The Golem Reviews

• 11h ago

Fun European folk horror, competently directed, acted, and scripted. The CGI is cartoon-y, but didn't take me out of the story as it did in Let Me In.

• 6d ago

aburrida de inicio a fin, para que no me guste una pelicula se nesesita, pero esta fue una perdida de dinero, mas escenas en camara lenta que cualquier otra.

• Aug 14, 2019

Amazing movie! Beautifully shot and brutally graphic at times with a sad story at its core.

• Aug 12, 2019

Loved this at Frightfest as I'm a fan of the directors' previous film Jeruzalem and wasn't disappointed!

• Aug 04, 2019

this movie was so stupid.

this movie was so stupid.

• Jul 28, 2019

I really enjoyed "The Golem". I found it interesting that the period in time, and place where the story takes place. Are rarely seen in dramas or, in this case, a "horror film". I really don't think of this film, as being the classic horror film. I think of it as supernatural film, that has a solid base in Easter European and Jewish history. I think the acting is good, the authentic looking environment, is well done, and the plot is particularly interesting. This is a really good production, and better than most in the genre.

• Jul 26, 2019

Type of movie that is seen before the featuring at a drive in. Not that bad but not that good,very forgettable. Acting okay everything else you've seen before.

• Jul 25, 2019

Super slow. Social engineering. Too simple plot.

Super slow. Social engineering. Too simple plot.

• Jul 18, 2019

This movie is less about jumpscares and more about atmospheric maternity and dealing with loss. I feel like its much better to look at this movie from a Jewish folklore perspective. There's a definite theme of chaos and mistrust between the sects of people which paints a dark place where even summoning an ancient evil feels like the only choice left.

• Jul 16, 2019

People need to stop rating movies better just because they didn't have a budget. This movie was terrible. Total waste of time.