Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2004
½ January 14, 2017
T4/T-Salvation, isn't so great. Yeah, it still had those great effects and action-packed storyline, but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the movies. It was still interesting to watch; as new Terminator films always boost my mind.
January 12, 2017
Kinda had fun seeing this back in the theater six years ago, but for the film itself, a total waste of potential! Just tell me why there was another military commander who tried to treat the "leader" of the resistance, John Conner, like he wasn't the guy who was in charge!? What!? There wasn't enough conflict in order to drive this story forward!? Even the models, and real for real shots weren't enough to make this film salvageable! And why was Bryce Dallas Howard portrayed as John Connor's wife? Completely pointless!
½ January 11, 2017
Utterly disappointing. This film is a big example how ridiculous the series got. I honestly appreciate this film more then the 3rd. It tried to do something original, it had a great cast, and sleek visuals & practical effects but the film fails and lands on the spot mediocrity do to a bland and convoluted story.
½ January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 6, 2017
Christian Bale did his best trying to get this film out of the trash container.
½ December 25, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie as a terminator fan. I don't disagree often with audience scores but I thought this was a great post apocalyptic flick
December 23, 2016
This pointless sci-fi action war film doesn't add anything new to the universe of the series but is neither an embarrassment. In fact, the only thing that makes up for its sheer inconsistencies and lack of emotional resonance is Sam Worthington's complex character.
December 23, 2016
This one just feels too dark for me and that's part of the storyline, but was easy to lose concentration and is worlds apart from the first two
December 18, 2016
Pretty good. The story won't knock your socks off but the action will. There seems to be a trend now were movies franchises that were rated R in previous interations are now going PG-13 (Die Hard) and I don't like it. Makes them seemed toned down.
½ November 24, 2016
This movie is just meh, not good, not bad, just meh.
November 22, 2016
The critics were smoking crystal meth when they low scored this! Excellent movie! Four stars hands down! Christian Bale nailed it! Action with a brilliant plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat guessing and take you by surprise at the very end! Go see it!
November 21, 2016
McG is high on my list of the most horrible directors in existence. This movie wasn't awful. I thought it had a lot of great ideas in it, but I also think that if anyone other than McG was directing it could have been a mega hit. I still liked it more than most people seemed to, but it is nowhere near as good as any of the previous entries. Seriously McG, you and me are done professionally. ;)
November 20, 2016
This whole movie is a hit and miss... it provides a much needed insight into John Conner's story as a leader but the whole thing just feels weightless. Gotta give them credit for using practical effects where they are used.

C+
½ September 8, 2016
The plot is extremely simple as there is just special effects and shooting with the filmmakers showing true laziness to even put in a good script of dialogue other than "AAAH!!" and "Hang on!" - the absence of Schwarzenegger and the true heart of Terminator 1 and 2 that had memorable script writing ("Hasta la vista baby", "I'll be back" "No fate"). Terminator should not be downgraded from James Cameron to whoever was too lazy and impatient to just make a 2-hour presentation of what James Cameron knows should only have been 2 minutes.
September 8, 2016
A very underrated film, because it's post apocalyptic I think the audience would rather watch the first two however, which is why it got bad reviews. The first two had a modern presence to it at the time of their release. Terminator Salvation delves deeper into the sci fi fantasy realm which gives a different aspect that viewers aren't as used to, throwing them off a bit. I loved the new aspect and Christian Bale did a fantastic job as John Connor.
August 31, 2016
Love the Terminator series, Terminator Salvation is my favorite!
August 19, 2016
The right direction for the franchise to go, it just needed a bit more heart. I still very much enjoyed the characters and the story. I would have liked to see Sam's character continue. He could have taken to the franchise in a new direction with a character having great dynamics.

The Conner helicopter dive was a bit ridiculous.
August 18, 2016
The future that the movie represents is great but the characters and the plot are just... ergh
½ August 15, 2016
I enjoy all the terminator movies but this one would have to be my least favorite. It just wasn't the same without Arnold and that CGI Arnold was ugly. The plot was still good i still recommend seeing it because its not that bad of a movie.
Page 1 of 2004