The Fault In Our Stars Reviews

• Nov 01, 2020

I hated it. Cliché cliché cliché cliché. Unreleatable. Trash. It's just bad.

I hated it. Cliché cliché cliché cliché. Unreleatable. Trash. It's just bad.

• Oct 18, 2020

Every time I watch the fault in our stars, I was touched by the love story of these two cancer patients. An epic romance story, makes people motivated that there is someone who is able to love us and accept what we are. This movie received many awards and deserves to be the best teen romance movie in entire history.

• Sep 23, 2020

Oh yes, such a wonderful adaptation of the amazing book! This has got to be one of my favorite movies ever. I adore Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley, and thought they thoroughly did the book justice!! Definitely not a movie for kids or even young teens, but it is so worth the wait. <3

• Aug 23, 2020

What's this? A romantic drama that isn't sickeningly sappy or downright manipulative? How can this be? Okay fine, it isn't above some of those cliches usually reserved for Nicholas Sparks adaptations, most egregiously making out in places where its inappropriate but The Fault in Our Stars otherwise has little fault. The actors share great romantic chemistry, all Divergent-themed incest jokes aside, there are well-balanced moments of comedy and drama and the screenplay does a good job doing its own spin on the romantic cliches. Not always but just enough for it to stand out. A great romance movie that does a good job dealing with the themes of life and death. Who said romantic dramas had to be melodramatic all the time to appeal to the fairer sex? And heterosexual males can find a lot that' good about this movie too!

• Aug 23, 2020

This movie is OKAY Okay? OKAY

This movie is OKAY Okay? OKAY

• Aug 09, 2020

A great feel-good movie! Absolutely a must-see

A great feel-good movie! Absolutely a must-see

• Jun 17, 2020

The Fault in our Stars, originally written by John Green, was directed by Josh Boone, who has no credentials, and is basically a no name. With that being said, he made a very appealing film, that thankfully missed the cliché moments. This story is very meaningful, backed up with a witty and powerful script, that tugs on the heart strings more than a few times. The story partially narrated by Shailene Woodley added this deep feeling, that helped engage the audience. The lead characters in Shailene Woodley & Ansel Elgort (a fellow New York Knick fan) had this great, emotional chemistry, that sold me from the first scene they met. Their character development individually, and together was one of the best I've seen in a romantic movie. Both of their acting was oscar nomination worthy. All of the supportive characters were nothing but plot devices, but everyone was pretty good; We didn't just get some annoying friends or side characters, like usual. Overall, this movie may have not been as good as the book, but Boone did a damn good job putting it on the big screen.

• May 09, 2020

This was one of the best Love stories I have ever seen... Period. everything was well done and executed beautifully.

• May 02, 2020

Het is geen vrolijk onderwerp, maar ondanks dat kan er af en toe nog een lach vanaf. Baby Driver en Woodley vormen een leuk stel

• Apr 30, 2020

I think most people have heard enough about The Fault in Our Stars to know what they are getting into. So, making complaints about the way it manipulated me emotionally seems a bit foolish. Yes, it is a tearjerker, much like any movie that deals with cancer and death. I expected to cry a number of times with this film, and I did. That’s neither a good thing nor a bad thing, because it’s what I anticipated, the only thing I was hoping for was that I’d get something else I didn’t expect. This kind of heavy romantic drama can utilize a lot of clichés, and I was hoping this one was beloved because it broke the mold a bit. In some ways it did, I was particularly pleased that they didn’t fall into the trope of the jealous and controlling parents who don’t approve of their daughter’s romantic relationship. Instead they were kind and loving parents who merely wanted what was best for their daughter. There’s another somewhat unexpected element to the story, but I’d rather not discuss that in case someone reading this plans on seeing the film someday. I think where The Fault in Our Stars disappointed me, though, was in the plotline of the author. I won’t go into too much detail, but a lot of weight is put on a particular book in the film, and there are some interactions with the author of that book which I found to be a frustrating cliché. It feels like a cheap plot construction merely to get the main character to face her fears, instead of a useful part of the story. Aside from that, I can’t criticize too much about The Fault in Our Stars, but I also can’t say it’s all that enjoyable to watch. I suppose if you’re in the mood for a therapeutic cry, then this might be the film that could accomplish that for you, but watching teens suffering with cancer and facing their inevitable death isn’t my idea of a good time.