The Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kingdom Reviews

October 14, 2016
Good movie. Good action scenes. Characters played very well, even the minor ones.
October 7, 2016
I love this movie one of my favorite action movies starring Jamie Foxx
½ August 11, 2016
A little predictable at times, but Foxx and the supporting cast really chew up the dialogue and scenes. Berg stages some really effective action scenes. A pleasant surprise.
August 1, 2016
Good action movie with a fitting conclusion. Well executed and acted film.
July 31, 2016
Not a huge Foxx fan but I enjoyed this show.
July 28, 2016
Raw, rough and action packed. The Kingdom is a real world political thriller with no real political agenda, allowing both sides to have enough breathing room to make their point, while still bringing sharp, high octane action sequences to boot. Adding up to a solid shoot em up with something else to bring to the table then just blood and bullets.
July 22, 2016
It could have been filmed today.
½ July 15, 2016
Great movie. The story does a good job to not portray American xenophobia in its non-white characters, the action is phenomenal, the direction is strong, and the performances are great, especially Foxx, Garner and Bateman.
June 27, 2016
A word of advice, friends: if you're going to spend time on a movie set do not go see the movie.  I spent time on this movie set as it was filmed in AZ. It wasn't a bad movie.  I mean Jason Bateman (my love) was hilarious.  I just had a really hard time believing they were in Saudi Arabia.  I mean, hello, I was there!  And I swear I saw some cactus during the freeway scene.  It's funny two of the major scenes I saw filmed which took hours to film lasted maybe five minutes.  It's weird.  Surreal.  My advice, if you didn't spend time on the set go see it.  Aside from the purposeful shaky camera work it was pretty good.
½ April 29, 2016
Extremely underrated!

You'll be on the edge of your seat, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be mad, you'll be sad, you'll be proud. But most importantly you'll be very satisfied of the experience.
April 28, 2016
I went into this movie not knowing what it was about or reading much on it and I found myself getting really sucked into the whole story, Many thanks to a strong cast all who were at their best, Even though it is a pretty slow film it was never boring and the last 20 minutes even though were great and fast paced it didn't fit the whole mood of the movie, Way better than I expected and if you're into modern day war action/drama this should be near the top of your list on movies to watch.
½ March 24, 2016
The Kingdom is directed by Peter Berg, and it stars Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Chris Cooper, and Jason Bateman in an action thriller about a small FBI investigative team going to Saudi Arabia when there was a bombing attack there. I wasn't really hyped up to go see this as I felt like this isn't going to be interesting, despite the fact that it has Peter Berg as the director. I enjoyed the film, but I'm probably not going to remember much about The Kingdom. The acting is terrific in this, and the direction by Peter Berg is really good, especially with the action scenes which are the most entertaining part of the film. The characters are fine, although Jamie Foxx and Ashraf Barhom's characters are the most developed out of them all. It's nice to see that the movie addresses it out that not all of the Saudi Arabia citizens are portrayed evil, and the soundtrack by Danny Elfman is really nice and a different approach to his usuals. The script by Matthew Michael Carnahan is fine, but it was going through a formula that you seen before in other action films. I wasn't as interested as I thought was going to be from director Peter Berg, but I was mildly interested at best. The Kingdom is not one of Peter Berg's best films, but it's not Battleship, so I'm ok with that.
March 13, 2016
Dramatic message... slow screenplay
March 9, 2016
Excellent actors, action packed toward the end, painful storyline.
February 7, 2016
Great movie that discusses current time issues.2007

Watching this film 9 years later and looking at all that has happened in those years, this film is still on point with the world issues that are still transpiring today. It is gritty and griping from start to finish. Everyone should watch this film and look at the cultural context.
January 2, 2016
A very fair and diplomatic film that shows us both sides of whats going on with the world today. Good war movie, and a good cast.
The ending is very very clever.
December 30, 2015
you out of your mind if you don't think that this is a five star movie I'm talking 5 stars. brilliant, brilliant brilliant. excellent writing brilliant.
November 18, 2015
The story is actually okay but I simply am not a fan of Jamie Foxx.
October 30, 2015