The Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kingdom Reviews

March 13, 2017
Avec The Kingdom, Peter Berg parvient à mêler un thriller (pas aussi intelligent politiquement qu'il ne le pense) plutôt habile, au suspense efficace et aux twists bien dosés. Mais il parvient aussi à réaliser un film d'action prenant et époustouflant. Mieux encore, il parvient à faire de Jamie Foxx et Jennifer Garner des acteurs crédibles! The Kingdom est un bon film, solide mais malheureusement pas inoubliable, de par son implication politique qui n'en fait pas un plaidoyer pour ou contre l'intervention américaine mais une simple vitre sans aucun point de vue. Mais quelle efficacité artistique!
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 28, 2017
1/28/2017: A decent movie. A great cast, but not their typical roles. Not a good enough flick to watch multiple times though.
January 16, 2017
One of my favorite movies!!
December 19, 2016
The move builds slowly but is carried by Bateman's comedic flair and finishes with seat gripping action.
November 20, 2016
a lot of slow points but the action was pretty good when it was there
November 5, 2016
Difficult for me to understand and follow as I wasn't sure who was who but the action scenes were quite intense and well done and overall it was a very good film
October 14, 2016
Good movie. Good action scenes. Characters played very well, even the minor ones.
October 7, 2016
I love this movie one of my favorite action movies starring Jamie Foxx
½ August 11, 2016
A little predictable at times, but Foxx and the supporting cast really chew up the dialogue and scenes. Berg stages some really effective action scenes. A pleasant surprise.
August 1, 2016
Good action movie with a fitting conclusion. Well executed and acted film.
July 31, 2016
Not a huge Foxx fan but I enjoyed this show.
July 28, 2016
Raw, rough and action packed. The Kingdom is a real world political thriller with no real political agenda, allowing both sides to have enough breathing room to make their point, while still bringing sharp, high octane action sequences to boot. Adding up to a solid shoot em up with something else to bring to the table then just blood and bullets.
July 22, 2016
It could have been filmed today.
½ July 15, 2016
Great movie. The story does a good job to not portray American xenophobia in its non-white characters, the action is phenomenal, the direction is strong, and the performances are great, especially Foxx, Garner and Bateman.
June 27, 2016
A word of advice, friends: if you're going to spend time on a movie set do not go see the movie.  I spent time on this movie set as it was filmed in AZ. It wasn't a bad movie.  I mean Jason Bateman (my love) was hilarious.  I just had a really hard time believing they were in Saudi Arabia.  I mean, hello, I was there!  And I swear I saw some cactus during the freeway scene.  It's funny two of the major scenes I saw filmed which took hours to film lasted maybe five minutes.  It's weird.  Surreal.  My advice, if you didn't spend time on the set go see it.  Aside from the purposeful shaky camera work it was pretty good.
½ April 29, 2016
Extremely underrated!

You'll be on the edge of your seat, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be mad, you'll be sad, you'll be proud. But most importantly you'll be very satisfied of the experience.
jamrcla
April 28, 2016
I went into this movie not knowing what it was about or reading much on it and I found myself getting really sucked into the whole story, Many thanks to a strong cast all who were at their best, Even though it is a pretty slow film it was never boring and the last 20 minutes even though were great and fast paced it didn't fit the whole mood of the movie, Way better than I expected and if you're into modern day war action/drama this should be near the top of your list on movies to watch.
½ March 24, 2016
The Kingdom is directed by Peter Berg, and it stars Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Chris Cooper, and Jason Bateman in an action thriller about a small FBI investigative team going to Saudi Arabia when there was a bombing attack there. I wasn't really hyped up to go see this as I felt like this isn't going to be interesting, despite the fact that it has Peter Berg as the director. I enjoyed the film, but I'm probably not going to remember much about The Kingdom. The acting is terrific in this, and the direction by Peter Berg is really good, especially with the action scenes which are the most entertaining part of the film. The characters are fine, although Jamie Foxx and Ashraf Barhom's characters are the most developed out of them all. It's nice to see that the movie addresses it out that not all of the Saudi Arabia citizens are portrayed evil, and the soundtrack by Danny Elfman is really nice and a different approach to his usuals. The script by Matthew Michael Carnahan is fine, but it was going through a formula that you seen before in other action films. I wasn't as interested as I thought was going to be from director Peter Berg, but I was mildly interested at best. The Kingdom is not one of Peter Berg's best films, but it's not Battleship, so I'm ok with that.