Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2005
July 19, 2017
The plot is a bit confusing, but it still manages to provide a great amount of action, which sadly suffers from unforgettable characters, barely any violence, and an overall boring plot. Slightly recommended
½ July 18, 2017
This movie sucks ass
July 11, 2017
Good film just goes over the top and a nice cameo from Arnold
July 5, 2017
boring action thoughout. terniamtors never feel threatning. arnold whatever his last name is is not even here. awful movie. Worst in the franchise.
July 3, 2017
Action pack Start to Finish, great CGI! Hell ya
½ June 25, 2017
okay story line, shitty acting. reminds me of some religious wannabe drama. i mean you are scared for ur life and you are smiling like its fun? Removing arnold from the franchise was a terrible mistake because this terminator 4 is a joke
½ June 22, 2017
Such a disappointment. That is what i really want to say. And that is it.
June 11, 2017
I actually found this pretty entertaining. I was expecting more but I sort of got what I paid for. The plot isn't great and can get a little confusing with the other movies but it didn't bother me too much. The special effects looked outstanding and the action sequences were awesome. This was definitely better than Terminator 3 in my opinion. I liked Christian Bale as John Connor. I think he did a pretty good job with the character. Overall I'd say this was a decent terminator movie, no where near as good as the first two but it didn't really disappoint me. B
May 31, 2017
While not as coherent or profound as the originals, Salvation still provides some good Terminator action.
May 27, 2017
This is the worst of the terminator films. It has almost no action and the story wasn't nearly as interesting and the stakes didn't feel as high. The film almost makes you wish the machines has won the war.
½ May 22, 2017
People bitch about the third one and, to be fair, it was pointless and lame. The only difference was that it was a million times more watchable than this drek.

How is it possible that a TERMINATOR movie can be so boring?!

I'd rather watch the fish tank down at Leo's Pet Store than this contrived claptrap.

Pure dog shit.
May 5, 2017
CGI Arnold was the only good thing about this film, total waste.
April 18, 2017
Meh. Pretty fun at times. Extremely pointless though. Doesn't add anything new.
April 9, 2017
Before you see this movie...

Let's be frank, here. The original Terminator film was meant to be a violent action/suspense film with appealing innovative sci-fi elements (time-traveling cyborgs and whatnot) coupled with some humor to lighten it up a tad. It was new at the time, awesome and compelling and became a classic.

This film has it harder than the others. The truth? This shouldn't be seen as the fourth movie at all. This is the first movie in a completely different setting: the future. This is about a VERY BLEAK PERIOD, lacking humor and hope, where everyday is a battle to live. People wanting another T1 or T2 aren't being realistic. This film is about humanity trying to retain what makes them human, and seeing in a battle-scarred John Connor, his optimistic teenage father-to-be and young mute accomplice, a compassionate female pilot, and a once-human machine WHY humanity is worth saving. This is nothing like the other movies for a reason and shouldn't be compared to them. If you sit through it and nitpick you're obviously wasting your time and money. To all the harsh critics I say this: SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF DOES WONDERS. JUST ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

Terminator fans like myself will embrace it depending on how comfortable they are with the future becoming the one the characters were all trying to prevent in the last three movies. "Fate is what we make" is clearly what John can and will do in this war. The previous films just ensured his survival to get to this point.

I have to judge Salvation with an open mind--it is NOT about one Terminator trying to kill Sarah Connor or John Connor and one person/machine trying to protect them (that plotline, while now classic in T1 and T2, has run its course.) All in all I like it as well as any of the other Terminator movies--especially with strong performances from Bale, Worthington, and Yelchin--all playing likable characters with developed personalities.
April 8, 2017
Terrible terrible movie
April 1, 2017
it was a good movie for the franchise.
February 20, 2017
Novel idea, but it's just a very dull followup to the series and does little to advance the plot and be at all enjoyable.
½ February 10, 2017
Fucking Lame Sauce, John Connor Gets Human Terminator Heart....!!!
January 26, 2017
Story might move slowly, however do not be distracted by it as the action and visuals from this movie are great and definetly gives the feel of the first 3 terminator movies
½ January 22, 2017
this was boring as ####! it's dog ####! do not watch thia movie( F-)
Page 1 of 2005