The Nun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nun Reviews

December 10, 2018
creepy, but I LOVE Creepy things like this, things that just give you JUMPSCARES a want to watch again movie
½ December 10, 2018
this movie is just a compilation of dumb jumpscares uninteresting characters and possibly the dumbest ending in a horror movie i have ever seen 1/10
½ December 9, 2018
Not entirely good not entirely bad. It has some creepy moments. Like all scary movies there is not much of a plot. I am enjoying some of it at least.
½ December 9, 2018
the film seems to take a much more adventurous side than the terror itself, sins in the frights that work for some more for the most are extremely predictable, the ending is the disappointment for those who sought a certain realism in the film to increase tension more at least it connects excellently with the other chapter of the saga, finally the film did not bring anything but its place among the worst of the universe of The Conjuring losing only by the disastrous Annabelle and not connecting with the expectations that the marketing of the movie promised.
December 8, 2018
The film is everything you would want or expect. You can't expect another "Exorcist" from this franchise. I hope we get a sequel.
½ December 6, 2018
Horrible, what a wasted opportunity
½ December 6, 2018
I liked this movie but is not very scary
December 6, 2018
I think they could have done better on the script and the concept. And a Romanian convent doesn't look anything like what they portrayed. Poor rushed film making!
December 6, 2018
even though we know that "Valak" is supposed to be the main star of the movie, instead, the movie came out with so many horror tricks that were out of the book. Now tell me, can someone shoot a ghost with a shotgun? i mean come on, i used to admire James Wan but i think modernization really stirs up in this horror movie. it was supposed to be "before conjuring" but instead they are giving us too many "equipment" to defeat the "ghost(s)"
December 6, 2018
Not anywhere as good as the conjuring series, felt like movie was rushed and gave no excitement that its predecessors had. Ok to fill in some gaps but wouldn't recommend spending the money
December 6, 2018
just watched it today... it's really disappointing. Jumpscares after jumpscares and theres literally no build up nor plot at all.. just felt really rush and its just not scary at all? Will watch something else on boxxy software
December 5, 2018
This movie was GREAT, happy to find on boxxy software in my audio language.
December 5, 2018
Unfortunately - the film becomes just another misfire in the Conjuring universe. But is not bad at all. Saw it using boxxy software with VPN. amazing app on my iPhone for free watch.
½ December 4, 2018
Out of this movie and the Conjuring 3, this was probably the worst scary movie I have seen yet. I gave it 2.5 stars because it has a nice story and such but the scary parts are so fake.
December 4, 2018
Sometimes we wonder why this movie is made after all. This is that time. Using sound effect as a surprising horror element is very clich√ (C) and does not appeal to the horror-loving audience. One star is for some darkness in the story.
December 4, 2018
The Nun is a movie that was directed by award winning Corin Hardy, written by Gary Dauberman, based off a story by Dauberman and James Wan.The Nun is a horror movie that takes place in 1952 in the city of Romania in Europe . The spine chilling music starts up when something dreadful is coming your way. This music gives you a sense of danger lurking in the shadow. In Romania there is a Catholic church, deep in the woods, surrounded by hundreds of carved wooden crosses that takes up the diameter of the church. The church is haunted by a powerful entity that is murdering the nuns that live in the church. The church was first built and owned by a Duke that was obsessed with supernatural and witchcraft. The Duke turned his building into a gateway for evil spirits, but soon after the Duke was killed. Following his death the Catholic church took over his building as their own and closed the gateway to the underworld. Centuries following the closing of the gateway it was reopened due a war cracking the tunnel back open and allowing supernatural entities to come out. The church soon reached out a priest named Father Burke played by DemiŠn Bichir who has a very haunting past that the supernatural creature prey's off of. Joining him is a novitiate played by the well known horror actress Taissa Farmiga or Sister Irelen who never backs down from a challenge. Taissa Farmiga acting continue to impress the audience.She portrays her character very well as a novitiate.
Demian Bichir played a very interesting charter and did the role justice with his strong devotion to stop the evil spirit. Both of their worlds soon change right before their eyes once they realized how powerful this supernatural creature could be. Each having different experiences with the entity they are both willing to risk their lives to restore holiness back into church. The plot twist on this movie leads to the introduction of the award winning movie "The Conjuring 2".
½ December 4, 2018
Troublesome at various segments but enoyable.
December 3, 2018
Amazing movie, better than 'Annabelle' and 'Annabelle: Creation'.
½ December 3, 2018
Boring yet somehow fast. This film somehow manages to take the least interesting cliche filled route for the Nun origin. Forced in Conjuring reference along with a montage of the Nun in other Conjuring films. They took a character with so much potential and made her boring. This film is entertaining however, things happen, it's stupid but it's fun.