The Ballad of Buster Scruggs Reviews

• Apr 02, 2020

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is a 2018 American western comedy-drama anthology film written, directed, and produced by the Coen brothers ๐Ÿฟ It's very good! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'd recommend it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ STORIES LIVE FOREVER. PEOPLE DON'T.

• Mar 31, 2020

The Coen Brothers have really bombed this time The Ballad of Buster Sruggs drags on from character to character. Thank goodness they had the decency not to release this on dvd.

• Mar 31, 2020

The movie was decent. Good cinema and actors. Along with kinda decent stories. My main and only complaint is I like to follow a character more than 10 minutes before he is killed off, then followed before another very short story in which tells very little before he is also killed and followed by another 10 min story that tells little and is killed ect ect.

• Mar 19, 2020

Whether you like the Coen brothers or not, if you really love Westerns or not, there is a story in this anthology film to be appreciated and enjoyed by anyone who's looking for something unusual, or just a really Good story.

• Mar 18, 2020

Death. The main theme of this good Coen Bros. film. "We're all be in the same place when we die." Its human nature to try and make sense of it. Many use faith. And story of course. Story. Throughout the ages artists have uses stories to help us come to terms with our demise. The coen brothers have touched on this before. But it wasn't until 'Buster Scruggs' that they tackled this issue head on. The movie is an anthology of short films that gets darker as they goes on. Both figuratively and literally. Six stories. The first stories harks back to the coen brothers earlier work. Its lighter in tone. Almost cartoonish. Buster is kinda Roy Roger's-like. But in the 2nd story it get darker with a hanging . And so on. There is humour here. Even in death. Laughing in the face of death. You thought it was something that happened to someone else. Not you. But in one of the other stories the protagonist can see death coming, yet is helpless to stop it. There is more then one school of thought here. Death unites us all. Our existence is finite. I wont say much more then this. Just give it a watch. The music here is very good. No trouble there. All in all, dont be bummed out when watching it. We are all on our way to the grave. So, I'll see you on the other side. "In my line of work, there are two types of people... dead or alive."

• Mar 03, 2020

The only enjoyable segment is the one with Tom Waits. The rest are just nonsense.

• Mar 02, 2020

This was the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. It was morbid, random and never got better.

• Feb 23, 2020

I think this movie is great โ€“ it is beautifully shot and well directed and very well made, peculiar and humoristic also dark. I just found it difficult to concentrate on it and didn't watch it through though... I watched the first 4 stories.

• Feb 23, 2020

These are shorts stories based on the western and is a dark, funny and adventurous ride to the final chapter. Will please the many audiences who come through.

• Feb 13, 2020

A solid movie, but not the Coen Brothers' finest cinematic achievement. Despite having 6 separate chapters, the film still drags on quite often. I thoroughly enjoyed Tim Blake Nelson's Buster Scruggs and wished that instead of an anthology, they simply made a Buster Scruggs film! Although I did tearfully revel in the 'Meal Ticket' chapter, whose ending was nothing short of heartbreaking. Other than those two chapters, however, I found the movie to be decent and nothing more. None of the other chapters stood out in a major way and until I looked them up, I could barely recall them! Lets hope the next Coen brothers' project returns to their signature style in Fargo, Burn after Reading, and O Brother, Where Art Thou (just to name my three favorites) because I miss their slick sense of humor for a full length feature.