Terminator Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator Salvation Reviews

Page 1 of 2004
½ November 24, 2016
This movie is just meh, not good, not bad, just meh.
November 22, 2016
The critics were smoking crystal meth when they low scored this! Excellent movie! Four stars hands down! Christian Bale nailed it! Action with a brilliant plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat guessing and take you by surprise at the very end! Go see it!
November 21, 2016
McG is high on my list of the most horrible directors in existence. This movie wasn't awful. I thought it had a lot of great ideas in it, but I also think that if anyone other than McG was directing it could have been a mega hit. I still liked it more than most people seemed to, but it is nowhere near as good as any of the previous entries. Seriously McG, you and me are done professionally. ;)
November 20, 2016
This whole movie is a hit and miss... it provides a much needed insight into John Conner's story as a leader but the whole thing just feels weightless. Gotta give them credit for using practical effects where they are used.

C+
½ September 8, 2016
The plot is extremely simple as there is just special effects and shooting with the filmmakers showing true laziness to even put in a good script of dialogue other than "AAAH!!" and "Hang on!" - the absence of Schwarzenegger and the true heart of Terminator 1 and 2 that had memorable script writing ("Hasta la vista baby", "I'll be back" "No fate"). Terminator should not be downgraded from James Cameron to whoever was too lazy and impatient to just make a 2-hour presentation of what James Cameron knows should only have been 2 minutes.
September 8, 2016
A very underrated film, because it's post apocalyptic I think the audience would rather watch the first two however, which is why it got bad reviews. The first two had a modern presence to it at the time of their release. Terminator Salvation delves deeper into the sci fi fantasy realm which gives a different aspect that viewers aren't as used to, throwing them off a bit. I loved the new aspect and Christian Bale did a fantastic job as John Connor.
August 31, 2016
Love the Terminator series, Terminator Salvation is my favorite!
August 19, 2016
The right direction for the franchise to go, it just needed a bit more heart. I still very much enjoyed the characters and the story. I would have liked to see Sam's character continue. He could have taken to the franchise in a new direction with a character having great dynamics.

The Conner helicopter dive was a bit ridiculous.
August 18, 2016
The future that the movie represents is great but the characters and the plot are just... ergh
½ August 15, 2016
I enjoy all the terminator movies but this one would have to be my least favorite. It just wasn't the same without Arnold and that CGI Arnold was ugly. The plot was still good i still recommend seeing it because its not that bad of a movie.
August 11, 2016
Painfully dull and unbelievably uneventful. The worst Terminator film in the franchise.
August 11, 2016
Once again I disagree with critics and agree with the audience--I really liked this movie! It had good actors, was a good continuation of the story (much better than the last Terminator outing (#3), and of course, boffo special effects. I liked that this film was set in the future, during the war against the machines, instead of the past. An entertaining flick that was definitely worth a watch.
August 8, 2016
Best Terminator aside from T2
August 5, 2016
This pointless sci-fi action war film doesn't add anything new to the universe of the series but neither is an embarrassment. In fact, the only thing that makes up for its sheer inconsistencies and lack of emotional resonance is Sam Worthington's complex character.
August 2, 2016
I don't actually think this film is something everyone should take a massive crap on. It may not seem like a Terminator movie nor does it necessarily qualify as the post-Judgement Day future war film that some people were hoping to be nor was it a necessary installment to the franchise, but I did find that this film wasn't as disastrous as many people made it out to be. Bale and Worthington did a fine job playing their respective roles and the effects and action scenes are what sort of kept me from pausing the film and getting up. Sure, it definitely could've used improvements, but even without it, saying this is the worst Terminator film in the franchise is a bit stretching.
August 2, 2016
it actually wasn't that bad.
½ July 30, 2016
Terminator Salvation is an effects heavy, poorly scripted film. Salvation has a really stupid plot that doesn't make any sense and the characters are way too under developed to care about. The film does have some fantastic effect heavy action sequences that make this film worth a watch!
½ July 29, 2016
Utterly disappointing. This film is a big example how ridiculous the series got. I honestly appreciate this film more then the 3rd. It tried to do something original, it had a great cast, and sleek visuals & practical effects but the film fails and lands on the spot mediocrity do to a very bland story.
July 28, 2016
What happened? This was awful!
Page 1 of 2004