Storage 24 Reviews

• Jul 07, 2020

"Storage 24" is pretty shocking. From awful acting to a piss poor story the whole film was just crap. The actual production of the film was fine (other than some points I will get to) and is the reason is doesn't get half a star. Clearly derived straight from "Predator" the monster was not too inventive though was scary I have to admit. This did result in a few scenes that were actually quite tense and frightening. However, the obvious blunder at the start and awful looking cgi set the film out to fail within 5 minutes. Can another viewer tell me where this is set? Is it Hyde Park or is it Battersea? How such an obvious blunder , literally within the first 5 minutes passes is beyond me. Secondly, the first, opening picture of the film is an awful looking skyline of "stereotypical" London. Not an actual skyline. I mean how hard is it to literally go to London and film that shot properly (Primrose Hill would be perfect!). This all culminates with to produce a very poor film in almost every aspect and is one to avoid,

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2018

It'd probably be pretty jingoist of me to imply that a British microbudget horror film is better than an American microbudget horror film of the same vein purely by virtue of being British, but seeing as I'm an Australian and so it's not really patriotic for me to lean one way or the other, I'm gonna go ahead and outright say it: "a British microbudget horror film is better than an American microbudget horror film of the same vein purely by virtue of being British". Storage 24 isn't breaking any new ground, but there's some neat practical effects and often even features bearable acting quality.

• Jul 05, 2017

WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....

• Oct 16, 2016

Yet another 'nasty alien on rampage' film. It suffers badly from the plot having to squeeze into the gaps between 'Alien', 'Cloverfield' and 'Battle Los Angeles' (for the very last 30 seconds) - but misses a trick by taking itself too seriously. Had Simon Pegg and Nick Frost had something to do with it, they could have taken it in a much fresher direction.

• Jun 18, 2016

Btitish B horror/sci-fi movie that looks as if it's been made straight to the DVD market. With a budget lower than an episode of Coronation street it was never going to be any good, and so proves it within the first 10 minutes after seeing the monster. The thing looks like something off of Blue Peter.

• Apr 11, 2016

This whole movie feels like an open letter to young film makers out there of what not to do when making a movie.

• Apr 09, 2016

"Storage 24" is infamously the lowest grossing American theatrical release of all time, bringing in a whopping $72 before being released on DVD. In the movie's defense, it did gross over $600,000 worldwide; still, it's pretty hilarious that its entire American profit was $72 earned in a singular theater. Outside of its infamous statistic, "Storage 24" is a formulaic horror film that falls somewhere between a big-budget and low-budget film. Its storage facility setting is unique and it is fairly easy to buy into the farfetched plot. Even though it has a few unique aspects, it also has the stereotypical undeveloped characters who are picked off one by one with only a few standing at the end. In this particular instance, we don't care about what happens to the characters. We just care about the answer to the mystery... which we never actually get. I did like the ending but it feels incomplete without a few explanations. Outside of the story, the CGI definitely exceeded my expectations. When I heard the previously mentioned box office statistic, I was absolutely anticipating a film of "Birdemic" proportions. In actuality, the film was made on a decent budget. It just seems that the budget was spent on special effects instead of being invested in assembling a team of quality actors and writers. "Storage 24" is honestly an okay scary movie. Its story won't blow your mind and its actors leave something to be desired, but it successfully builds suspense in a unique setting with a cool-looking villain. This one is acceptable for horror fans that are looking for something different.

• Nov 06, 2015

Lower budget, and some of the acting shows this, but as a situational horror it works and the alien looks decent too.

• Sep 18, 2015

Risible bug hunt that comes off like a cut-price Aliens, with fireworks for flame throwers.

• Mar 27, 2015

(11%) A bottom of the pile cheapo monster flick that somehow, for reasons beyond all logic, got a pretty wide UK cinematic release. This truly belongs within a cinema screening as much as a loose fully grown tiger belongs in a busy shopping centre. The plot here is lame and unoriginal, the monster/alien is largely an actual practical effect, not a badly formed CGI creature, but it's on screen far too little, as way too much of the focus is on the dull characters and their TV soap likened side-plot. This isn't good enough to be worth a look for anyone, but the fact that this ever saw the inside of a multiplex is borderline criminal.