The Fate of the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fate of the Furious Reviews

August 23, 2017
And speaking of incoherence and the lack of logic, we have the 8th instalment in the F&F franchise where it is pointless summarizing its inconsequential story here. Suffice to say many movie stars now come in for a bit of facetime to elevate their profiles and of course there are a tons of car chases and explosions. Vin Diesel cannot act, full stop. Dwayne Johnson fares better but it seems to be Jason Statham who is having the most fun. I literally watched it as a comedy (and rated it as such) and I laughed my head off, especially the so-called plot. As the pun in the titles gets more desperate, the end is Nine?
½ August 23, 2017
In parts it's just as overblown - if not more so - as the last few, and some of the CGI is a tad dodgy, but a lot of the action scenes are pretty awesome, and there are some great performances. I'm a fan of good-guy Deckard, and Statham is as great as ever - the sequence with him on the plane reminded me of Hard Boiled, one of my favourite action movies. Theron is a great baddie. And Dame H is hilariously brilliant as Stath's East-Ender (the C word gets bleeped - *eyeroll*) mum. More expensive cars getting trashed. More questionable macguffiny tech stuff. More gratuitous shots of women's butts hanging out of shorty-shorts. More of Tyrese shouting. Plus a bunch of tween girls doing a haka, just for something different.
August 23, 2017
Another FF movie. You know what you're getting and you'll still go see it for all its unrealistic glory
August 23, 2017
A truly awful plot, dire dialogue and scenes with absolutely zero regard for the basic laws of physics or, for that matter, human behaviour. Watching Vin Diesels' dead-eyed acting yet again drained my very life-force and pained me to the very fibre of my being. Were it not for the 2 other action stars, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, in this latest (and please God let it be the last) installment of the fast and furious franchise, I'd be giving it a zero. The fact that the long time lead protagonist is the least likable of all the bald-headed macho men in the film speaks volumes. I was actually rooting against him throughout the film. The sappy "nothing is more important than family" sentiment that made up 95% of the films dialogue and yet again brought another arduous 2hr fast and furious film to a conclusion broke me inside. I was screaming for them not to say it. "End it any other way! We get it! You've said it 1000 times! Please no more! Leave us be!" But they said it and I wept. My only hope is that nothing more is made of the franchise, unless it is a spin off centred around Johnson & Statham, who each deserved 1 star for their troubles.
August 21, 2017
Decent action movie. The F&F movies are (and have been) getting a little too over the top to me. I wish they would have involved Paul Walkers character a little more then they did. Wonder what's next for it??
August 21, 2017
gooooood­???­???­???­???­???­???
August 20, 2017
Wow!!! just a spectacle and amazing cast, acting, special effects, and thrilling that made flip out of my seat!!! (in IMAX 3D) this is much as great as i enjoyed from the fast and furious franchise.
½ August 19, 2017
The series is worthless now... Terrible. No other words need to be said.
½ August 19, 2017
Fate of the Furious brings its audience a new chapter to the franchise even if it has a cliched twist and a thin antagonist. The action sequences will keep you entertained but this is a giant example of the biggest cliche of films nowadays: good guy gone bad
½ August 18, 2017
Fast + Eight = Fate

We all miss Paul Walker here, but the franchise has grown bigger with more new casts from a couple of previous installments and with this, still counting. Yes, it marks the arrival of Jason Stathom as hinted at the end of the previous part, as well as Charlize Theron in the negative role. And guest appearance of veteran actors. This is where the bald guys rule. One of the most unique franchise.

This is the costliest film in the series, but did not earn as much as 'Fast 7' did. At least it stands second out of the eight. Now the billion dollar club becoming normal. The best thing about this series is, the race days are over. It's now more a cop-thief kind of cat- mouse action-adventure game that moves all around the globe. It opened in Cuba with a small race, which is what it's known for, but soon falls back to the manhunt.

Yep, Toretto abandons his family and disappears. Soon he'll be found on the wrong side of the battle between the security/secret agency and the international criminal gang. Now it is the clash within the family that involves outsiders too. A new recruit, Deckard Shaw joins the team, alongside Scott Eastwood as Little Nobody. Finding what they're up to and striking them to avert their plans are followed in the remaining film.

The original films had awesome automobile stunts, but what was missing is the fist fight, which came to life with more masculinely since Dwayne Johnson's entry. Now add Stathan as well to it. I hope he stays in the series, rather just for one film as a guest appearance. The regular cast was good as always. The story had a small twist, but mostly predictable. A good film compared to a few earlier films, otherwise a decent watch. Now its time to wait for Fast 9 or is it called Fine!

7/10
½ August 16, 2017
From the sublime (Havana's Malecˇn) to the ridiculous (Siberian Icepack).
August 16, 2017
Fun but hard to swallow.
½ August 14, 2017
Intense, fast-paced, and even funnier that most of the franchise, The Fate of the Furious is a Nos-fueled thrill ride that grabs you and never lets go. The cast is as great as ever, and I laughed out loud more times than I can count. This franchise will definitely be around for a long time.
August 13, 2017
The last one left a bad taste in my mouth
August 13, 2017
Very exaggerated and over the top at times, but that is to be expected now from the eight instalment in the fast and the Furious franchise. Having sad that if you turn off your brain and Buckle up for the ride it can be an enjoyable 2 hours in the cinema. Just do not expect anything to make much sense afterword's.
½ August 13, 2017
The eighth film has enlarged pretty much almost everything that ignited then fueled the franchise's motor: the stunts and action, visual effects, drama, the meaning of family and performances, and the stakes. While some of those were very pleasant, the enlargement of the few others, namely the higher stakes, drama and visual effects, proved to be too much for a regular viewing of the films when the destruction is far-fetched and mindless (a callback to DCEU's Superman films). The twists and turns in the rising stakes actually put you on the edge of your seat as a feeling and that would usually be a nice quality, which it is in some level, but still overwhelming. As of result, it surprisingly went back to how the first four films ended up with, even though its desires is the same as the sixth film. (B)

(Full review TBD)
August 12, 2017
Crazy....But Love the cars!!
August 12, 2017
My favorite in this franchise. Kick butt movie! When's the next one coming out?!
August 12, 2017
Big, dumb, so so dumb. Still it was entertaining and fun. The baby is great. They need to stop making these.