The Canterville Ghost Reviews

• Oct 24, 2020

I can't believe I lived my life never seeing this until now! An absolutely delightful film with a friendly ghost.I laughed, heart touched till I cried

• Aug 28, 2020

O've always loved this great classic flick with the sweet little O'brian, the bombastic and pities Laughton, and the charming Young, who all make this wonderful tale by Oscar Wilde a great family/SSII flick! I saw this first as a kid on TV in Pittsburgh watching the 10 o'clock morning movie during summer vacation while we ate breakfast in the living room. summer was sweet when breakfast meant the great movies of the 40s every weekday!

• Jan 27, 2019

The best fantasy movie ever made!

The best fantasy movie ever made!

• Aug 10, 2014

A fun wartime propaganda film. Laughton was silly and O'Brien was adorable.

A fun wartime propaganda film. Laughton was silly and O'Brien was adorable.

• Jun 11, 2014

I know its a classic, but it was more about the little girl then the ghost. Laughton was great in the little time he got on screen.

• Jun 07, 2014

The Canterville Ghost is a cute film. It is about cowardly Sir Simon of Canterville flees a duel and seeks solace in the family castle in the 1600s and his descendant saves the family honor. Charles Laughton and Robert Young give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Jules Dassin did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watched this motion picture because of the fantasy and humor. The Canterville Ghost is a must see.

• Mar 21, 2014

Enjoyable enough movie about a ghost who can't go to heaven unless one of his descendents performs a brave deed. Charles Laughton is somewhat slumming it as the ghost while Robert Young is entertaining as the unknowing Canterville cousin. Film takes a REALLY creepy turn at the end.. watch out!

• Feb 19, 2014

I haven't seen this one since I was a kid, so it was like seeing it for the first time. Very cute.

• Sep 08, 2012

well acted ghost yarn that mixes comedy and drama in just the right measure

well acted ghost yarn that mixes comedy and drama in just the right measure

• May 18, 2012

An excellent comedy with heart tugging dramatic moments--An absolute for all movie lovers!!