Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny Reviews

March 27, 2017
The film is very fun, but is also pretty dumb at points. Luckily, it's also very bizarre and I did laugh pretty hard at a few parts. I really enjoyed it.
March 9, 2017
Probably my favourite comedy/musical movie along with Popstar:Never stop never stopping.
March 1, 2017
How can anyone not give this movie five stars? Its a metal-comedic masterpiece!
February 28, 2017
I'm a huge Tenacious D fan, I love this film. That's my review.

"You are the Devil, we are the D!"
January 20, 2017
One of my favorite films. So funny
January 10, 2017
3/5. Funny and very strange.
½ November 20, 2016
This movie had such wasted potential. Still, as a Tenacious D fan, I enjoyed it a bit.
September 17, 2016
Tenacious D is about two aspiring musicians who go on a short trip to look for the pick of destiny starring Jack Black and an assemble of supporting stars like Amy Poehler, Tim Robbins, Colin Hanks and Ben Stiller. It had its funny moments but overall it was very absurd and not intended for the young audience. By the end of the movie you realize the whole story was thought out as they smoked weed. Skip this one, not worth your time.
½ September 13, 2016
I enjoy the lyrical wit of Tenacious D and was hoping for a hilarious movie full of this sinister wit and charm. Instead, it's a burn-out lovers paradise- smoking weed, trippy sequences, the pranks & jokes are are simple as the plot. Nothing truly mind-blowing here (as they sing about). The cameos are the best part. See if you can find Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters). Ben Stiller was also surprisingly excellent. Rating: 5 / 10
½ September 3, 2016
What a crude, vulgar, hilarious movie. It starts with a cartoon segment of the two main characters creating the sound company's logo out of their own farts.... Yes. Intrigued yet? This is a musical like nothing else before it. So clever yet so stupid. So dumb yet so watchable. The songs are complete non-sense but you'll be humming and singing the words for days. Jack Black and Kyle Gass have amazing chemistry, partially because they are playing a more exaggerated version of themselves. The music is great, the jokes are so dumb they are hilarious, it is a perfect love letter to rock music!
September 2, 2016
People who hate on this movie probably take everything too seriously. Perfect for what it is. Hilarious and unique . Perfect
August 20, 2016
The greatest fucking movie there is. Fuck these critics. They ain't know shit.
August 2, 2016
This is not the greatest film in the world, no. This is just the tribute.
July 22, 2016
7/22/2016: Pretty bad.
½ June 18, 2016
Brilliant writing! I don't really like Jack Black much except for anything Tenacious D! This movie is hilarious, with great songs! I would highly recommend watching this if you're a fan of comedy, music, or both!
½ June 5, 2016
100101: Jesus Christ Superstar meets Jack Black. Appreciate some of the metal references but not enough laughs to keep me interested. Call me getting old but the word f**k is used too many times.
½ May 31, 2016
rock fans will love!!!!
½ May 27, 2016
Pretty funny. Definitely worth a watch if you like the over the top, silly humor of an R rated Jack Black. I wish he would do more movies like this.
½ May 2, 2016
I'm a fan of the music, so this was gold for me. And who could forget Dave Grohl as Satan!
April 22, 2016
This movie is absolutely hilarious. The music is great as well. A must see