The Bling Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bling Ring Reviews

June 22, 2016
Based on the true story of fame-obsessed teenagers that track the whereabouts of celebrities in Los Angeles so they can rob their homes. I was not familiar with this story initially so it was interesting to see how everything played out. Katie Chang, Israel Broussard, and Emma Watson all gave good performances in this film. I'm sure Paris Hilton hates this movie though.
July 16, 2015
Right now this film is brushed aside with minimal acclaim and average ratings....in fifty years it will become a standard vision used to revisit the millennial transition in culture that occurred in the early 21st century. The fall of interpersonal relationships and the rise of materialism.
½ April 8, 2016
Emma Watson is the reason why I watched this tbh
March 17, 2014
Irony Abounds In This True Story, Celebrities Play Teenagers Whom Practiced Thievery In The Homes Of Said Celebrities.. Even Funnier Is The Cameo's Of Hilton & Lohan As Themseleves!! A Product Placement Marketers Dream Tops It All Off. Disturbingly Clever Stuff From Coppila.
March 8, 2016
LOVED LOVED LOVED it!
½ February 23, 2016
Sofia Coppola always seems to keep us at a distance from her characters. This worked in "Lost in Translation" because we, like the characters, were reaching out and longing for closeness. It worked in "The Virgin Suicides" because it was told from the boys' perspectives. We were just as enthralled by the Lisbon sisters and wanted to reach them as much as the boys did. This approach just hasn't worked for Coppola's other movies. I'm not saying that she's overrated, because I don't think she is. I just think she needs to stick to what works for her, because it really, really works. Either that or find another way to emotionally connect with the viewer... because whatever she was aiming for here... no. Just no.
½ February 22, 2016
The Bling Ring is well made and well acted, but it's so darn boring and the characters are so boring too that it's hard to enjoy.
November 15, 2013
Alright. Could have had better potential with some more stars other than Emma Watson. Probably not a movie I would see again. Would just rate as OK.
February 3, 2016
Commentary on modern entitlement and the boredom of a teenage generation told in Sofia Coppola's distinctively passive tone, which perfectly matched her subjects.
January 1, 2016
Very Sofia Coppola. She had a trademark feel. Great car crash scene, made me jump
December 25, 2015
The shocking look into the behind the scenes of one of Hollywood biggest scandals, a group of teenagers robbing celebrity homes.
Emma Watson gives an outstanding performance, the rest of the cast can't be compared to Watson.
June 19, 2015
The story lacks depth, but Emma Watson's performance makes it worth watching.
March 18, 2013
it seemed a little to much like spring breakers
December 14, 2015
I was excited to see this version after already seeing the Lifetime version, but I have to say I was disappointed. I liked the Lifetime version much better. This felt boring to watch.
November 9, 2015
Sofia Coppola has only had one compelling film, and it certainly isn't this pointless patronizing snooze-fest.
½ October 20, 2015
These characters are such bitchy, annoying, and careless people...and the actors frickin kill their roles. I found myself riveted as the main characters here would just keep getting into more and more deep trouble as the film went on. This is my favorite performance from Emma Watson.

Grade: A-
October 18, 2015
Actually quite like this film
October 12, 2015
While it has a truly compelling backstory and great performances, The Bling ring feels shallow, tepid and somewhat like a missed opportunity in insight
½ June 15, 2013
Emma Watson is genius. She sounds just like the real girl this movie is based on. Someone of the scenes are exactly like the clips from the E tv show.