Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny Reviews

June 19, 2017
As a huge Tenacious D fan I adore this film for it's comic genius, light-hatted self-deprecation and wonderful array of Cameo's. Plus the best "god is in our hearts" parody speech I've seen in a a film.
April 20, 2017
Awesome super funny just amazing I applaud this bold piece of wrtwork
April 14, 2017
The main characters are awesome in their own right, but never manage to go in the right direction or far enough.
April 6, 2017
While I do enjoy listening to Tenacious D's albums, The Pick of Destiny movie is a bit hit or miss for me. While a good amount of the comedy hits in the right way, some bits can be a bit too over the top. Over the top fits for people that are fans of the band and their music, but maybe not for an average moviegoer. Personally I enjoy this movie for what it is and think the majority is quite hilarious.
April 4, 2017
This movie is a god damn classic now, future generations will come to realize how underrated this masterpiece is. Jack Black and Kyle Gas are an amazing duo. The songs are hilarious and the characters are gnarly.
March 27, 2017
The film is very fun, but is also pretty dumb at points. Luckily, it's also very bizarre and I did laugh pretty hard at a few parts. I really enjoyed it.
March 9, 2017
Probably my favourite comedy/musical movie along with Popstar:Never stop never stopping.
March 1, 2017
How can anyone not give this movie five stars? Its a metal-comedic masterpiece!
February 28, 2017
I'm a huge Tenacious D fan, I love this film. That's my review.

"You are the Devil, we are the D!"
January 20, 2017
One of my favorite films. So funny
January 10, 2017
3/5. Funny and very strange.
½ November 20, 2016
This movie had such wasted potential. Still, as a Tenacious D fan, I enjoyed it a bit.
September 17, 2016
Tenacious D is about two aspiring musicians who go on a short trip to look for the pick of destiny starring Jack Black and an assemble of supporting stars like Amy Poehler, Tim Robbins, Colin Hanks and Ben Stiller. It had its funny moments but overall it was very absurd and not intended for the young audience. By the end of the movie you realize the whole story was thought out as they smoked weed. Skip this one, not worth your time.
½ September 13, 2016
I enjoy the lyrical wit of Tenacious D and was hoping for a hilarious movie full of this sinister wit and charm. Instead, it's a burn-out lovers paradise- smoking weed, trippy sequences, the pranks & jokes are are simple as the plot. Nothing truly mind-blowing here (as they sing about). The cameos are the best part. See if you can find Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters). Ben Stiller was also surprisingly excellent. Rating: 5 / 10
½ September 3, 2016
What a crude, vulgar, hilarious movie. It starts with a cartoon segment of the two main characters creating the sound company's logo out of their own farts.... Yes. Intrigued yet? This is a musical like nothing else before it. So clever yet so stupid. So dumb yet so watchable. The songs are complete non-sense but you'll be humming and singing the words for days. Jack Black and Kyle Gass have amazing chemistry, partially because they are playing a more exaggerated version of themselves. The music is great, the jokes are so dumb they are hilarious, it is a perfect love letter to rock music!
September 2, 2016
People who hate on this movie probably take everything too seriously. Perfect for what it is. Hilarious and unique . Perfect
August 20, 2016
The greatest fucking movie there is. Fuck these critics. They ain't know shit.
August 2, 2016
This is not the greatest film in the world, no. This is just the tribute.
July 22, 2016
7/22/2016: Pretty bad.
½ June 18, 2016
Brilliant writing! I don't really like Jack Black much except for anything Tenacious D! This movie is hilarious, with great songs! I would highly recommend watching this if you're a fan of comedy, music, or both!