The Devil Wears Prada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 1 of 1945
July 21, 2016
I still don't know how this movie got me interested in fashion and clothing. It's predictable, but the characters are pretty enchanting in hands of a fantastic duo: Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. A little melodramatic, but funny and charming at the end.
June 26, 2016
Meryl Streep definitely deserved an Oscar nod for this movie (if not in this humble reviewers opinion the win).  If you have any love of fashion you must see this movie.  If you have any love of brilliant acting you must see this movie.
June 17, 2016
6/16/2016: A pretty decent movie with a great cast.
June 7, 2016
Anne Hathaway best film. The Devil Wears Prada has fashion, witty, entertaining, and great performances by all of the actors/actresses.
June 6, 2016
This was actually pretty funny... Hathaway was surprisingly good in a comedic role.
June 4, 2016
Great movie. Meryl Streep is Briliant!
½ April 27, 2016
Meryl Streep is a far better reason to see The Devil Wears Prada than the movie itself.
½ April 1, 2016
Not a film I ever really wanted to see until I saw it won awards for the best performance, presumably Meryl Streep. I didn't notice any good performances. It was just a film that would appeal to those who harbour an interest in the fashion industry, which I don't.
March 30, 2016
"EGOTISTICAL | SASSY | SOPHISTICATED | SPUNKY | WHIMSICAL" (82-out-of-100)
March 23, 2016
Anne Hathaway if so friggin cute. The movie was better than what I thought. I enjoyed watching it. Great movies and has lot of thing about how to run a magazine
½ March 13, 2016
This movie was appalling! Anne Hathaway's character was an idiot. You can't be a journalist, much less one in NYC, if you're so concerned about what your line cook boyfriend thinks. Do you think Ida B. Wells cared about what shabby grilled cheese flipping assholes thought about her clothes? This movie is disgusting. I literally got sick to my stomach watching this. The message was that you shouldn't change everything about yourself no matter what. That job was a great opportunity. She changed. So what? Margaret Fuller was probably a lot more innocent and sensitive before she worked at The Dial. That crappy newspaper job at the denouement (a job which the character never would've gotten in real life) could've been The New Yorker if she hadn't have gone to her boyfriend's birthday party. She loved that asshole more than writing. You can't love anything more than writing if you want to be a journalist. To quote Susan Orlean (who Meryl Streep ironically played in another film with a performance that shamed her "Miranda Priestly") "The reason it matters to care about something passionately is because it whittles the world down to a more manageable size." If Anne Hathaway's character really loved writing as much she claimed to in this movie, she would've moved out and lived on the fucking street to get away from that asshole. God, I'm so offended I need to go watch Thelma & Louise to get my mind off of this shit...
½ March 10, 2016
The Devil Wears Pada is nothing more than a cliched movie, with a overused final message, with a not original script and with a predictable direction, whose even the great Meryl Streep performances can't outwit.
½ March 10, 2016
March 2, 2016
it was exactly what it was supposed to be and did it well
February 28, 2016
interesting how the of fashion affects ppl. great movie.
February 14, 2016
It falls somewhere in between being either an odd and unpleasant Hollywood comedy or an incredibly straight-faced and horrifying satire. And while that might have been the point and the performances are laudable it is ultimately a movie I'd never encourage anyone to watch.
January 31, 2016
Still holds up quite well, especially the performances, even if the ending remains too neat and cutesy.
January 28, 2016
Meryl Streep is fun, sarcastic and downright vicious in this, well it's not really a chick-flick, so, romantic comedy?
January 23, 2016
This is a pure piece of art. Hathaway and Streep are an extraordinary duo. And the performance of Blunt, Brilliant!
Adding the charisma of Tucci was a fantastic idea.
This movie is perfect!
January 16, 2016
The energy between Streep and Hathaway was great. A number of great moments. I actually didn't care for the message of the movie. But that's not what I cared about. I just cared about seeing what nonsense Streep was going to put Hathaway through and how she'd respond. The most ridiculous of requests got the greatest response. I laughed out loud for a long time at that. This is a very well done movie, chick-flicky message and girly fashion theme aside...
Page 1 of 1945