Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny Reviews

September 17, 2016
Tenacious D is about two aspiring musicians who go on a short trip to look for the pick of destiny starring Jack Black and an assemble of supporting stars like Amy Poehler, Tim Robbins, Colin Hanks and Ben Stiller. It had its funny moments but overall it was very absurd and not intended for the young audience. By the end of the movie you realize the whole story was thought out as they smoked weed. Skip this one, not worth your time.
½ September 13, 2016
I enjoy the lyrical wit of Tenacious D and was hoping for a hilarious movie full of this sinister wit and charm. Instead, it's a burn-out lovers paradise- smoking weed, trippy sequences, the pranks & jokes are are simple as the plot. Nothing truly mind-blowing here (as they sing about). The cameos are the best part. See if you can find Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters). Ben Stiller was also surprisingly excellent. Rating: 5 / 10
½ September 3, 2016
What a crude, vulgar, hilarious movie. It starts with a cartoon segment of the two main characters creating the sound company's logo out of their own farts.... Yes. Intrigued yet? This is a musical like nothing else before it. So clever yet so stupid. So dumb yet so watchable. The songs are complete non-sense but you'll be humming and singing the words for days. Jack Black and Kyle Gass have amazing chemistry, partially because they are playing a more exaggerated version of themselves. The music is great, the jokes are so dumb they are hilarious, it is a perfect love letter to rock music!
September 2, 2016
People who hate on this movie probably take everything too seriously. Perfect for what it is. Hilarious and unique . Perfect
August 20, 2016
The greatest fucking movie there is. Fuck these critics. They ain't know shit.
August 2, 2016
This is not the greatest film in the world, no. This is just the tribute.
July 22, 2016
7/22/2016: Pretty bad.
½ June 18, 2016
Brilliant writing! I don't really like Jack Black much except for anything Tenacious D! This movie is hilarious, with great songs! I would highly recommend watching this if you're a fan of comedy, music, or both!
½ June 5, 2016
100101: Jesus Christ Superstar meets Jack Black. Appreciate some of the metal references but not enough laughs to keep me interested. Call me getting old but the word f**k is used too many times.
½ May 31, 2016
rock fans will love!!!!
½ May 27, 2016
Pretty funny. Definitely worth a watch if you like the over the top, silly humor of an R rated Jack Black. I wish he would do more movies like this.
½ May 2, 2016
I'm a fan of the music, so this was gold for me. And who could forget Dave Grohl as Satan!
April 22, 2016
This movie is absolutely hilarious. The music is great as well. A must see
April 2, 2016
You have to be on something to watch this movie!
March 21, 2016
Epic rock opera wrapped in the comfy blanket of an outlandish comedy.
March 11, 2016
All I have to say is, The D will forever be the greatest duo since Jack Black and Kyle Gass in whatever they were doing together before this. Long live The D!
½ January 19, 2016
Haha, it was very funny, and I could tell this was all Jack Blacks sense of humour. It was so dirty and inappropriately funny. The language was so creative, you just had to give it some credit. The idea of rock and roll mixed with Satan was good. The history of the pick was so retarded it was funny. I loved this movie.
½ October 31, 2015
Ridiculous but better than I expected.
October 26, 2015
Even to a die-hard D fan, this is a little too cheesy, but I would still rewatch it a million times.
October 20, 2015
Tenacious D is hilarious, musically astute, and goofy enough to entertain most viewers with its unique bombast.