Superman III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman III Reviews

½ March 20, 2017
Superman III is largely boring as the majority of the film finds Reeves as just Clark or a depressed Superman. Kidder is pushed to the side, and O'Toole is a decent replacement but lacks a great story - as do the villains.
March 16, 2017
Story was bad, but I liked it anyway!
March 15, 2017
I have to give it three stars because I really enjoyed this as a kid and it was good to watch it again, but boy did this movie suck. I'll always enjoy Reeve's Clark Kent and seeing him in the costume will always make me feel like a kid again. 3/5
March 2, 2017
A solid sequel that's better than the poor excuse for a movie that followed it.
January 18, 2017
a lot better then people give it credit for but compared to the first two it's not very good
January 12, 2017
Not that bad, very campy
December 26, 2016
Boring fusion of unnecessary slapstick and lack of consistency
December 25, 2016
Richard Pryor is a computer nerd who inspires the scheme in Office Space. Definitely more adult in message as Superman becomes one bad hombre. This film contained one of the first scenes which terrified me as a child (the end when the computer turned the bull-dyke into a cyborg). This sequel is actually a bit more high-concept than it is given credit as Superman faces himself in an all-out schizophrenic battle. I never think of this as a Richard Pryor film, per se, but this may one of his best. The funnest of the bunch.
½ December 1, 2016
,¢,,¦uâ¦...
½ October 19, 2016
Terrible sequel. What a hugh let down after it's brilliant predecessors.

3/10 - Garbage
½ September 26, 2016
Pryor's character was not needed in this movie script. Without that it could have been a half decent script. The highlight is Superman v Clark Kent legendary scene.
September 23, 2016
This is where Superman officially became ridiculous. He's been ridiculous in the past but this is where it's confirmed.
September 11, 2016
Richard Pryor makes Kryptonite laced with cigarette additives that turn Superman into a jerk. That's about it. Pryor also building a supercomputer that Supermen ends up having to fight in the end. Although Reeve did make one more Superman film, I think this third entry was the real death knell for the series. As a kid, there were two scenes that stuck out for me about his movie. One, when the Bad-Superman with a Don Jonson five o'clock shadow sits at a bar flicking peanuts at liquor bottles, smashing them. And two, super villain Robert Vaughan's alpine ski slope on the roof of his skyscraper. I'd completely blocked out the ill-conceived metaphysical fight that Bad-Superman has in a junkyard with Good-Clark Kent. I'd also forgotten about the ridiculous climactic battle between Superman and Pryor's evil super computer. The Cannon Pictures sequel is what I remember being the worst in this series, but now I"m not so sure. I am a bit curious what this film might have been when I read on IMDB that the character of Mister Mxyzptlk was originally going to be in the film with Dudley Moore in the role.
August 30, 2016
It was ok but the lame humor killed it. Thank goodness for Reeves perfomance as Superman.
July 11, 2016
Less Adventure and Action , more humor instead . Oke not unforgattable ...SOMDVD
½ July 7, 2016
this movie in one word "crap" with poor acting and writing i hate this movie superman IV is known as the worst superman movie and if you look at what a movie needs to be good yes it is the worse but at least i can enjoy watching that movie because how bad it is this is just a so bad its bad movies and the worst part is by far Richard Pryor his acting is the worst in this movie and lex luther as the villian is getting way to over done overall one of the worst movies i have ever seen
June 29, 2016
This film is not good: it loses all of the charm of the original by having superman turn bad halfway through. The comedy is incredibly underwhelming, and I don't really understand why Richard Pryor isn't funny. The story is rehashed, and the villains are just Lex's gang two. The effects are somehow worse than the first one, and this film is the perfect definition of jumping the shark. However I still enjoyed it. It really well reflects the silver age superman, and is the most comic book like comic book movie i've ever seen, and Lana Lang is a far more interesting character than lois lane. Anyway, the worst is yet to come.
½ June 21, 2016
Richard Lester continued his quest to drag this franchise into the ground. From the changes he made to the ultimately theatrical release of Superman II and this film, it's pretty sad. This film shows a synthetic kryptonite laced with tobacco tar, splitting Superman in two: a good Clark Kent and a bad Superman. This leads to a showdown between the two in a junk yard. This "split personality" story was really lost on me. It was interesting to see what an "evil Superman" might do, but I still didn't like it. The opening sequence was also laughable, but in a very bad way. Pryor served up some comic relief as a computer programmer that gets in with the wrong crowd but doesn't save this film. When Joel Schumacher got the Batman franchise gig, I'm pretty sure he called Richard Lester for some tips.
½ May 26, 2016
Not the best or the best known of the Superman series, but Richard Pryor puts in a fine appearance as the baaaadest boy ever to come out of Peoria.