The Bling Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bling Ring Reviews

June 3, 2017
without Emma i would not have given this movie 1 star. She is the only thing saving this mess
May 11, 2017
I just remembered that I tried to watch this because of Emma Watson. I know she was trying a distinct departure from HP, but ooooooh boy. It's rare that I'll actually turn a movie off, but I despised these spoiled princesses so much that I couldn't keep going. Perhaps there's some clever commentary on L.A. youth culture, but I'll never know.
April 12, 2017
Incredible flick based on true events in LA. The most vapid set of teenagers around carry off a series of celebrity break-ins and steal millions of dollars of goods. Coppola's direction and the intricate editing hit the mark in conveying the characters' lives. Though really funny in places, it's chilling to watch this piece again after seeing it when it first came out. It seems to be prescient of a society gone mad.
½ March 27, 2017
Literally can't give any less stars, this movie was awful and pointless. Half the movie was just slow boring footage of celebrities or tv shows, and the other half was slow moving dialogue and robberies. The only upside to this movie was Emma Watson licking her lips for that half second.
March 25, 2017
There's some good stuff here, but I feel like there could've been more.
½ March 4, 2017
"very disappointing. filmed in a weird way as well."
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 5, 2016
A fun, fine movie that does have some things that do get repetitive after a while, but Emma Watson killed it in her role.
½ November 5, 2016
The film is a bit lacking in the story department, which is expected since it's based off of a single article in a magazine, but it is a well-made film. I'll never watch it again though, but Emma Watson is beautiful to look at.
September 4, 2016
Like all Sophia Coppola movies, this looks pretty but leaves zero lasting impression.
½ August 19, 2016
Perfect director for this.
August 19, 2016
Well delivered catchy storyline accompanied by beautiful camerawork.
½ August 17, 2016
Just seeing this movie after two years of its release, I still think it's pretty accurate. Off the bat I enjoyed the movie but was it good? It has its flaws but most of them come from its storyline and it being a little boring at moments.
½ August 14, 2016
These characters are such bitchy, annoying, and careless people...and the actors kill their f*cking roles. I found myself riveted as the main characters here would just keep getting into more and more deep trouble as the film went on. This is my favorite performance from Emma Watson.

Grade: A-
½ July 25, 2016
Emma Watson is the only member of the cast who was good and the only thing good about the film as well.
½ July 24, 2016
(2.5 stars)
If you like it then put Bling Ring on it....and they'll steal it for you? Okay that motto is a working progress but so is this movie apparently as showing pretentious teens having fun stealing from celebrity homes seems to be all there is to it. The real life story is quite interesting but this adaptation is as shallow as its characters since it fails to delve below the surface of the antics. While there is nothing in particular which makes me dislike the film, there is also nothing present which can be praised or substantively discussed, hence the mediocre score.
July 17, 2016
Boring and mind numbing. I wanted to reach into the screen and slap these stupid kids
July 9, 2016
"The Bling Ring" benefits from its cinematography by making the right choices in film shots, however, the plot suffers a bit by the fact that its characters are underdeveloped.
June 22, 2016
Based on the true story of fame-obsessed teenagers that track the whereabouts of celebrities in Los Angeles so they can rob their homes. I was not familiar with this story initially so it was interesting to see how everything played out. Katie Chang, Israel Broussard, and Emma Watson all gave good performances in this film. I'm sure Paris Hilton hates this movie though.
June 12, 2016
Right now this film is brushed aside with minimal acclaim and average ratings....in fifty years it will become a standard vision used to revisit the millennial transition in culture that occurred in the early 21st century. The fall of interpersonal relationships and the rise of materialism.