The Fate of the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fate of the Furious Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
Might be the dumbest of the franchise to date, and if nothing else, that's an achievement. More importantly, Fate of the Furious continues the tradition that the series has upheld since all the way back in the... half-way point: Fast 5. That was when these movies actually got bearable, and Fate of the Furious delivers on the promise of that fun.
June 23, 2017
For what it is, it's damn good.
June 23, 2017
only because Paul wasn't in it
June 22, 2017
excellence is at hand! i admire the diversity, embrace, and antagonist. homage for our missing protagonist -- Brian O'Conner -- was dealt with smoothly. lets just say the franchise still has NOS!
June 22, 2017
Positives:  Charlize Theron is a good villain, the pace never boggs down, it serves its purpose to the fullest in terms of no-brainer-popcorn fun, and it's visually good.  Negatives: it's uber repetitive in terms of comic relief, over-the-top action, soundtrack, and family themes.  Also, it's way too damn long, exhauatingly so to be honest.  This did not under any circumstances need to be 2+ hours.  I was marginally less annoyed with this entry compared to its predecessor, but then again, I felt pretty indifferent for the vast majority of this ones runtime.  Verdict?  Fate of the Furious is disposable "entertainment."
June 22, 2017
Not amazing, but cool. I liked this Fast least in the series.
½ June 22, 2017
not the same without paul walker
June 21, 2017
I want to see this movie so bad
June 21, 2017
Good movie, could've been a little more but overall good movie
June 21, 2017
They did a really good job, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Looking forward to seeing if they come out with more.
June 21, 2017
I don't know how they keep bringing it but they do. Diverse cast with another action packed movie.
½ June 21, 2017
This franchise is making it self more and more unrealistic and when comparing it to the original just a parody of it use to be. from the start to finish this film was just rubbish. Within first 3 minutes Dom's car would have exploded, stalled and broke apart. Then we see how street racer are now suddenly the worlds most elite hackers, fighters and tacticians on world stage. They out fight, out shoot and hack their way through whole organisation, and armies of other countries. I can not believe that a franchise as this has gone so far downhill. But worst part of it is that "you as the audience are happy with that and are justifying these films, by saying that they do not need to make sense as they are for entertainment purpose" but so was the first one, but it was still real. So was home alone, but it was grounded, so was rocky or even bullit. When you stop praising and supporting films, that do not care for the art of story telling, that contradict they own laws, then you will force studios to make good films again, and not this crap
½ June 21, 2017
I can't wait for the aliens to show up in the next movie!
½ June 20, 2017
I am glad that The Fate of the Furious is trying to go back to its old roots
Solid Good Movie
½ June 20, 2017
I enjoyed all the action but it's got to the point where it no longer makes sense. lol
½ June 20, 2017
A very entertaining film that is constant action and entertainment. I cannot see how someone would not enjoy this movie.
June 20, 2017
I watched he fast and the furious from the beginning. Amazing long time movie series. RIP Paul????
June 20, 2017
Great movie , always the same style of a Fast and Furious movies.
½ June 20, 2017
Here is a movie that should be good merely on the merit of entertainment and fun, but is so poorly written, directed, and pieced together that it is hard to argue just for its credentials as an action movie. It stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Charlize Theron, and Michelle Rodriguez, and is about Don (Vin Diesel) being forced by a mysterious woman holding his son hostage to turn against his team. I'm not going to delve further into the plot; it is so silly and stupid that that would be pointless.
Of course, people don't go to these movies for solid plotlines and meaningful characterizations; they go for the action and fun, which was all I was really looking for. Unfortunately, this movie can't even deliver in that realm; we get three main action sequences, and that's it - an opening race, a scene where all the cars in New York City are taken control of, and a final chase over ice. Yes, there's a few others sprinkled in there, but those were the only three that were actually entertaining. The problem is that the action is way too far and few between for a movie that should really focus solely on action; in place of cool over-the-top thrills, the movie tries to take itself seriously and delve into its silly plot with an actual attempt at legitimacy. Why!?!? That's not what I came here to see! I came to see dozens cars driving out of buildings and crashing into city streets, cars chases over ice with a submarine lurking below; I didn't come to see a stupid movie that actually thinks it's not stupid!!!
Sorry about that. The thing about this movie is that the action sequences, as few as there are, are pretty neat, but I recommend if you want to see this film to simply watch a trailer for it; all of the action and stunts without the ludicrous plot, and the action doesn't go on so long to the point of becoming tedious.
Another glaring issue with this film is the attempts at comedy. Yikes. I didn't laugh once, and the "jokes" were more cringe-worthy than in any movie I've seen in recent memory. An example: one of the characters is driving over ice, and it begins to crack, his car slipping into the water. He yells, "I don't want to go swimming!" Yep, that's the punch line. Hilarious, right?
A movie that has terrible characters and terrible plot shouldn't spend so much time focusing on them. Get back to what matters, the cars. If you're not going to take yourself seriously, then don't take yourself seriously. Although, usually action movies that do have a level of legitimacy are better. It elevates the thrills. This is just a couple cool explosions, crashes, and stunts strung randomly together.

Rating: 2/4
½ June 20, 2017
What a piece of crap. This is by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I tried so hard to try and believe anything in this movie, or even enjoy it as a dumb movie but nope.. it couldn't happen