The Inbetweeners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Inbetweeners Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
I was talked into watching one of these TV epidsodes by my little brother who loves it. I swore never to watch another one afterwards, yet I found myself watching the movie. I guess I wondered if I missed something the first time round. This is British comedy at it's worst, almost. I guess it appeals to the large quantity of brain-dead lads that we have specialised in creating in Britain.I suppose as the British have excelled at making excellent comedies for intelectuals it left a gap in the market which this fills quite nicely. The script is cringe-worthy and full of ill-placed sex jokes. It's quite embarrassing really. Once you get numb to this, then a sort of holiday story emerges which is just about bearable. I guess this is so sad because it's so realistic.
July 10, 2016
I guess it helps to have seen the TV show first to appreciate the humor of the movie more. Hilariously funny, loved it.
½ May 28, 2016
I'm unfamiliar with the TV series this film springs from but after watching this unlikable foursome's transition to the big screen I can only count myself as lucky. If suicide's something you're offhandedly considering screening this will surely close the negotiations.
May 1, 2016
It's good entertainment for what it is- completely juvenile humour with a dash of realism, because that's what boys are really like in resort destinations! It's fun and has some genuine laugh out loud moments but other than that it's a bit too silly for me. Good for a bit of escapism into the ridiculous!
March 20, 2016
Boring, unfunny, and frustrating to watch. It also feels as if it's three hours long despite only running half that.
February 27, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Effectively a 'Rom-com for guys,' this film will have you laughing and (perhaps worryingly) getting attached to the characters. 'The Imbetweeners Movie,' manages to play to the strengths of the TV franchise, whilst giving it an ok story to allow the characters to develop.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Like any old average rom-com, nothing stands out for being particularly great. It'll while away a few hours, but you wont really get overly emotionally involved, or as hysterical as you might find yourself during a TV show. The humor is forced here, though, and that's it's main problem.
VERDICT: It's fun and not as bad as you might think. but it's not that great either.
½ February 21, 2016
I've never really found the inbetweeners that funny. The problem with the comedy is that its just quite repetitive and predictable. I certainly won't remember it but it does have a few good laughs
February 20, 2016
Surprisingly, unlike the television show this has absolutely nothing new or interesting to add to the plethora of teenage holiday comedies. It might as well be Kevin and Perry 2.
½ February 5, 2016
Truly terrible. Didn't laugh once.
½ January 29, 2016
A really funny film, Loved every minute of it even if you're not a lover of the show you will find it funny, A must watch film.
½ January 4, 2016
Gross, awkward and embarrassing; everything expected for a fitting send off for the lads.
December 20, 2015
Hilarious and fitting big screen adaptation/return from our old buffoonish mates.
December 10, 2015
considering its a bunch of no names they do a very good job its a cliche story yet some original humor makes it worth the watch
½ November 24, 2015
I watched a couples of episodes of the TV series and when it was announced that they were making a movie I thought it would be good. I don't think this is as good as the tv series but I would recommend this movie because I had a good time watching it, I expected more from such a talented cast, and there where not that many movies scenes where I laughed. I would highly recommend this movie to friends who want to watch something on a Friday or Saturday night before going out.
½ November 21, 2015
The Inbetweeners was a British tv show about a group of four friends who do stupid things. This movie version of that show was funny and surprisingly featured a good amount of heart and characters you actually care for and want to see succeed. I have never seen the tv show but because of the laughs I got in this film I may go back and start watching it. Some of the comedy is raunchy but most of it is smart and it never goes over the top. The 4 guys each stand out on their own and they are all lovable nerds who you feel bad for, yet at the same time enjoy watching on screen. There are plenty of awkward moments where you almost want to turn away from the screen because its painful. It stays pretty funny throughout and the ending is a feel good one that is very satisfying. British comedy is not much different then american comedy, the only change is in the accents. If you like Superbad or any of those teen type movies, you should find Inbetweeners to be a fun, enjoyable time.
½ November 11, 2015
The critics didn't like this movie, the audience seemed to like it, I agree with the critics on this one! The Inbetweeners tries to be a combination of American Pie and The Hangover movies but it just falls short. It's not a bad movie but it is average overall. With that said, it did have some good parts and yes some of the parts were funny but it lacked continuity & it needed better actors to take it to the next level. 5/10 or 2.5/5
½ October 17, 2015
Quite Good To Be Honest
½ September 12, 2015
This movie is very very funny. At the time I saw this I never watched the show but it made me want to and the show is one of the funniest I've ever seen. This is when ribaldry is used in a funny way.
September 7, 2015
One of the best new comedy efforts in ages. Once u get the characters you get the comedy
½ September 6, 2015
An excellent hilarious film about four troubled teens going to a holiday to Malia, having fun to themselves, drinking booze, dancing, meeting ladies and most likely trying to get laid with hilarious results. Just pure funny entertainment this movie is.