The Conjuring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Conjuring Reviews

July 22, 2016
My god this movie!
This movie is really scary
My only complaint is why is Annabelle in this?
She's everything everyone thinks of when you think of the conjuring but she barely does anything
½ July 20, 2016
Una buena película de "miedo"
July 20, 2016
James Wan make you wish the Ed and Lorraine Warren were as noble as Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga portray them as.
½ July 18, 2016
Too scared to watch alone.
July 17, 2016
Thank you, The Conjuring, for scaring the living hell out of me. Bravo.
½ July 16, 2016
"The Conjuring" is a fantastically well-made horror thriller that is more creepy then scary but success thanks to its art style and direction. James Wan is one of, it not the best horror filmmaker working today and he brings his signature style of scares and thrills to this picture. This is a must-see film for horror fans and people who want a great scare.
July 14, 2016
Amazing!! Watched it with my friend. Scared us to death. Loved it
July 12, 2016
Make sure to wear a diaper to this movie. Why? Because this will make you crap your pants.
July 12, 2016
The Conjuring serves as an effective horror story told very well, with concepts that, thankfully, diverge from genre clichés. Perhaps the best horror film to date.
½ July 11, 2016
I really didn't like this movie, and I seem to be the only one. 'Haunting' movies don't usually work for me (Sinister is one of the few that I'll say I enjoyed and scared me at the same time) and although this movie has its share fair of jumpscares (are usually a hit or miss with me, I don't like jumpscares ever), this movie lost it for me at the end with the whole exorcism shit with the mom and just became a parody of itself. Plus I can't stand Patrick Wilson or Vera Farmiga. I can't really say much else about this movie, but I understand why some people enjoyed it, so I know that this movie is just simply, not my kind of movie, and I'm okay with that.
July 11, 2016
I am of the school which thinks that a true scary or horror movie should not have to show anything frightening visually to give a scare. So I thought director James Wan use of some old-school minimalist scare tactics were quite effective. Then there is also the spiritual belief aspect of this truth based story that makes the entire premise hit all the closer to reality.
July 10, 2016
good movie, very creepy, lots of scary and intense scenes, good acting and great directing. I don't have a specific reason for why I didn't like it more

SPOILERS

I wasn't a fan of the ending. It wasnt bad, it just didn't really do much for me. (2 viewings)
July 10, 2016
Solid movie. Great thrills and seemed to be a well put together script. Definitely had it share of scariness, & had people in the theater screaming, telling, & talking to themselves. I would recommend this movie to fright fans.
July 9, 2016
The Conjuring is a very well directed horror film about a family who moves into a house that appears to be haunted. They soon learn from paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine that it may be more than just a haunted house and these once strange occurrences become life threatening situations. Overall, the Conjuring has good characters and sells it's time period. It is well acted and very creepy. Another well done film from James Wan.
July 9, 2016
not scary at all it was actually very funny. it needs more screams and blood
½ July 8, 2016
A great and fantastic film that should become a instant classic horror movie. Based on true events of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren, the story may be a little different than what actually happened, but nonetheless it's a roller coaster of spooky effects and thrills.

"The Conjuring" is a classic haunted house thrill ride about a family that moves in and begins to be tormented by an evil spirit. Taking place before Amityville, the Warrens travel to Rhode Island to investigate and help the family.
July 7, 2016
Always will be a classic as one of the best horror films of this modern time and the sequel is just as good.
July 7, 2016
James Wan shoots another arrow and BANG! Right on target.
½ July 5, 2016
James Wan is a mastermind
July 5, 2016
Spawning the best horror movie of 2010's (so far) James Wan brings a classic plot to a more modern touch and more tension build-up than any other movie i've seen with consistency that keeps the movie great and scary delivering a good horror film with smooth tension building through a new fresh theme and premise scares