Taxi Driver - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taxi Driver Reviews

August 14, 2017
It's still one of the most astonishing films about the seedy underbelly of urban life, which depicts the city of New York as ugly, night and day, but never loses sight of its character study, that's always pessimistic in its societal observations.
August 7, 2017
Robert De Niro strikes again with another classic performance, the story by Paul Schrader was brilliant, Albert brooks also gave a short and good performance, but it is not as good as The Godfather
July 21, 2017
Taxi Driver is a masterpiece. Taxi Driver is disturbing and is filled with loneliness and violence. De Niro's performance as Travis Bickle is one of the best performances of all time. It has amazing cinematography and a great score. The ending of this movie is incredible and is open to your interpretation. This film is very powerful. One of the greatest character studies of all time. Scorsese and De Niro created one of the most iconic characters of all time in Travis Bickle.
July 21, 2017
Desolate, opaque and brutal, brings out the kind of disturbed, perverse America that is hidden, waiting to be unleashed.
July 17, 2017
Scorsese at his most ambitious. Perhaps one of the few "serious" Oscar-nominated films that dares to be literature; dares to be analyzed objectively, and not heavy-handedly making a point. The amorality, tragic objectivity does make it a cold almost emotionally vacant film, but with so many iconic alpha-male moments it has shoved its way into Hollywood culture.
July 9, 2017
Scorsese's direction combined with De Niro's performance cause a masterpiece exploring the seediness of 1970s New York to be created.
July 4, 2017
Scorcese creates one of the most unique and interesting characters in cinema history: Travis Bickle, the Taxi Driver, whose perspective of the world around him is as disturbing as it is fascinating.
July 1, 2017
One of the best films ever made.
June 30, 2017
No matter what your favorite Robert De Niro or Martin Scorsese actually is, Taxi Driver continues to fill film conversations to this day, remaining relevant while solidifying its place as a classic.
½ June 30, 2017
Travis Bickle (Rodert De Niro) is easily one of the creepiest and most awkward protagonists in movie history. Watching De Niro's interactions with the other characters in this movie is both mesmerizing and terrifying, and it had me genuinely nervous at times (particulalry his interactions with the characters portrayed by Albert Brooks and Cybill Shepherd). The only problem I have with this movie was the last scene, which was far too unrealistic. Regardless, this movie is a must-see for all true movie buffs.
½ June 25, 2017
The film of the most famous New York taxi driver in film directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert De Niro, Jodie Foester and Harvey Keitel when they were sooo young! It is a good story and a jewel of film history!
June 18, 2017
"I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the fuckin' toilet" De Niro's performance is amazing, and really puts the edge on this dark film.
June 17, 2017
one of the greatest movies of all time with one of the best de niro perfomances ever with great directing from scorsese and with jodie fosters one of her first perfomances who is great in the movie and one of the greates scenes in film history which de niro improvised on set with a great story directing and acting from everyone
June 16, 2017
Inspired me to take up driving jobes and inspired me to start Kev's Cabs! Ask me mirror if its talking to me everyday now before I go out in the taxi! How mad is that?!
May 22, 2017
Amazing performance by Robert De Niro and Jodie Foster, the movie has a confused lonely feeling that really sets the mood it needs to set for the story to be told how it needed to be told. Excellent Scorsese movie.
May 22, 2017
The film has never looked better than the 40th anniversary blu-ray.
May 20, 2017
Robert De Niro's portrayal of a man's psychological and moral slide is truly disturbing, and Scorcese's touch is masterful. If you're at all interested in filmmaking, this is one to watch. It shows a supremely talented actor, and a genuine master of the cinematic art at their absolute best, and it really is something to behold. Fantastic.
May 13, 2017
"Taxi Driver" is born and lit as a defiant portrait in which humor, abhorrence and clemency are mixed in an unprecedented cinematic composition whose authenticity is sustained as an essential and unshakable psychological study of how a young individual finds Its place in an equally sick world, of which de Niro evokes a decent and decisive being that positions this one like a polished and impeccable example that will continue to be part of the maximums of the cinema. 99/100
May 2, 2017
Are you talking to me? I'm the only one here go ahead make my day.
April 30, 2017
Very very well done a masterpiece and legendary must see film for all who have not yet seen it you guys will love this film by Martin Scorsese