The Conjuring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wondeful movie. Perfect film
March 17, 2017
Best Scary Movie Ever!!!
½ March 15, 2017
I don't watch much horror movies, but decided to watch this one because it became famous. Was not disappointed. What I really liked about it is that it doesn't rely on jump scares to scare you. Sure there are some, but it doesn't rely on them as much. The story is haunting enough to scare you. I would recommend if you are in mood for classic horror!
March 12, 2017
Superb horror film because of the immensely talented cast. Not since Linda Blair's exorcism has another exorcism so engrossing for me. Though less frightening, this one has a lot more heart and soul in it, even though it wasn't performed by a priest. Patrick Wilson nailed his role as an aspiring expert in demonology, a loving husband and father and first and foremost, a concerned and kind hearted human being.
March 10, 2017
The Conjuring is one hell of a horror movie!
March 6, 2017
A master of the jump scare
½ March 4, 2017
'The Conjuring' is one of the best horror-movies i've ever seen.
½ March 4, 2017
One of the greatest horror movies of all time!
March 1, 2017
Starts off a bit slow, but is well worth the build. This is easily the best film James Wan has ever directed and a great overall horror movie. Highly recommended.
½ February 27, 2017
Good combo of creepy and "jump-out-of-your-seat" scary.
February 26, 2017
Great horrors are as rare as a white buffalo. Celebrate them.
February 26, 2017
this was my 2nd fav movie
February 24, 2017
The Conjuring uses old school scares and camerawork to potentially terrify viewers. One of the very few modern horror movies that does not rely on cheap jump scares or tricks to frighten you. The camerawork is great in this movie, often lingering on whatever horrifying creature is on the screen instead of quickly cutting away or having something pop out at you. The Conjuring manages to build suspense very well leading to a heart-thumping pay off that is fast-paced and intense. The acting is pretty good across the board, there wasn't really one actor that stood out to me as being very good or bad. The script is fine, other than the occasional cheesy line here or there (Ex: during the middle of Carolyn's exorcism, Roger Perron asks "Are you okay?") and a few horror cliches. I also had a problem with Annabelle, who seemed to only be in this movie for the purpose of making a sequel. Other than that, I found minimal problems with The Conjuring, and if you're looking for a modern day horror movie that uses classic scares, this is for you.
½ February 16, 2017
'The Conjuring' offers up one spine tingling moment after the next. It's truly terrifying. The build leads to a more than satisfying finish. Unlike most films in this genre, the acting isn't a distraction. This is a really fun, yet one of the scariest movies of recent times. Final Score: 8.9/10
February 16, 2017
Very enjoyable horror movie. Had a slow buildup but it got very intense near the end. Loved the actors and the characters. Wasn't gory or violent but very suspenseful as well as creepy.
½ February 12, 2017
Undoubtably on its way to becoming a classic of the horror genre
February 12, 2017
This movie was great. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. When I got home I was terrified that even my house may've been haunted by evil spirits of those that lived there before me. The use of sound was great with the suspenseful scenes that ultimately struck you with fear. Overall it was a great movie and I highly recommend it.
February 11, 2017
Loved it! Great haunted house flick without the profanity etc.
February 9, 2017
Though guilty of relying on countless haunted house clichés, The Conjuring balances its lack of originality with an enjoyably light touch, delivering a beautifully filmed thrill ride loaded with bone-chilling scares, thrillingly exuberant direction and an irresistible excess of heart.
½ February 5, 2017
I saw the new horror film The Conjuring today, and I absolutely loved it. This movie was definitely scary & chilling. The movie was based on a true story of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren who were helping the Perron family who experienced paranormal happenings at their Rhode Island home. What I liked about this picture was that I loved the whole retro-70's look of it from the cars to the clothes. Even the opening credits looked like a 70's film. Also, I liked the fact that the movie is an old school horror film which uses sound effects and darkness to scare audiences. I loved the cinematography of the movie. Also, I liked how the film was directed by James Wan. As for the acting, I thought it was wonderful, especially by Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren. I liked the fact that it wasn't only a horror film, but somewhat a love story between Ed & Lorraine Warren. This film started slowly but builds up to the great scares. This is probably one of the best films of the summer so far. It's the kind of film you want to see again. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, and you will to.