The Devil Wears Prada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 1 of 1945
January 15, 2017
Some of the cast are amazing. Anne Hathaway isn't.
January 6, 2017
Am I the only one, who just can't like this movie? It's supposed to be witty satire with some drama features and even a make over, but for me it just shows like a rom com box office.
January 2, 2017
Presently reading the book.
December 26, 2016
I dearly love this movie and have watched it many times. And one thing that I take from it--was Andrea really selfish? Or were her friends? One year is what she needed to achieve a lot. Is that so much to ask from loved ones? I think it says a lot, or little, for her friends. If my husband had to spend a year where I hardly saw him and it would change his life, what kind of husband would I be if I wasn't understanding!
½ November 27, 2016
This movie is amazing I have watched more than once. I think a kid at the age of 12 will in joy this movie. It's inspiring and it's just something you need to watch in your lifetime.
½ November 25, 2016
Despite its clichéd and moralizing message about "the price you pay when you choose profession over personal life," this is an entertaining comedy that takes a caustic look at New York's fashion scene and has an unforgettable performance by Meryl Streep.
November 22, 2016
Although I eat carbs and dress like a car accident, I must say I liked it.
Well acted.
½ November 11, 2016
In almost every way this film was a lackluster ripoff of The Princess Diaries, also starring Anne Hathaway.

In both films, Anne Hathaway's character is considered not pretty and underqualified for a job that suddenlt comes her way. An older, white-haired woman with a stern attitude is who she must impress. Her mentor is a bald male. She undergoes a pretty transformation. Her relationship with her shaggy haired lover is on the rocks when he condescendingly decides she's spending too much time working and getting rapped up in the glamour of her new job. In the midst of the turmoil of her love life, a pretty blonde man sweeps her up in a false romance. She finally appeases the white-haired woman, but ultimate loses the guy (Princess Diaries 2 confirms this).
October 19, 2016
Meryl Streep offers an acting master class in this amazing movie.
½ October 1, 2016
This is always fun to watch.
September 26, 2016
One of my favourites, a must see comedy with good sentimental parts. If you haven't watched you are definitely missing out! Fantastic roles and great plot
September 15, 2016
A movie projecting fashion world in a very different way, giving the audience enough suspense. It also purges people to stop and think about their life and work at some point in life.
September 9, 2016
I've seen this film many times and never tire of the wonderful moments where I can't help but laugh. Such wonderful comic humor and acting by Streep, Tucci, Emily Blunt, and even Hathaway who plays the 'fall guy' for so many wonderful darts. Last quarter of the film doesn't measure up to the first part but I don't understand why it gets such a low rating. I can see this film being shown 20 or 30 years from now in a festival the way some 1940's films are viewed now. For sure I'll watch it again in future -- the way I watch so many American films again and again.
August 15, 2016
Chemistry between main characters, quick and effective character setup, S. Tucci and fist and second act make this great pleasure to watch. Weak third act is forgiven for overall feeling that movie leaves.
August 4, 2016
Normally this sort of film wouldn't interest me, but I was fascinated by the cast (Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci ARE four of my favourite contemporary American actors) AND I liked the three previous films I've seen about the fashion industry ('Ready to Wear', 'Zoolander' and of course 'Death Wish 5: The Face of Death'). I was really pleased by the comedy caused by the bitchiness, pettiness and downright superficiality of everyone involved, which says SO much about contemporary civilization...and the climax and denouement, are both touching and so fitting. The strong writing and acting made this much better than it had any reason to be.
July 21, 2016
I still don't know how this movie got me interested in fashion and clothing. It's predictable, but the characters are pretty enchanting in hands of a fantastic duo: Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. A little melodramatic, but funny and charming at the end.
June 26, 2016
Meryl Streep definitely deserved an Oscar nod for this movie (if not in this humble reviewers opinion the win).  If you have any love of fashion you must see this movie.  If you have any love of brilliant acting you must see this movie.
June 17, 2016
6/16/2016: A pretty decent movie with a great cast.
June 7, 2016
Anne Hathaway best film. The Devil Wears Prada has fashion, witty, entertaining, and great performances by all of the actors/actresses.
Page 1 of 1945