The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia Reviews

August 16, 2017
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
August 9, 2017
More nauseating than frightening, this is a hodgepodge of ill-conceived events that ultimately add up to a fairly incoherent tale. Claiming a true-story basis, in the end, the only real murder seems to be the script itself.
½ May 23, 2017
Its not even remotely connected to the first movie and isn't in Connecticut. Its basically one big cliche B movie. Mediocre acting, easy jump scares. It does have a pretty good emotional tie up at the end and an interesting twist.
½ May 6, 2017
Very underrated horror film. It has such a solid story to it and the performances are top notch, especially Spencer, Murray and Aly Lind's. The atmosphere is eerie, the effects are up to par, and it gave me chills quite a few times, genuine chills! Deserves more credit.
May 1, 2016
Defiantly not related to the first film... Not even the same state.. So that's weird. Supposing based on a true story, which is somewhat believable TOO A POINT. Nothing scary about this movie though.
March 7, 2016
Really awesome creepy true ghost stories always are
½ February 1, 2016
I thought this turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. It wasn't as scary as the first one, but it was still just as creepy.
½ January 8, 2016
couldn't give negative rating. moshar kamor was more scarier.
½ November 6, 2015
Apart from a few kinda creepy moments, I wasn't scared or intrigued at all. The acting was pretty weak, the story was boring and it just dragged.
October 24, 2015
I got a great idea! Let's change the title of the movie since at first glance, you would think that this film takes place in Connecticut. And you will be quickly sadly mistaken. This 2nd and final till this date outing of the small duology franchise shares the same irritating key elements of other supernatural films. A bunch of spirits inhabiting the land teleporting in and out, staring, pointing fingers in random locations, making sound effects and only speaking to one character but you don't hear the dialogue or see the entity.

It was excessive with the spirits. Same generic stuff like things happening at night. Doors and windows making noises. The mom has issues, trying to suppress feelings and visions that she blatantly see with Rx drugs that do nothing. The film is very boring and very slow. The dog barely plays any part of this film, unlike most supernatural films where they help to explain the entity. The plot is pretty meh, I guess it has to be this way. Can't have a bunch of spirits without the one who screws up everything.

The film is based on a true story. But it takes place in Atlanta and not Connecticut. If you see artifacts during the film and you feel there is some heavy symbolism involved with them, again you would be sadly mistaken.
½ September 20, 2015
This pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with generic horror. Trys to scare you from the opening scene and throws monsters and spooky faces at you for an hour and a half. Not scary in the least and the story seemed pinned together page by page. The only good and disturbing scene involved Katee Sackhoff (oh it is a long fall from BSH!). A completely wasted opportunity as the outline story for the movie isn't bad. A waste of time, money and effort!
August 2, 2015
Surprisingly good movie!
July 26, 2015
Same old shit. And honestly, I dun give a f*** no more whether it was 'based on true events' or not.
July 14, 2015
Oddly enough, I found this to be pretty good! and scary! I was scared out of my mind even the second time I watched it
½ June 19, 2015
It's all been done before not going to watch again
June 18, 2015
I really liked this. Good, old-fashioned ghost stories are my favorite. I figured out the twist pretty fast, but I didn't care. it was creepy enough, and compelling enough that I was riveted. it delivers on all you want from a film like this.
½ May 25, 2015
Not a bad horror movie. The special effects are creepy enough, though there is really no blood or gore. There are no scares here, but there is an interesting story with decent performances by Abigail Spencer and Katee Sackhoff. A bit deeper than most horror movies, this actually has a plot and resolution not really leaving it open to another sequel. I was surprisingly pleased.
½ February 13, 2015
It was an okay movie but I thought the first one was a better movie