Reviews

• Oct 09, 2021

Genuinely scary, keeping me watching even though it was hard at some points. Goosebumps are definitely present with this one.

• Sep 26, 2021

The ending was predictable however the build up of plot was quite thrilling.

The ending was predictable however the build up of plot was quite thrilling.

• Sep 17, 2021

Fantastic! Such an interesting and atmospheric experience.

Fantastic! Such an interesting and atmospheric experience.

• Jun 05, 2021

The suspenseful build up in this movie is masterfully done. The plot runs a bit thin at times, but the atmosphere and actors' interactions more than make up for that. Keeps you on the edge of your seat!

• May 30, 2021

Creepy is a good word for this movie - and I mean it in a good way. The psychological thrill of a horror movie is what I like, it's not a bloody gorefest that puts me on the edge of my seat, it's the slightly twitch in a corpse's hand or eyelid, seeing something coming up behind the unsuspecting person in a scene or the body that was just there, suddenly isn't. This movie provided a lot of those moments for me and overall I thought the storyline while not totally original, was good and the actors were great in their roles.

• May 24, 2021

Watched this movie in a whim. And was pleasantly surprised, it is a criminally underrated movie.

• May 19, 2021

When the Supernatural happens, the Storyteller can say anything, never mind whether it make any sense at all anymore.

• May 01, 2021

I cannot ever recall seeing a film that made me so angry for wasting my time. Good production value, well acted, but completely zero point to the screenplay.

• May 01, 2021

It takes a lot to make me react to a horror film and this movie made my skin crawl. Good job!

• Apr 24, 2021

TAOJD is a horror/ thriller (of course), that features the continuing vengeance of woman wronged in the worst imaginable ways. The events that occur might be ascribed to science, but certainly not to ours. As for history (1632, not 1693), the "innocent girls" mentioned were coached by Cotton Mather, to pretend possession, and accuse others; they were not themselves accused. And oddly enough, the convicted were not burned, but hanged. I find no mention of torture, although atrocities (such as the imprisonment of an infant girl of 4) certainly did occur. Principles might have provided more subtle performances, but I'll accord it an excellent anyway.