The Devil Wears Prada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 1 of 1947
½ June 2, 2018
Funny and well made . Great Cast .
½ May 3, 2018
A bit of fun so long as you can overlook the message that fitting in is best. Old review: It's hard to tell if Streep's disdain is good acting, or a comment on the film she found herself in. A vapid movie, critiquing nothing and reinforcing all the usual stereotypes.
½ April 12, 2018
meryl streep, one of the world's great actresses, wastes a potentially sublime portrayal into a mumbling, stodgy executive without much strength of character. hathaway, as the protagonist, fares worse, her acting bordering on the pathetically perturbed. it should be a lavish tale of ambition; the truth of the matter is that it's unsubtle and graceless.
½ March 31, 2018
This film is an absolute blast with an excellent cast and an engaging and hilarious story that's fun to go along with even if you're not into fashion. It is worth it alone to see Meryl Streep at her absolute best playing the cold, yet complex fashion magazine editor, Miranda Priestly. Overall, this film perfectly captures the sacrifices needed for career success, even if it affects our own loved ones.
½ March 26, 2018
Good movie, very funny and definently has a statement about new york. good movie, good watch.
March 12, 2018
meryl streep deserve oscar for this role!
February 28, 2018
Entertaining and surprisingly thought-provoking to watch. It provides an interesting insight into the damaging fashion industry, deftly exploring identity sacrifice in pursuit of goals. Well-developed characters capture our investment. Underrated!
February 26, 2018
One of my all time favorites
½ February 9, 2018
I starting to think this movie was another funny comedy with fun performances. But it turned to be so much more than that. It was not only focus in the fashion world and how Adrea adapts to a ''world'' that didn't suits her, but also showing whats really made us feel complete and fulfield in our life, personal or professional, is being ourselves, because on the oposite of what Miranda (Streep's character) said, not everyone wants to live a luxury life!
Bravo to the amazing performances by Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. A must see movie!

|It's an 8.8 out of 10|
February 8, 2018
Iconic character by Streep plus a genuine performance by Hathaway. The story is not outstanding but the movie is definitely fun and fashionable to watch.
December 31, 2017
Great film. No matter how many times you watch it it's enjoyable. Unpretentious in every way. Original, interesting, excellent cast. One of the most watchable films I've seen
December 9, 2017
This movie is worth watching just to see another bravura performance from Meryl Streep, who is outstanding. Hathaway, Blunt and Tucci are also fine. The core of the story is good and interesting, but it gets way overdone at times. It works better when it is sending-up the fashion industry than when it tries to develop the career or moral themes.
December 8, 2017
The Devil Wears Prada

It is hard to find a film that has a plot line that can not be predicted within the first ten minutes. Better yet, it is hard to not only find that, but also one that is entertaining, funny and rewatchable. The Devil Wears Prada is a film that captures originality and entertainment all in one. It is sure to have it's audience intrigued and entertained throughout.
In the movie, the main characters name is Andrea [Anne Hathaway]. She is from a small town and is a recent college graduate looking to pursue a career in the editorial business and show her father that she can be independent and successful on her own. Unlike other woman in the business, she doesn't know how to dress the part and is unprepared for what the future holds. She ends up getting a job working for one of the biggest fashion magazines in the Country, and her boss is the one and only Miranda Priestly [Merril Streep], or as the movie title would hint, the devil that wears Prada. Throughout the movie, Andrea is tested and her patience are pushed. She molds herself into what society and the fashion business thinks she should be, all while leaving behind who she really is.
If you love Anne Hathaway then this movie is pure gold. It could be closely compared to The Princess Diaries in the fact that she is changed from an old version of herself to a new and improved version. She also has a person above her that she needs to impress and has a tough relationship with. Her role in the Devil Wears Prada is creative and unpredictable. Although it is sometimes dramatic and over the top about the magazine business, that is what entertains the audience and keeps the comedy alive throughout. It is a film that you can watch multiple times, and it never gets old. The film not only touches on the energetic satire of the fashion world, but also the drama that viewers crave. In the film, Andrea is given a total makeover. She is completely changed head to toe. Her friends are left behind and work becomes her entire life, especially keeping her boss happy. In the film it shows her doing tasks such as fetching an original copy of the new Harry Potter book that hasn't even been through printing or dropping of a copy of their new editorial without making eye contact with Miranda's daughters. She is told constantly throughout the movie that girls would kill for her job and that she could be let go with one mistake. These over dramatic and hilarious situations are what keep the film entertaining and make it one of my all time favorites. One mistake, and she could be fired from the one job that is helping her pursue her ultimate goal.
I think that the overall best part about this film, is that it provides a lesson to the audience. A film makers goal is to make the audience walk away with something, and as cheesy as it sounds, this movie does it. It shows that while it is important to go all in and do our best to meet our goals, we can not alter ourselves in negative ways hoping that is will bring positive outcomes. Andrea put her entire life on hold to be a servant to her boss, and while other girls may kill for that, she felt unhappy and unfulfilled. Andrea struggles with losing everything just so that she can gain her bosses affection, and at the end of the film she finally realizes that she threw away everything that made her who she truly was so that she could be what the industry wanted her to be. We can not change ourselves to what other believe we are supposed to be because in the end, it is not others who make us who we are.
October 26, 2017
Not bad - light entertainment - Meryl Streep always good, of course!
September 15, 2017
I can't quite figure out why, but I really hated this movie.
August 12, 2017
awesome movie loved it especially the work parts
July 26, 2017
Overall good. Ending was a little weak but overall good movie.
July 17, 2017
I didn't find a story line, movie was just going on. No climex, just boring. Was playing game while watching.
July 2, 2017
Funny, clever and a great performance by Meryl Streep. You couldnīt ask for more
June 30, 2017
Favorite movie of all time
Page 1 of 1947