The Cabin in the Woods Reviews

• Sep 10, 2019

The perfect blend of satire and horror. Takes the classic horror movie tropes and turns them on their head. A must watch for horror movie junkies!

• Sep 05, 2019

The meta in this movie alone offers some crazy perspective shifts regarding the horror genre. and more than that-- it's genuinely funny, creepy, smart, and entertaining.

• Sep 02, 2019

One of the best social/cinema critics ever. The jokes are well put and the jumpscares are done right. I can't think of anything to rent about - except for the characters that seemed quasi immortal. That stoner should've loosed his movement at least four different times in this movie, but I guess pot gives you some regenerative abilities now.

• Aug 30, 2019

fucking shittiest movie i've watched a waste of 1 hour and 30 minutes. I recommend skipping this one and going for something better literally anything is better than this including the human centipede. Not entertaining, tried to put as much gore and monsters they could fit and ended up being a flop. The only part I enjoyed was watching Chris Hemsworth.

• Aug 27, 2019

Not the scariest (The Ring) but simply the best horror movie of all time. It's a boilerplate horror movie wrapped in a lovecraftian meta story. Tongue in cheek humor and lots of gore. Superb

• Aug 23, 2019

An enjoyable twist on the horror genre with some great unexpected moments. I thourogly enjoyed it, and the bloody finale is epic. 4/5

• Aug 07, 2019

I would’ve gave this movie zero stars when it first came out. Flat out hated it. After watching it over time, I came to a solid three stars. Still don’t like the Ancient God ending, and I still don’t like some of the generic horror villains that come out of the elevators, but I respect the little moments that were campy and pretty typical in horror movies , and the over the top moments that made you laugh and just can’t help but make fun of.

• Aug 01, 2019

it's more an action movie than a horror because it's pretty scary but the maggir part of the movie, especially the ending, is just about action with monsters. That said the film is very interesting and with a bizarre and original plot that makes the film very special

• Jul 20, 2019

A Joss Whedon masterpiece!

A Joss Whedon masterpiece!

• Jul 19, 2019

I’ll give credit where it’s due, it is a refreshing breath of air in the horror genre. With that said, I felt there needed to be more depth in the story. Trying not to give anything away, but the antagonists needed to be explained more. Enjoyable movie if you’re a horror fan however.