The Expendables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Expendables Reviews

March 22, 2017
Kind of a dated story, more like from the 70s.
March 3, 2017
Enjoyable and silly, this movie has enough action star fantasy square offs to make any fan salivate. Jet Li vs Dolph Lundgren? Steve Austin vs. Stallone? etc etc. Deep. dark, and deliciously violent, the plot is hardly relevant, but everything violent is surprisingly satisfying.
February 25, 2017
The expendables, uh, I liked it, didn't do anything great, but it's kind of fine, I want to give it a 6/10 but it's not that good
February 6, 2017
The Expendables is a boring, cliched action movie that fails to live up to Die Hard or Lethal Weapon.
January 26, 2017
Un grupo de mercenarios es contratado para combatir a un gobierno dictatorial en una isla. El agente de la CIA, Church (Bruce Willis) contactarŠ con Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone) lŪder de los Expendables, quienes preprarŗn una compleja misiůn de la que saldrŠn victorosos. Divertida, y llama la atenciůn por la cantidad de famosos usados como actores: Sylverster Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Randy Couture, y Dolph Lundgren
½ January 25, 2017
Three Words, Mind Numbing Action. Stupid fun, but lacks in a coherent plot and acting is sub par from most of these legends.
December 30, 2016
Not good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
The return of Stallone and his action genre recovering the actors required from him to create the typical beats old school
November 9, 2016
Great fun to watch this unique cast!
October 16, 2016
Oct 2016 - just enough of everything, and Jason Stratham ū'?
October 16, 2016
For the most part I liked it, but, for me, the violence was a little over the top here and there. Almost too much shooting and explosions for my personal taste. Lot of bangs.

The coming together of some great classic action heroes was fun to see. The meeting in a church of 3 big action heroes with long successful careers is a classic moment.

The bad guys are despicably bad. A girl needs saving. A bunch of classic heroes get their fair share of badass action fighting scenes. Bad guys pay their dues.

One thing I didn't like, and this is just me, was too much blanket firing and big explosions, where I didn't feel sure that people who deserved to live weren't going down in some of that fire.

Some of those soldiers may have had no choice but to work for an evil dictator. Just a thought.
½ August 22, 2016
The Expendables does a mediocre job in action scenes, and even a much worse job in storytelling. However, it is still entertaining for a mindless action movie.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Incredible film I loved every minute of it, One of my favorite action films to date, Some good gory kills, One of the strongest casts ever in an action film and the action itself was amazing, The humour tops it off to make it the perfect action film.
July 27, 2016
It's really really badly written, and feels like a straight-to-DVD action flick. And despite what some die hard 80's action fanboys say, that's really not a good thing.
July 21, 2016
La acci√¬≥n me pareci√¬≥ bien hecha, la idea de juntar todos estos actores me gust√¬≥ mucho aunque me decepcion√≥ que Arnold s√≥lo estuviera en una escena. Hab√≠an partes que no encontraba sentido y me era dif√≠cil conectarlas con otras.
½ July 18, 2016
Good movie full of violence and humor but just not as good as it should with this cast the second one triumphs over this any day
June 29, 2016
A guy movie I actually want to see
June 13, 2016
Enjoyable, great seeing this amazing cast, proving they still got it.
½ June 12, 2016
Stallone rounds up (and rounds out) a cast of retirees from the old-folks home and then explosions happen. Lots & lots of over the top explosions. Some of the acting feels as though it is delivered in the tone of "you should just be happy you're getting to see me on the screen again" - well I'm not.
May 26, 2016
A decent action movie, but nowhere near great.