The Favourite Reviews

• 6d ago

Strange quirky style and story of ambition, treachery and frailty. Emma Stone is fantastic as Abigail. Good character acting and beautiful design and costumes.

• Sep 08, 2019

Frame-by-Frame visual precision - pause at any moment in this film and it could stand alone as a piece of art. Riveting lead performances by Olivia Coleman and Rachel Weisz, flawless costume and sets. Subtle and underrated performance by Nicholas Hoult as Harley. Performance by Emma Stone lacked presence, at times her doe-eyed gaze fell flat, tainting the perfect scene with imperfection.

• Sep 07, 2019

Too long; not very engaging

Too long; not very engaging

• Sep 04, 2019

Actors were great but topic was lame and weird.

Actors were great but topic was lame and weird.

• Sep 04, 2019

8 7 7 8 7 9 8 8 7 8 = 77

8 7 7 8 7 9 8 8 7 8 = 77

• Jared
    Sep 02, 2019

Yorgos Lanthimos has made two back to back masterpieces.

Yorgos Lanthimos has made two back to back masterpieces.

• Aug 31, 2019

Absolutely brilliant and compelling movie with great performances by the three leading actresses. The pace and the looks of the film (costumes, art direction, sets, etc.) reminded me of Kubrick's Barry Lyndon. Best film of 2018!

• Aug 31, 2019

For the setting it has a lot more entertainment value than you would first think. I definitely enjoyed it and will watch again. The entire movie is well acted and humorous.

• Aug 30, 2019

After finally being able to see the movie, I would say it is goofy underlined with insanity and personal hell. With so little, much was accomplished through shear acting, script and music. I found myself emotionally entangled between humor and emotional confusion as each character fell into their own rabbit hole till the very end. Always chasing the rabbit never able to reach it.

• Aug 25, 2019

Emma Stone should have won an Oscar for this, not Olivia Colman. And the generous use of wide-angle lenses in this film... Ah!