The Australian Dream Reviews

• Jun 20, 2020

It was rubbish. Don't bother

It was rubbish. Don't bother

• Apr 13, 2020

It's taken me a while to get around to watching this award-winning documentary. I'm very glad I did. It is a powerful, provocative, confronting story about Australia's history of its treatment of our Indigenous people wrapped around the experiences of Adam Goodes, one of our greatest AFL players, who was thrust into the spotlight after an incident at a game in 2013. There is archival footage and interviews presented in an engaging way. And the documentary doesn't shy away from showing alternative points of view in a number of places. In my opinion, every Australian should watch this documentary. It's one of the best I've seen and will make us do some long overdue thinking about our identity as Australians and the desperate need for recognition and reconciliation between us all. You won't watch this one without being fundamentally changed.

• Mar 02, 2020

Compulsory viewing for every Australian, and anyone who asks the question "are Australians racist?". Covers the same subject matter as the other excellent film "The Final Quarter", but also delves deeper into Australia's appalling treatment of its Aboriginal people since white settlement.

• Feb 21, 2020

Genuine, moving, honest, absolutely worth seeing.

Genuine, moving, honest, absolutely worth seeing.

• Feb 14, 2020

Dull and full of factual errors.

Dull and full of factual errors.

• Jan 05, 2020

Compulsory viewing for all Australians.

Compulsory viewing for all Australians.

• Nov 26, 2019

Unreal. A must watch!!!

Unreal. A must watch!!!

• Sep 08, 2019

A moving and powerful experience. I wept for a people relentlessly bullied and despised by a nation that seems to have lost its way. Probably because, as Stan Grant so eloquently stated, it is a nation that cannot except its own history. Yet I walked out with a glimmer of hope of what Australia can and should be.

• Sep 03, 2019

This documentary deals with topic that is hard to discuss. The only way we can get rid of racism is to have these conversations. The mistakes made by white colonialism needs to be addressed! The story was incredible and so well presented and I think this is a movie every child and adult should watch. Loved it. Adam is an inspiration. The director did an amazing job. The gentleman who wrote it and narrated it is my hero. Thank you for making this documentary!

• Aug 27, 2019

Thought provoking and powerful. This film is a reminder of some very disturbing events from the past 230 years of white occupation: the dispossession of land, the genocide, and the stolen generation. Sure, our history class very briefly touched on these issues, however, this film highlights the relevance of these issues to modern day indigenous people. It's heart breaking. It shows us the ugly side of humans, and the best side of humans, and highlights the need to for us to all move forward as a collective Australia, rather than a divided one based on race. I learnt so much from this film, and was really moved by it's confronting honesty. It made me challenge a lot of my perceptions of the indigenous community. For this opportunity to learn and grow, I am grateful. It's definitely a must watch for everyone, including all schools.