The Perfect Host - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ November 18, 2016
3,5/5 Ratings for The Perfect Host
F:45%
R:55%

The less one knows about this perverse thriller from debuting director Nick Tomnay the better; a full appreciation of its delights lies in its revelations.
½ August 21, 2016
This was a WTF movie for me, however entertaining too.
June 24, 2016
Who is the psychopath? The host, the robber or the writer?
½ May 31, 2016
I enjoyed this movie. I've been wanting to see it for a few years now and finally had the opportunity to check it out. It has a cool story and took some unsuspecting twists and turns. Solid acting from Hyde Pierce and Crawford. I recommend this one.
½ May 22, 2016
This film is twisted in the most epic of ways. DHP's performance is stunning and worth a watch in this thriller(?)
½ December 2, 2015
Three words: DAVID HYDE PIERCE. He totally made this film what it was. He was just fun.
October 31, 2015
David Hyde Pierce makes an amazing surprise Psycho.I'd like to see him play more psychos.Perfect fun for a peek into madness ala Dinner Party with many twists as I watch on Halloween
October 18, 2015
very clever very funny very dark
fantastikly twisted with a great story and outcome
pure entertaiment highly suggest anyone give this a watch 10/10
October 9, 2015
It's just too unbelievable that the protagonist happened to choose this particular house. And the whole craziness schtick doesn't really work as well as it should. Not the best movie.
September 11, 2015
Ok, this movie is amazing. David Hyde pierce is hilariously insane and evil. I highly recommend this movie. I'm a huge movie buff, especially with horror movies and I really can't say enough good things about this one
½ August 31, 2015
Perfectly paced and cast, this thriller is one for the books. David Hyde Pierce gives an absolutely chilling performance.
August 23, 2015
Good movie. Is a little weird but makes for very interesting viewing. With a cracking ending.
½ July 25, 2015
First View: Definitely last
½ July 7, 2015
I don't get why this film is so poorly rated here. It's an entertainingly twisted movie with an excellent performance from Pierce.
May 20, 2015
Worth a watch just for Pierce's performance. The film, however, is a perfect example of an excellent ideal becoming muddled and overcrowded. Most of the acting is subpar, and the other characters don't resonate emotionally. The main attraction throughout the film is Warwick Wilson (Pierce), but the film attempts to connect various mediocre subplots that, frankly, are not interesting. By the end of the film, you can't be sure whether the filmmakers knew what they were trying to go for.
½ March 6, 2015
Niles how you never wanted to see him!
Okay, so I realise the character wasn't actually David Hyde Pierce's Frasier alter ego - but for sure there were similarities. The bit with him compulsively scrubbing the blood off the floor gave me quite a laugh.
On the surface he plays a sophisticated, wine drinking, mild mannered single man who likes to host dinner parties.
But all is not as it seems as one young criminal discovers when he chooses the wrong man to scam.
This is nowhere near as gory as you might expect, and actually it's pretty tame by the end, but I did like it, and it was an original idea. David Hyde Pierce does pull this character off disturbingly well.
February 19, 2015
Around every corner is a new twist, a strategically placed misdirection or another switch of predator and prey. But while the gamesmanship is satisfying in moderation, it becomes a little monotonous in excess.
January 20, 2015
Few things please me like the convergence of brutality and good manners.
January 6, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. DHP was spectacular, and just when you think you've got things figured out - wham. Blind side.
½ December 19, 2014
David Pierce is awesomely-psychotic and charmingly-naughty in this twisted, and totally unexpected end, movie.