The Inbetweeners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Inbetweeners Reviews

½ August 2, 2017
It's hard to rate a film that is essentially a really long episode of one of the best British comedies I've ever seen, but after watching this there is an overall feeling of joy and love for these characters.
May 29, 2017
Hilarious film. Over the top but very reminiscent of British school life. A carry on version of the History Boys. Ignore the high brow but low comments of the stuck up critics. This film has me laughing all the way through.
March 23, 2017
Just the right ratio of crass, adolescent humour to genuine belly-laughs.
December 2, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Effectively a 'Rom-com for guys,' this film will have you laughing and (perhaps worryingly) getting attached to the characters. 'The Imbetweeners Movie,' manages to play to the strengths of the TV franchise, whilst giving it an ok story to allow the characters to develop.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Like any old average rom-com, nothing stands out for being particularly great. It'll while away a few hours, but you wont really get overly emotionally involved, or as hysterical as you might find yourself during a TV show. In fact, the humor is forced here, and that's a big problem.
VERDICT: It's fun and not as bad as you might think. but it's not that great either.
October 19, 2016
"This girl's so wet for me I can hear the waves breaking in her fanny " - Jay Cartwright #Legend
½ October 19, 2016
"The Inbetweeners Movie" isn't as good as the comedic masterpiece TV-show it's based on and that's because of it's pretty generic premise. But for the most part it's able to capture the spirit which made the show so brilliant. The characters are just as great as they were on TV. Overall "The Inbetweeners Movie" is a really fun ride and that's why I definitely recommend it.

9/10 - Great
September 2, 2016
If watching a trailer or reading a synopsis of this film gives any hope for potential, even in goofy comedic way, do not get your hopes up. It is the same film we have seen hundreds of times. From start to finish it is an annoying cliche with nothing original to the jokes except British accent's blurting them out. The plot is predictable, unoriginal and down right idiotic. I hoped never to see another spring break style film about virgins trying to get laid, this film is exactly that and even less humorous than it's predecessors. The conversations between the characters become head ache providing annoyances and the narration is just as pointless. Unbearable and was just about not possible to finish.
½ August 10, 2016
It wasn't as good as the show. Hopefully the next one is better
½ July 20, 2016
I was talked into watching one of these TV epidsodes by my little brother who loves it. I swore never to watch another one afterwards, yet I found myself watching the movie. I guess I wondered if I missed something the first time round. This is British comedy at it's worst, almost. I guess it appeals to the large quantity of brain-dead lads that we have specialised in creating in Britain.I suppose as the British have excelled at making excellent comedies for intelectuals it left a gap in the market which this fills quite nicely. The script is cringe-worthy and full of ill-placed sex jokes. It's quite embarrassing really. Once you get numb to this, then a sort of holiday story emerges which is just about bearable. I guess this is so sad because it's so realistic.
July 10, 2016
I guess it helps to have seen the TV show first to appreciate the humor of the movie more. Hilariously funny, loved it.
½ May 28, 2016
I'm unfamiliar with the TV series this film springs from but after watching this unlikable foursome's transition to the big screen I can only count myself as lucky. If suicide's something you're offhandedly considering screening this will surely close the negotiations.
May 1, 2016
It's good entertainment for what it is- completely juvenile humour with a dash of realism, because that's what boys are really like in resort destinations! It's fun and has some genuine laugh out loud moments but other than that it's a bit too silly for me. Good for a bit of escapism into the ridiculous!
March 20, 2016
Boring, unfunny, and frustrating to watch. It also feels as if it's three hours long despite only running half that.
½ February 21, 2016
I've never really found the inbetweeners that funny. The problem with the comedy is that its just quite repetitive and predictable. I certainly won't remember it but it does have a few good laughs
February 20, 2016
Surprisingly, unlike the television show this has absolutely nothing new or interesting to add to the plethora of teenage holiday comedies. It might as well be Kevin and Perry 2.
½ February 5, 2016
Truly terrible. Didn't laugh once.
jamrcla
½ January 29, 2016
A really funny film, Loved every minute of it even if you're not a lover of the show you will find it funny, A must watch film.
½ January 4, 2016
Gross, awkward and embarrassing; everything expected for a fitting send off for the lads.
December 20, 2015
Hilarious and fitting big screen adaptation/return from our old buffoonish mates.
December 10, 2015
considering its a bunch of no names they do a very good job its a cliche story yet some original humor makes it worth the watch