The Devil Wears Prada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 1 of 1945
October 19, 2016
Meryl Streep offers an acting master class in this amazing movie.
½ October 1, 2016
This is always fun to watch.
September 26, 2016
One of my favourites, a must see comedy with good sentimental parts. If you haven't watched you are definitely missing out! Fantastic roles and great plot
September 15, 2016
A movie projecting fashion world in a very different way, giving the audience enough suspense. It also purges people to stop and think about their life and work at some point in life.
September 9, 2016
I've seen this film many times and never tire of the wonderful moments where I can't help but laugh. Such wonderful comic humor and acting by Streep, Tucci, Emily Blunt, and even Hathaway who plays the 'fall guy' for so many wonderful darts. Last quarter of the film doesn't measure up to the first part but I don't understand why it gets such a low rating. I can see this film being shown 20 or 30 years from now in a festival the way some 1940's films are viewed now. For sure I'll watch it again in future -- the way I watch so many American films again and again.
August 15, 2016
Chemistry between main characters, quick and effective character setup, S. Tucci and fist and second act make this great pleasure to watch. Weak third act is forgiven for overall feeling that movie leaves.
August 4, 2016
Normally this sort of film wouldn't interest me, but I was fascinated by the cast (Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci ARE four of my favourite contemporary American actors) AND I liked the three previous films I've seen about the fashion industry ('Ready to Wear', 'Zoolander' and of course 'Death Wish 5: The Face of Death'). I was really pleased by the comedy caused by the bitchiness, pettiness and downright superficiality of everyone involved, which says SO much about contemporary civilization...and the climax and denouement, are both touching and so fitting. The strong writing and acting made this much better than it had any reason to be.
July 21, 2016
I still don't know how this movie got me interested in fashion and clothing. It's predictable, but the characters are pretty enchanting in hands of a fantastic duo: Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. A little melodramatic, but funny and charming at the end.
June 26, 2016
Meryl Streep definitely deserved an Oscar nod for this movie (if not in this humble reviewers opinion the win).  If you have any love of fashion you must see this movie.  If you have any love of brilliant acting you must see this movie.
June 17, 2016
6/16/2016: A pretty decent movie with a great cast.
June 7, 2016
Anne Hathaway best film. The Devil Wears Prada has fashion, witty, entertaining, and great performances by all of the actors/actresses.
June 6, 2016
This was actually pretty funny... Hathaway was surprisingly good in a comedic role.
June 4, 2016
Great movie. Meryl Streep is Briliant!
½ April 27, 2016
Meryl Streep is a far better reason to see The Devil Wears Prada than the movie itself.
½ April 1, 2016
Not a film I ever really wanted to see until I saw it won awards for the best performance, presumably Meryl Streep. I didn't notice any good performances. It was just a film that would appeal to those who harbour an interest in the fashion industry, which I don't.
March 30, 2016
March 23, 2016
Anne Hathaway if so friggin cute. The movie was better than what I thought. I enjoyed watching it. Great movies and has lot of thing about how to run a magazine
½ March 13, 2016
This movie was appalling! Anne Hathaway's character was an idiot. You can't be a journalist, much less one in NYC, if you're so concerned about what your line cook boyfriend thinks. Do you think Ida B. Wells cared about what shabby grilled cheese flipping assholes thought about her clothes? This movie is disgusting. I literally got sick to my stomach watching this. The message was that you shouldn't change everything about yourself no matter what. That job was a great opportunity. She changed. So what? Margaret Fuller was probably a lot more innocent and sensitive before she worked at The Dial. That crappy newspaper job at the denouement (a job which the character never would've gotten in real life) could've been The New Yorker if she hadn't have gone to her boyfriend's birthday party. She loved that asshole more than writing. You can't love anything more than writing if you want to be a journalist. To quote Susan Orlean (who Meryl Streep ironically played in another film with a performance that shamed her "Miranda Priestly") "The reason it matters to care about something passionately is because it whittles the world down to a more manageable size." If Anne Hathaway's character really loved writing as much she claimed to in this movie, she would've moved out and lived on the fucking street to get away from that asshole. God, I'm so offended I need to go watch Thelma & Louise to get my mind off of this shit...
½ March 10, 2016
The Devil Wears Pada is nothing more than a cliched movie, with a overused final message, with a not original script and with a predictable direction, whose even the great Meryl Streep performances can't outwit.
½ March 10, 2016