Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2004
½ September 8, 2016
The plot is extremely simple as there is just special effects and shooting with the filmmakers showing true laziness to even put in a good script of dialogue other than "AAAH!!" and "Hang on!" - the absence of Schwarzenegger and the true heart of Terminator 1 and 2 that had memorable script writing ("Hasta la vista baby", "I'll be back" "No fate"). Terminator should not be downgraded from James Cameron to whoever was too lazy and impatient to just make a 2-hour presentation of what James Cameron knows should only have been 2 minutes.
September 8, 2016
A very underrated film, because it's post apocalyptic I think the audience would rather watch the first two however, which is why it got bad reviews. The first two had a modern presence to it at the time of their release. Terminator Salvation delves deeper into the sci fi fantasy realm which gives a different aspect that viewers aren't as used to, throwing them off a bit. I loved the new aspect and Christian Bale did a fantastic job as John Connor.
August 31, 2016
Love the Terminator series, Terminator Salvation is my favorite!
August 19, 2016
The right direction for the franchise to go, it just needed a bit more heart. I still very much enjoyed the characters and the story. I would have liked to see Sam's character continue. He could have taken to the franchise in a new direction with a character having great dynamics.

The Conner helicopter dive was a bit ridiculous.
August 18, 2016
The future that the movie represents is great but the characters and the plot are just... ergh
½ August 15, 2016
I enjoy all the terminator movies but this one would have to be my least favorite. It just wasn't the same without Arnold and that CGI Arnold was ugly. The plot was still good i still recommend seeing it because its not that bad of a movie.
August 11, 2016
Painfully dull and unbelievably uneventful. The worst Terminator film in the franchise.
August 11, 2016
Once again I disagree with critics and agree with the audience--I really liked this movie! It had good actors, was a good continuation of the story (much better than the last Terminator outing (#3), and of course, boffo special effects. I liked that this film was set in the future, during the war against the machines, instead of the past. An entertaining flick that was definitely worth a watch.
August 8, 2016
Best Terminator aside from T2
August 5, 2016
This pointless sci-fi action war film doesn't add anything new to the universe of the series but neither is an embarrassment. In fact, the only thing that makes up for its sheer inconsistencies and lack of emotional resonance is Sam Worthington's complex character.
August 2, 2016
I don't actually think this film is something everyone should take a massive crap on. It may not seem like a Terminator movie nor does it necessarily qualify as the post-Judgement Day future war film that some people were hoping to be nor was it a necessary installment to the franchise, but I did find that this film wasn't as disastrous as many people made it out to be. Bale and Worthington did a fine job playing their respective roles and the effects and action scenes are what sort of kept me from pausing the film and getting up. Sure, it definitely could've used improvements, but even without it, saying this is the worst Terminator film in the franchise is a bit stretching.
August 2, 2016
it actually wasn't that bad.
½ July 30, 2016
Terminator Salvation is an effects heavy, poorly scripted film. Salvation has a really stupid plot that doesn't make any sense and the characters are way too under developed to care about. The film does have some fantastic effect heavy action sequences that make this film worth a watch!
½ July 29, 2016
Utterly disappointing. This film is a big example how ridiculous the series got. I honestly appreciate this film more then the 3rd. It tried to do something original, it had a great cast, and sleek visuals & practical effects but the film fails and lands on the spot mediocrity do to a very bland story.
July 28, 2016
What happened? This was awful!
½ July 25, 2016
Why did Sam Worthington and Cristan bale sign up for this?
The Apolocyptic climax was a dreadful mess.
There were so many plot holes.
As big as blown up minefields.
The First Terminator from 1984 deserves a winning oscar for the 1980's
The 2nd one Judgment day was amazing and better than the first slightly
Rise of the Machines is boring and has a female terminator that did not match the movie well.
This! It's not painful or anything.
It had a fake Terminator that completely ruined the movie, It's All The Editors Fault! Shame On You Guys!
The Plot was made by a bunch of 11 Year olds and The acting was amazing.
But Cristian bale does it better. and Sam worthington playing the terminator is too much, I want Arnie Back.

Score: 3/10
½ July 9, 2016
It doesn't feel like a terminator film. I think if this was just an action movie I'd like it more, but being part of the terminator franchise makes this feel like a weak installment. Christian bale just storms about shouting "I'm John Connor" and whilst a CGI Arnie cameo may make you smile it doesn't rescue a film that feels as empty as its deserted landscape.
½ July 5, 2016
Fine but very flawed
½ June 28, 2016
Better than what the critics gave it
June 28, 2016
Half sequel, half prequel. Decent movie, but not one i would keep.
Page 1 of 2004