Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2005
November 18, 2017
I don't understand why this film was slated as it was post apocalyptic earth after Skynet took over. The terminator franchise isn't Arnold. It's bigger. I found this take great with Sam Worthington as the protagonist in this version. I agree the script was a little weak but overall I found this version enjoyable. Good action scenes and some wow factors in the plots. Shame they didn't make a second installment.
½ November 15, 2017
Two solid action scenes can't save the rest of the movie from being very bland.
½ November 2, 2017
The action and effects are strong, but Terminator Salvation's PG-13 rating takes away a lot of the action's brutal fun. The acting is just okay, and the story is actually pretty good. Unfortunately, the CGI Arnold Terminator is kind of embarrassing, making this an inadequate sequel in the series.
October 23, 2017
Terminator Salvation: Full of action and special effects but lacks the heart of the orignal installments.
October 20, 2017
Great acting, strong cast and satisfying dystopian near future tie in to the original Terminator movies. Deserves a much higher rating.
½ September 26, 2017
More action and less plot.
September 3, 2017
I thought Terminator: Salvation was a good one. The actor and adventure is good. It is a good one in the Terminator Franchise.
September 3, 2017
The biggest plot flaw ever! So riddle me this Batman If I kill Kyle Reese there can be no John Conner. So please tell me why when Kyle Reese was captured by the machines and his ID was confirmed why was he not killed instantly! Why was he allowed to live! There was no need then to trap or hunt down John Conner just one bullet to the head to Reese and it was over! Plain and simple!!!!
½ August 28, 2017
A very good addition to the series, better than the 3rd. Full of near non-stop action through out. A whole new range of terminators are on show and there are some great SFX/ action scenes. Some might not like the plot as it does differ from the first 3 where the action is pretty much one on one. This is very much a full on war. Go see it.
½ August 22, 2017
The plot is extremely simple as there is just special effects and shooting with the filmmakers showing true laziness to even put in a good script of dialogue other than "AAAH!!" and "Hang on!" - the absence of Schwarzenegger and the true heart of Terminator 1 and 2 that had memorable script writing ("Hasta la vista baby", "I'll be back" "No fate"). Terminator should not be downgraded from James Cameron to whoever was too lazy and impatient to just make a 2-hour presentation of what James Cameron knows should only have been 2 minutes.
½ August 18, 2017
I absolutely adore this movie. It has some flaws but was jam packed with amazingness. great continuation of the storyline with great new innovations to the terminators. Christian Bale elevates this movie to a different level. lots of amazing scenes directed beautifully. awesome action and intense scenes throughout (4 viewings)
½ August 5, 2017
A better than expected adventure set within the active Skynet time period. A welcome cameo from the original bad Arnold terminator, but just poorly executed with sub-par CGI de-aging.
½ July 25, 2017
Grab your rosary beads and beg for salvation (and possibly a refund).
July 19, 2017
The plot is a bit confusing, but it still manages to provide a great amount of action, which sadly suffers from unforgettable characters, barely any violence, and an overall boring plot. Slightly recommended
½ July 18, 2017
This movie sucks ass
July 11, 2017
Good film just goes over the top and a nice cameo from Arnold
July 5, 2017
boring action thoughout. terniamtors never feel threatning. arnold whatever his last name is is not even here. awful movie. Worst in the franchise.
July 3, 2017
Action pack Start to Finish, great CGI! Hell ya
½ June 25, 2017
okay story line, shitty acting. reminds me of some religious wannabe drama. i mean you are scared for ur life and you are smiling like its fun? Removing arnold from the franchise was a terrible mistake because this terminator 4 is a joke
½ June 22, 2017
Such a disappointment. That is what i really want to say. And that is it.
Page 1 of 2005