Superman III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman III Reviews

May 20, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love ol' Richard, but he is like, 80% of the movie. Plus, the special effects are BAD. Like, REALLY BAD.
½ May 9, 2017
This was more of a Richard Pryor comedy than a Superman movie which isn't necessarily bad.
April 29, 2017
Let's just start off an a nice note in saying that this is one of the worst movies ever put into production. I wasted an hour and a half of my life watching this train-wreck of a movie. This movie is the Batman and Robin of the Superman franchise, which has never been the same since this nightmare. Although Christopher Reeves doesn't do a bad job as Superman, nothing else was even average in this movie. The villain was absolutely horrible. Wouldn't you think that Superman of all people could defeat a computer hacker pretty easily. Ever since seeing this movie I have never been able to think of Superman the same way. I bet even Aquaman could defeat the villain in this movie. The opening scene was so bad that I almost cried to think of what could follow. The entire movie was awful and truly was the death of the Superman movie franchise.

1.5/10
April 27, 2017
guilty pleasure from childhood loved the fight between clark and superman the sequence was good but we all new from the start that the films were going to be a slap stick mess
April 17, 2017
There are some genuinely great moments in this movie and certainly much fun to be had. However, it's contrasting tones, wackier plot contrivances and some cheaper looking effects make it a definite step down and less believable than the first two movies.
½ March 20, 2017
Superman III is largely boring as the majority of the film finds Reeves as just Clark or a depressed Superman. Kidder is pushed to the side, and O'Toole is a decent replacement but lacks a great story - as do the villains.
March 16, 2017
Story was bad, but I liked it anyway!
March 15, 2017
I have to give it three stars because I really enjoyed this as a kid and it was good to watch it again, but boy did this movie suck. I'll always enjoy Reeve's Clark Kent and seeing him in the costume will always make me feel like a kid again. 3/5
March 2, 2017
A solid sequel that's better than the poor excuse for a movie that followed it.
January 18, 2017
a lot better then people give it credit for but compared to the first two it's not very good
January 12, 2017
Not that bad, very campy
December 26, 2016
Boring fusion of unnecessary slapstick and lack of consistency
December 25, 2016
Richard Pryor is a computer nerd who inspires the scheme in Office Space. Definitely more adult in message as Superman becomes one bad hombre. This film contained one of the first scenes which terrified me as a child (the end when the computer turned the bull-dyke into a cyborg). This sequel is actually a bit more high-concept than it is given credit as Superman faces himself in an all-out schizophrenic battle. I never think of this as a Richard Pryor film, per se, but this may one of his best. The funnest of the bunch.
½ December 1, 2016
,¢,,¦uâ¦...
½ October 19, 2016
Terrible sequel. What a hugh let down after it's brilliant predecessors.

3/10 - Garbage
½ September 26, 2016
Pryor's character was not needed in this movie script. Without that it could have been a half decent script. The highlight is Superman v Clark Kent legendary scene.
September 23, 2016
This is where Superman officially became ridiculous. He's been ridiculous in the past but this is where it's confirmed.
September 11, 2016
Richard Pryor makes Kryptonite laced with cigarette additives that turn Superman into a jerk. That's about it. Pryor also building a supercomputer that Supermen ends up having to fight in the end. Although Reeve did make one more Superman film, I think this third entry was the real death knell for the series. As a kid, there were two scenes that stuck out for me about his movie. One, when the Bad-Superman with a Don Jonson five o'clock shadow sits at a bar flicking peanuts at liquor bottles, smashing them. And two, super villain Robert Vaughan's alpine ski slope on the roof of his skyscraper. I'd completely blocked out the ill-conceived metaphysical fight that Bad-Superman has in a junkyard with Good-Clark Kent. I'd also forgotten about the ridiculous climactic battle between Superman and Pryor's evil super computer. The Cannon Pictures sequel is what I remember being the worst in this series, but now I"m not so sure. I am a bit curious what this film might have been when I read on IMDB that the character of Mister Mxyzptlk was originally going to be in the film with Dudley Moore in the role.
August 30, 2016
It was ok but the lame humor killed it. Thank goodness for Reeves perfomance as Superman.