The Autopsy of Jane Doe Reviews

• 3d ago

No lie: one of the best horror films I've ever seen. Avoid all trailers & go in blind.

• 5d ago

Very good one. Would have been perfect without the jump scares.

Very good one. Would have been perfect without the jump scares.

• 6d ago

Definitely one of the most suspenseful movies to come out in the past decade. Not as many unnecessary jump scares - just a well done horror movie. Interesting story line with great acting and a morbid plot. Worth a watch for those that want more than a predictable, jump scare, and over done thriller.

Mark B Super Reviewer
    Oct 15, 2020

When I heard that André Øvredal, the writer/director of the Norwegian romp "Troll Hunter" was going for a true horror movie in his follow-up, I was excited. "Troll Hunter" was a great ride. The first half is absolutely excellent - a captivating mystery unfolds as layers are peeled back exposing tantalizing clues to "Jane Doe's" fate. Unfortunately, the last half moves into familiar genre territory with jump scares and typical horror tropes. But that first half more than makes up for the mediocre second part making it an overall enjoyable experience.

• Oct 14, 2020

This was one of my first introductions to Horror, and boy am I grateful. This is by far one of my favourite films within this genre. There are moments where you know exactly whats going to happen but are still surprised when it does. The plot slowly unravels these twists and themes that conclude nicely and is genuinely scary and suspenseful. I highly recommend it.

• Oct 12, 2020

I love animals and others do too, so here's a warning- there is a disturbing scene where a cat is killed violently. Other than that, the movie is ok. Not great, not terrible, just ok.

• Oct 07, 2020

One of the spookiest movies I've seen in a long time

One of the spookiest movies I've seen in a long time

• Sep 25, 2020

This is a supernatural horror film about father-and-son coroners who experience supernatural phenomena while examining the body of an unidentified woman. It has a simple horror story but it has a very grand revelation by the climax of the film to which I was caught surprise. The ending sequence demands a sequel because it left many unanswered stories and mysteries especially about Jane Doe. I don't mind if they produce a sequel as long as the level of story is the same as this one. The Autopsy of Jane Doe capitalized on its supernatural theme to deliver an effective horror film. It effectively uses a good balance between enough jump scares and creepiness of gore with tension inducing sound! It also has atmosphere of mystery and make use of dark lighting extensively to make it an overall scary and creepy movie. This is one of the best supernatural horror movie I've watched!

• Sep 22, 2020

Thoughtful and creepy.

Thoughtful and creepy.

• Sep 14, 2020

Even if the ending is a bit disappointing thanks to its sobrenatural and tired horror troops, the whole movie is build by tension, good performances and scary discoveryes, we get never tired whatching it.