The Beaver Reviews

• Jun 30, 2019

Nice surprise. Good watch, but third act is a bit weak. Gibson showing he can act.

• Nov 23, 2018

Funny, sad, weird, strange, poignant. This movie is so many things. Excellent performances from Mel Gibson and actor/director Jodie Foster. A family, a company, and then the American public are introduced to Walter Black, a deeply depressed and disturbed man who gets through life by speaking through a hand puppet. Walter Black, his wife Meredith, and their oldest son go through much turmoil, but they all end up in a better place by the movie's end. This is not a happily ever after story, but more a story of coming out the other side after a tremendous struggle.

• Sep 04, 2018

This drama might have been better, but at least, is almost successful.

This drama might have been better, but at least, is almost successful.

• Jul 23, 2018

Sad but strange little movie. The puppet sounded like Don Logan from Sexy Beast. All great the acting in this movie. Worth seeing

• May 15, 2018

Mel Gibson's Best work.

Mel Gibson's Best work.

• Aug 08, 2017

great movie about depression makes u think

great movie about depression makes u think

• Jul 31, 2017

(5.0 out of 6) When all that we see we don't like seeing that we keep deep inside not letting out when it's not what others wish to see. When what others wish to see, it's hidden deep inside of us when what the world we see is not what we wish to see so we let something out to see for us. When we see some places are better left kept away and others we jump right in when we put our wrong face out and about and right face in and out away. When we see others seem to relate and enjoy when we let out when they have more to offer then we others we keep in. When what we see what is in, is trying something new and different that tries to make somethings workout. When we see what is out we can't see living our whole life with, when we like seeing the person inside more. When all what others see on the inside and outside of us we don't see it doesn't always match what we see in and out of others. When we wish others could always see us in this way forever but we can't always seem to get what others see in and out of us. When we do see some people enjoy seeing us in while others want us out to only see the bright side of life and see what time would bring. When we see strange doesn't always seem to be in with others but when it's always known to be out. When we see some people enjoy what comes out to bask all what life has to give and live in the moment without thinking whether we are in or out whether we should let somethings in or leave out and just live life like an open book that needs no editing, not be others words, but just everything we experience we lay out in front us. When we see we lived our life always making puppets in what we could see in them but they never could see in us that we are always kept out, while everyone was kept in. When we see we could make others into puppets in whom font want nothing to do with us in their life but out that we saw ourselves with no purpose. When we see we spent our whole life trying make ourselves at home in other people's home rather then our own we were shut out. When we see we need to take control of the puppets we create, and shut them out so we can put ourselves right back into life again. When we finally see what life is like from the inside and outside to see where we belong anywhere as long as we are with the people we care about and not puppets.

• Jun 07, 2017

Disturbing in parts. All star cast with Gibson and Foster - so impressive acting. The flick invokes well sympathy for people suffering from depression and mental illness. Script could be better. (How? If the puppet character were hilariously funny and not ultimately evil.)

• Apr 25, 2017

"A powerful force of a film that takes you behind the eyes of mel gibsons psychosis on and off the screen"

• Mar 08, 2017