Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2004
April 18, 2017
Meh. Pretty fun at times. Extremely pointless though. Doesn't add anything new.
April 9, 2017
Before you see this movie...

Let's be frank, here. The original Terminator film was meant to be a violent action/suspense film with appealing innovative sci-fi elements (time-traveling cyborgs and whatnot) coupled with some humor to lighten it up a tad. It was new at the time, awesome and compelling and became a classic.

This film has it harder than the others. The truth? This shouldn't be seen as the fourth movie at all. This is the first movie in a completely different setting: the future. This is about a VERY BLEAK PERIOD, lacking humor and hope, where everyday is a battle to live. People wanting another T1 or T2 aren't being realistic. This film is about humanity trying to retain what makes them human, and seeing in a battle-scarred John Connor, his optimistic teenage father-to-be and young mute accomplice, a compassionate female pilot, and a once-human machine WHY humanity is worth saving. This is nothing like the other movies for a reason and shouldn't be compared to them. If you sit through it and nitpick you're obviously wasting your time and money. To all the harsh critics I say this: SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF DOES WONDERS. JUST ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

Terminator fans like myself will embrace it depending on how comfortable they are with the future becoming the one the characters were all trying to prevent in the last three movies. "Fate is what we make" is clearly what John can and will do in this war. The previous films just ensured his survival to get to this point.

I have to judge Salvation with an open mind--it is NOT about one Terminator trying to kill Sarah Connor or John Connor and one person/machine trying to protect them (that plotline, while now classic in T1 and T2, has run its course.) All in all I like it as well as any of the other Terminator movies--especially with strong performances from Bale, Worthington, and Yelchin--all playing likable characters with developed personalities.
April 8, 2017
Terrible terrible movie
April 1, 2017
it was a good movie for the franchise.
February 20, 2017
Novel idea, but it's just a very dull followup to the series and does little to advance the plot and be at all enjoyable.
½ February 10, 2017
Fucking Lame Sauce, John Connor Gets Human Terminator Heart....!!!
January 26, 2017
Story might move slowly, however do not be distracted by it as the action and visuals from this movie are great and definetly gives the feel of the first 3 terminator movies
½ January 22, 2017
this was boring as ####! it's dog ####! do not watch thia movie( F-)
January 21, 2017
Enjoyed it! Good fighting scenes not too deep. Fun.
January 17, 2017
I don't know how this movie would be for someone who hasn't seen any of the other ones. I think I'd be lost. As a thrill ride, Terminator Salvation delivers, with awesome spectacle and intense action, as well as some nice narrative tie-ins to the original trilogy (I especially liked young Kyle Reese). It effectively captures the post-apocalyptic world hinted at in the original three. That said, I feel that the Director's cut, said to contain 20 minutes of cut material, will do much to flesh out the story and characters and give the film more of the emotional weight that gave James Cameron's first two films such surprising punch.

Christian Bale effectively makes an awesome G.I. Joe, but the character of John Conner has such dramatic potential that it's sad to see him so underwritten here. Bale is more than equal to the task as an actor if given the screenplay (forget Batman, if you want to see this man really act, watch his incredibly nuanced performance as the meek and humble rancher of quiet integrity in 3:10 to Yuma). Still, even with the plot holes and lost potential, this is a fun night at the movies.
½ January 14, 2017
T4/T-Salvation, isn't so great. Yeah, it still had those great effects and action-packed storyline, but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the movies. It was still interesting to watch; as new Terminator films always boost my mind.
January 12, 2017
Kinda had fun seeing this back in the theater six years ago, but for the film itself, a total waste of potential! Just tell me why there was another military commander who tried to treat the "leader" of the resistance, John Conner, like he wasn't the guy who was in charge!? What!? There wasn't enough conflict in order to drive this story forward!? Even the models, and real for real shots weren't enough to make this film salvageable! And why was Bryce Dallas Howard portrayed as John Connor's wife? Completely pointless!
½ January 11, 2017
Utterly disappointing. This film is a big example how ridiculous the series got. I honestly appreciate this film more then the 3rd. It tried to do something original, it had a great cast, and sleek visuals & practical effects but the film fails and lands on the spot mediocrity do to a bland and convoluted story.
½ January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 6, 2017
Christian Bale did his best trying to get this film out of the trash container.
½ December 25, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie as a terminator fan. I don't disagree often with audience scores but I thought this was a great post apocalyptic flick
December 23, 2016
This pointless sci-fi action war film doesn't add anything new to the universe of the series but is neither an embarrassment. In fact, the only thing that makes up for its sheer inconsistencies and lack of emotional resonance is Sam Worthington's complex character.
December 23, 2016
This one just feels too dark for me and that's part of the storyline, but was easy to lose concentration and is worlds apart from the first two
December 18, 2016
Pretty good. The story won't knock your socks off but the action will. There seems to be a trend now were movies franchises that were rated R in previous interations are now going PG-13 (Die Hard) and I don't like it. Makes them seemed toned down.
Page 1 of 2004