastics days. havent seen the actresses in anything since. I wonder what happened to them? i dont agree with the average rating of 4.9 its a 10 in my book. They stuck the landing with this one.
December 25, 2015
This movie is not a guy's movie. Don't watch it, but don't comment on it either. I think most females would get the serious side and the comedic side of this film. I loved it.
December 20, 2015
Best Movie in the world all you haters out there do your own thing and we will do ours just stay out of our shit and don't reply cause you are just haters and want to start some crap over a movie. everybody has a opinion let people express it without you being a total jackass and replying back and saying it is some bullshit cause its not what is some bullshit is the way that you treat people so do yourself a favor and just shut the hell up.
½ September 17, 2015
Just another teen,sloppy script movie.Will appeal to the under 20 crowd.
½ August 27, 2015
a stupid movie about a rebellious girl who is forced by t
he courts to go back to gymnastics. (lol)
July 31, 2015
For the most part, it sticks.
July 20, 2015
Maybe it's a heavy bout of nostalgia, but there is something, maybe everything, in this film that sticks.
June 19, 2015
Strong performances and a fun perspective on the world of gymnastics makes this one of my favorite sports movies.
April 12, 2015

Obviously, this movie gets my 5 Rose rating, cuz it's just that awesome!

~Plot: Jaded young chick, pissed at life and parental mistakes (who isn't?), has a run-in with the law (again) and is forced, by her father and a very wise old judge, to face her past. How can this NOT be interesting?! Add in fantastic gymnastics, bmx stunts, some snarky humor, laugh-out-loud (what, she spelled it out? Laaaame. Doesn't she know she can use the ridiculously overused "lol" catch-all thingy??) humor, and Jeff Bridges on a trampoline. Ooops! Gave that away. Shoot! Now you really wanna see it, donchya? *grins* I know, it's epic.

~Character/Actors: Aaaaawe-some!! I don't think they could have done any better with casting. Missy is, just, superbly fantastic. She nailed Haley's character, and gave an awesome performance.

Jeff Bridges is, well, a legend, and his films are generally always entertaining. His portrayal of Burt Vickerman was awesome, and really entertaining. He was also really believable, and I found myself wondering once "Did he used to be into gymnastics, because he seems like a natural with it all!"

Nikki SooHoo (who plays Wei Wei) is just phenomenal! She's hilarious, and I LOOOOOVE her dancing! She's an inspiration in herself, and her character could have it's own film.

Joanne Charis (played by Vanessa Lengies) is an awesome character! I love the changes she goes through, and how much she grows up throughout the film. All the girls do, really, but she grows more than most. Overcoming petty jealousy, and getting over being an immature brat is always something to applaud ;)

~Ending: *cries* It. Was. Awesome!! Such a great ending- I always get chills, butterflies, and tear up. I love when they all pull out their bra straps, and support their fellow gymnast. (What, did she say bra straps? WTF?!) YES! It's epic, and you must watch the film to find out what I'm talking about. It's awesome, trust me :)

Ok, do you need more reasons to watch this movie? You shouldn't but if you need even more convincing, here's something...

For all you Twilight lovers out there!! Did you miss it? Up in the film info ^^ there's an actor there you may want to see. Yes peeps, that's Kellan Lutz, the actor made famous by his muscles and "monkey-man" moves in the Twilight franchise, playing Emmett Cullen.

Well, in this film, you see him several years younger than the first Twilight film (2008), and he's just adorkable!!! He skateboards, does some awesome stuff on a bmx bike, and is hilarious around the gymnast chicks. He's a total bad-ass, and I adore his character. He rocks, his character rocks, just go watch it now.
April 3, 2015
This movie attacks very important subjects such as divorce, jealousy, lying, and cheating, while its target audience being for pre and early teens. Stick It does an incredible job showcasing that if you break the law, you will be punished, and the punishment may not always end up being a punishment. Having a positive outlook even when things aren't what you plan and forgiveness are main themes in the movie as well.

Although the movie has positive qualities, the female gymnasts punk-attitude and "badass" way to do gymnastics sometimes overshadow the central message of working hard to achieve your goals and pushing yourself to new limits. We see at times the female gymnasts are back talking and rebelling their parents and trying to break away from authority, which is not a message that is great to be sending to the target audience, which is 11-16 year old girls.

Stick It provides the audience with likeable characters, a suspenseful and unpredictable plot, and overall a great story. This is a great movie for mothers and daughters to watch, young athletes, or anyone who enjoys the sport of gymnastics. By the end of the movie, you are hoping to see Haley succeed, and the use of catchy and funny dialect only makes this movie better. Stick It is a must see if you're looking for an uplifting film with a great message.
March 11, 2015
It meets the expectations of a fun teen movie.
½ March 10, 2015
I was hoping for Mean Girls or Pitch Perfect -esque humor, but this didn't even come close.
February 2, 2015
This movie was well worth the watch. Great casting.
January 3, 2015
YOU stick it...stupid movie...
January 3, 2015
YOU stick it...stupid movie...