The Lodge Reviews

• 3d ago

Slow burn and dark to the core. Minor details never seem to tie up or come together, but just ominous enough plot to keep you watching. Great cinematography, bad sound & score- decent acting. Worth a watch

• Nov 18, 2020

Awful, from start to finish. It's not the first exercise in making a mental illness into the monster, but this was a poor effort. Not remotely scary, vague story and characters as forgettable as your last meal.

• Nov 01, 2020

The trailer made this movie look awesome. Do not be fooled. It turned into a myopic, not believable, unrealistic dread fest. If you want to watch the stations of the cross in a movie that has few smiles and no non-hysterical laughs, knock your socks off. Movies like this are why so many people hate all religion (which plays a weird, desperate, cultish role in the film) . It's billed as a scary, boring, brutish life and delivers the same kind of movie. Save yourself from this film.

• Oct 30, 2020

In fact, this movie seemed really brilliant on its first half, building tension and causing some doubts on the audience about the existence of paranormal stuff going on or not. The problem is exactly the storyline, really confusing and lacking some explanations on the second half of the movie and the slow pace. Final twist was expected to save the day but it was the opposite.

• Oct 26, 2020

A slow setup for an absolute mind fuck. Thrilling, eerie and suspenseful. The entire movie had me guessing. (90%)

• Oct 25, 2020

Didn't know what to expect. It starts off gloomy and ends even gloomier. Honestly a good watch keeps you wondering wtf is going on.

• Oct 18, 2020

One of the better horror movies I have seen a while. Dark.

One of the better horror movies I have seen a while. Dark.

• Oct 17, 2020

This movie made me scream!!! It made me scream "How did this movie get green lit?" and things like "Well, I'll never get that time back" and "How on earth could this movie get ANY positive reviews?" There are only a few explanations for why this movie exists or has ANY positive reviews: We have set the bar so incredibly low that; A dust mite on its best day could not limbo under it. Peoples minds are basically becoming "mush" I was going to list more...but I think that pretty much covers it... To anyone still reading...Here is my ACCURATE Review: Very slow pace...Like DMV slow...There was roughly 3 times...spaced 30 - 40 minutes apart where I thought "Okay, the movie is going to get going" or at least get interesting or have some kind of "twist" .... but no, nada, never. Now in keeping with being accurate: The Music / Foley was decent - The acting was for the most part good- overall production was good. But those things DO NOT make a good movie... The best guitar in the world will not make music when being tossed down a flight of steps... If you want to save time here is the entire movie in a few short sentences: ( I would offer a SPOILER ALERT...But a movie this bad really needs no help in being SPOILED) The beginning of movie: Dad tells separated wife he wants to make divorce official. The wife storms out, goes home and pours her self a glass of wine and then washes it down with a bullet sandwich. (For what its worth this is THE ONLY EXCITING THING THAT HAPPENS IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE - IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME TRUST ME ON THIS!!!) 1.We then find out the woman Dad left for is a woman he met (of which is never really explained) that escaped from some kind of religious cult so the kids resent dads new fiancée... who the kids did not like to begin with, now really resent her because mom died from eating a lead hotdog . For some reason the creators of this "Movie" keep cutting to scenes of a large doll house...Which is never really explained. 2. Dad decides to take the kids to some house way out in the middle of nowhere and think it would be a good idea for the kids to get to know his potentially-psychologically-unstable-soon-to-be-wife and what better place than in the middle of nowhere in the middle of winter...in the middle of a terrible movie. He has to leave to do something at work for a few days . 3. Things seem weird but you find out the kids were just playing tricks on her...not good to do to a unstable woman who just got out of a cult where everyone but her killed themselves 4. Dad left her with a gun for protection...He comes back from his work trip and she shoots him in the head... Which I am sure he was thankful for as it made his time that was already short in this movie shorter. 5. Crazy lady and kids are shown praying at table before meal with dead dad propped up at table...camera pans down to gun on table...and then... No that's it... no surprise, no twist, no- the doll house was really what we were looking at and the characters were not real. No - it was a dream and she was still in the cult. Nope none of anything that would even come close to a good ending...just fade to black... I always wanted to be a film maker...And now I know that I could...But on my worst day...with a raging hangover...I am not sure I could write a film this bad!!!

• Oct 12, 2020

On the surface, this movie is well done. however it is not scary whatsoever just deeply disturbing and upsetting. ending is so ridiculous and abrupt but not in the way most would enjoy it. throughly disappointed that i wasted two hours of my life on this long fuse to nothing.

• Oct 10, 2020