The Call - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Call Reviews

April 19, 2017
This is an awesome show. keeps you on the edge of your seat !
March 3, 2017
A flawed yet unique suspenseful thriller that does more right than wrong.
February 7, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
i reminiscne watching it back in the days. I actually really liked it. One of my favprite hally berry films
December 11, 2016
It was going okay until this unbelievably lame ending!!
½ November 13, 2016
Its got a lot of melodrama, and the shaky camera along with the slow motion plus Loud sounds really doesnt help us with getting into the thriller mood more than the content itself, which sounds at best like a 24 Episode lol
½ October 29, 2016
How does this even have 44% from critics, let alone 65% from users? It was like Lifetime made a feature length, bargain bin, just-different-enough-legally knock off of Criminal Minds that has none of the smart or clever people, and there's so little substance that the second and third acts nearly entirely rely on Abigail Breslin being shirtless for appeal, because the way the plot resolves itself is so overdone it'll make you groan, loudly.
October 26, 2016
Brad Anderson's "The Call" is a thriller with plenty of great performances on display as well as an astonishing amount of stupidity.
October 7, 2016
This movie is not deserving of the 44% rating it's currently at. The acting is very well done not just by Halle Berry but by the victims, the bad guy, and the woman who plays Halle Berry's supervisor. A suspenseful thriller that's well worth your time and isn't predictable at all.
½ September 29, 2016
An intense, keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrill ride of a film! The story, the cinematography & editing were all very well done! Berry, Breslin & Eklund, who played Michael Foster, all did great!
½ August 31, 2016
I cannot believe this movie was so dumb. Sure it has its thrills..but seriously? the best thing about this movie is that the idiocy of the plot and the bad acting end quickly. It isn't very long. that's all.911 operator hears girls getting abducted because of her.. girl dies..similar situation months later..same psycho.. but of course no one else can find him. Its upto her. oh lord. so dumb.
August 29, 2016
Brilliantly made in all departments as if it is really happening with us.
August 25, 2016
so i am not big on movies. ill watch like 6 a year. mostly romance &
thrillers well at the beginning of this month i decided to cancel my
Netflix, but it wouldn't be in effect until the 27th. So tonight, i
felt like watching something, right before the subscription runs out. I
watched "The Call" with Halle Berry. OMG IT IS SO GOOD!!!! its so hard
for me to feel wowed&so excited (instead of terrified) by a thriller
movie that is;this one did that. there is an amazing balance between
suspense, sadness, a dash of happy, and violence without it being
gruesome. loved it.
½ August 15, 2016
The Call turns into crap during it's final act, but the first two thirds of the movie are suspenseful enough to warrant a recommendation.
July 30, 2016
this movie was supsenful and i love how the movie ended
½ July 3, 2016
When all eyes are for the next call, when the lights flash, we don't know who we are going to get. When there are no eyes on you when you already have eyes for someone else. When you eye the monitor, you rely on everything but your eyes. When you can't see, unprepared or focus, mistakes happen and you could forsee the worst in a call. When those in the other end are seeing as witnesses to everything going on, they can only describe what's going on. When those whom are trying to not be seen, and intruders are looking, your mistake was the difference. When all eyes are on you, and you to see if they are juding, all eyes are focused on searching for the victim. When all eyes are glued to the TV for the next update, the worst happens when someone is dead. When some of us liked to be eyed upon, we just have eyes for our besties. When we remind ourselves of the mistake we made, it helps us have that eye everywhere we go. When there is plenty to look out for, when we have procedures to follow for each one.
July 2, 2016
160702: Jordan Turner (Halle Berry) shows a lack of good judgment throughout this film. Her poor judgment is just one annoying feature of this slightly flawed production. Keep your arm out you fool! However, if you just stop judging, sit back and relax, this thriller entertains. For example, you've got to love two women teaming up and applying a boot f**king to a psychopath. And a psychopath he is. Some spooky sets, a vengeful surprise and an ending that allows for a sequel. It was neat to see Soprano Christopher Moltisanti as Alan Denado (Michael Imperioli). Neat but brief. Enjoy.
½ June 3, 2016
I know a lot of people outright hate the ending of this, I didn't. It felt very out of place and was completely unrealistic, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it ruined the movie for me. That said, the first two acts are far superior to the third, and even those two aren't exactly bringing the house down.

Still, The Call manages to cultivate some pretty vivid tension within the first few minutes, and the drama of the two confined environments that it primarily switches between is executed well enough.
½ May 31, 2016
The movie falls victim to a Hollywood ending, but the rest of the film is gripping and tasteful. Halle Berry is a very good actress in this movie, and Abigail Breslin is believable. It's a fun movie to watch with your friends on Friday night, there is no arguing with that.
½ April 30, 2016
This suspense thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end. I'm sure my blood pressure rose by at least 40% while watching it. Ms. Berry did not disappoint, as well as solid acting from Abigail Breslin. The conclusion could have used some extra attention, but overall good movie. Rating: 7.25 / 10