The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia Reviews

May 1, 2016
Defiantly not related to the first film... Not even the same state.. So that's weird. Supposing based on a true story, which is somewhat believable TOO A POINT. Nothing scary about this movie though.
March 7, 2016
Really awesome creepy true ghost stories always are
½ February 1, 2016
I thought this turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. It wasn't as scary as the first one, but it was still just as creepy.
½ January 8, 2016
couldn't give negative rating. moshar kamor was more scarier.
½ November 6, 2015
Apart from a few kinda creepy moments, I wasn't scared or intrigued at all. The acting was pretty weak, the story was boring and it just dragged.
October 24, 2015
I got a great idea! Let's change the title of the movie since at first glance, you would think that this film takes place in Connecticut. And you will be quickly sadly mistaken. This 2nd and final till this date outing of the small duology franchise shares the same irritating key elements of other supernatural films. A bunch of spirits inhabiting the land teleporting in and out, staring, pointing fingers in random locations, making sound effects and only speaking to one character but you don't hear the dialogue or see the entity.

It was excessive with the spirits. Same generic stuff like things happening at night. Doors and windows making noises. The mom has issues, trying to suppress feelings and visions that she blatantly see with Rx drugs that do nothing. The film is very boring and very slow. The dog barely plays any part of this film, unlike most supernatural films where they help to explain the entity. The plot is pretty meh, I guess it has to be this way. Can't have a bunch of spirits without the one who screws up everything.

The film is based on a true story. But it takes place in Atlanta and not Connecticut. If you see artifacts during the film and you feel there is some heavy symbolism involved with them, again you would be sadly mistaken.
½ September 20, 2015
This pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with generic horror. Trys to scare you from the opening scene and throws monsters and spooky faces at you for an hour and a half. Not scary in the least and the story seemed pinned together page by page. The only good and disturbing scene involved Katee Sackhoff (oh it is a long fall from BSH!). A completely wasted opportunity as the outline story for the movie isn't bad. A waste of time, money and effort!
August 2, 2015
Surprisingly good movie!
July 26, 2015
Same old shit. And honestly, I dun give a f*** no more whether it was 'based on true events' or not.
July 14, 2015
Oddly enough, I found this to be pretty good! and scary! I was scared out of my mind even the second time I watched it
½ June 19, 2015
It's all been done before not going to watch again
June 18, 2015
I really liked this. Good, old-fashioned ghost stories are my favorite. I figured out the twist pretty fast, but I didn't care. it was creepy enough, and compelling enough that I was riveted. it delivers on all you want from a film like this.
½ May 25, 2015
Not a bad horror movie. The special effects are creepy enough, though there is really no blood or gore. There are no scares here, but there is an interesting story with decent performances by Abigail Spencer and Katee Sackhoff. A bit deeper than most horror movies, this actually has a plot and resolution not really leaving it open to another sequel. I was surprisingly pleased.
½ February 13, 2015
It was an okay movie but I thought the first one was a better movie
January 24, 2015
Surprised by the low ratings. This was well done, not hoakey at all.
½ January 12, 2015
What started as a quite run of the mill horror movie with a lot of boring jump scares and faces popping out at you everywhere turned into something rare in horror films these days - a fairly decent storyline. The actors do their best with the crappy parts written and the filmmakers are clearly trying to make the jumpy scares work without really building any tension - but the storyline about the Underground railroad in Georgia and the people on both sides of the good/bad line is quite a compelling one. This is the only reason the movie gets 2 1/2 stars.
½ November 30, 2014
At least the first one was unintentionally funny. This was just boring and clich├ęd.
½ November 28, 2014
"I SEE DEAD SLAVES"

- 'The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia' is a 2013 paranormal horror film directed by Tom Elkins. The film has no reference to the first film from 2009. Its plot was inspired by the 'true' events surrounding the Wyrick house. As a horror-fan, I felt disappointed by the film. The scares were predictable, as was the storyline. I did like the needle and thread scene in the caravan. Starring Abigail Spencer (Oz the Great and Powerful, Cowboys & Aliens), Chad Michael Murray (House of Wax, Freaky Friday), Emily Alyn Lind (J. Edgar, Movie 43) and Katee Sackhoff (Oculus, Riddick). "Seeing ghosts in your backyard?"

As Andy (Murray) and Lisa (Spencer) Wyrick settle in their new historic home in a desolate Georgia wood, their daughter Heidi (Lind) starts to have conversations with a man she calls 'mr. Gordy'. Lisa thinks Heidi has an imaginary friend, but Lisa's sister Joyce (Sackhoff), who is living in a caravan nearby, is sure that her niece is seeing a ghost. All women in the family have the gift of seeing the dead. When doing some research, the family discovers that their land was once a refuge place for runaway slaves...