The Girl on the Train Reviews

• 5d ago

Strangely uneven, considering its premise and story line, and while the source material isn't as solid as thought, plenty of the opportunity this flick had to improve is wasted on confusing progression, attached to messy editing and dull direction, wasting the presence of A+ cast members, specially lead role Emily Blunt, whose presence lacks the grappling hook of her previous works, giving the actual appeal to Rebecca Ferguson's performance in a film too small for her.

• 5d ago

• Jun 05, 2019

The Girl on the Train, the 2016 film, was undeserving of it's bad reviews if these reviews are based on the movies accuracy to the book. Nonetheless, it was made evidently clear that these reviews are based solely of the acting and plot of the movie. In regards to the accuracy of the movie, it is fairly spot on except for the MAJOR inaccuracy which is the main character's depiction. Instead of the plump, unattractive main, Rachel, we are given a classically attractive actress, EMILY freaking BLUNT. I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense, none at all. Emily did a great job with the role however, she played the part of the drunk really well and is just as creepy as Rachel seemed in the book. As for the primary issue people took with this film, the plot, I agree with it's far fetched nature, but I don't think it should be held against the film since that is the work of Paula Hawkins writing. The Girl on the Train is similar to Hawkins' other novels in this real since she tends to right extremely unrealistic modern mysteries. Although one should ask themselves before purchasing a ticket to any movie in this genre, what are murder mysteries if not unrealistic. I suppose some boring ones with money as the motive are realistic, but then again those are the boring ones. I did thoroughly enjoy the plot of of the book though. The main character was dislikable, a quality of Hawkins' writing that is a little unconventional, and her narration was made unreliable by her mental state and drinking problem. This made for even mystery because as readers and viewers we did not know who's sequence of events to trust. Like most murder mysteries this one ended with a twist, except I must say what and exceptional twist! Still not over Tom turning out to be the crazy one, oh how the tables turned. As for the conclusion I was thankful the movie stayed true to the book and Anna came through with the assist for Rachel in killing her husband. Anyway, this movie if being compared to the book was good (except for the major plot hole that is Emily Blunt), but I can understand the issues with the unrealistic plot, except for that it's how the book was written, so I don't know how the film critics expected the movie to get around that.

• May 04, 2019

Not sure why it gets poor audience reviews. It was well acted and a convincing who done it.

• May 01, 2019

Despite all the negative reviews, I found this movie to be great! It is a suspenseful movie which goes well beyond what it appears to be. It goes from a drama-based lovestory to quite an interesting thriller.

• Apr 13, 2019

It took me quite a long time to get into this movie. It has a rather slow build up. But it is worth to go through. Do you know Gillian Flynn? Well, if you love her you most certainly are going to love this movie. It's the same type of thriller, filled with wonderful twists and turns you never expected, and then when you're at the very end of the movie and everything falls into place, ugh that's so good. I love that part. Let me start this part by saying how absolutely amazing Emily Blunt her acting was. I think this is one of the best parts I have seen her play. Very well done. Rebecca Ferguson was so good as well, I really disliked her character. (that's a good thing) (to be honest, I was pretty sure her character killed Megan) I could name all the other actors as well, but the acting was in general pretty great. One more thing I want to say: Haley Bennett has a very pretty face. I really enjoyed The Girl on the Train. I could understand though if some people don't because it starts out kind of vague (my parents didn't like it at all so we stopped at 20 minutes and I finished it by myself, ha). I can safely tell you, it's worth going through. This is a movie which makes you filled with speculations and excitement to find out what actually happened.

• Apr 11, 2019

Enjoyed the book, but the movie was terrible!

Enjoyed the book, but the movie was terrible!

• Apr 08, 2019

Thats a fashion conflict? Solve problems with words, try to find compatable dates to avoid fashion drama an dull color syndrom, with bizzar color lables.

• Apr 02, 2019

I already read the book. After that I Whatch the movie and was awsame, it's like flashes in my brain remember reading the book

• Mar 30, 2019

This is definitely not as good as the book. It's pretty boring actually, especially in the first half. I was confused too: the book was set in London. Emily Blunt's character here is British but the rest are American and it's set in New York. It's not a bad movie, but read the book instead.