The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty Reviews

• Aug 04, 2021

Perhaps I was jaded going in, having seen the film's budget ($100 million vs. $1 million for the original version with D. Kaye). But rather than capture the fantasies of a repressed, "hen-pecked" husband and organization "yes man" who imagines himself better suited for heroic, chivalric roles, the film merely sends us through a cinematic world in which Ben Stiller realizes those roles--much like the recent adventures of LeBron James in the cartoon universe of Bugs Bunny (at least LeBron is called upon to use his basketball skills to save his son). Besides the film's budget, I had read the literary source--James Thurber's short story of the same title. Not only did the film fail to follow the story: it doesn't come close to capturing the dual life of Thurber's character or the purpose of his story, which was to expose the futility and quiet desperation of Mitty, whose only moments of satisfaction are escapist fantasies of his own making. Perhaps the makers of this version saw it as their duty to supply fantasies for those incapable of making their own. Why not instead encourage them to read a good book?

• Jul 23, 2021

People say a lot of things about this movie, some say it's just to cash in sponsors while making a bad attempt on sending a message and some loved it because it was charming. To those who said this was a bad movie. I have to ask you, have you ever sat in a classroom as a kid and looked out the window and wondered... What's it like to run far distances like Forrest Gump, what's it like to climb mountains, what's it like to fly free like the birds, what's it like to be a rockstar and what's it like to go on an adventure. We focus so much on what's in front of us that we forget the beautiful things around us. Just as Walter, chained to his gloomy life just so he could put food on the table. This movie is about living your life. Make changes, take challenges, go far beyond where you could've imagine and live it.

• Jul 13, 2021

This movie is a masterpiece!!!!!What the hell,critics???? What's wrong with you??? The story is simple, but so relatable. Every piece of the movie could be cut out and they will still look breath-taking!!! The scenery is gorgegous, the music, the people are beautiful. Ben Stiller,man, love you and your works so much. Thank you, thank you the crewmate so much for the amazing experiece. 10/10

• Jul 07, 2021

A beautiful, simple, and uplifting film that makes me want to travel the world to find and experience what true life is like.

• Jun 28, 2021

Don't listen to the negative reviews. This is an excellent movie. Very funny but also visually spectacular with an array of awesome location shots. And of course the cast is superb.

• Jun 04, 2021

The great thing about THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY is that no one can deny the wonderful things life has to offer, whether it comes from a picture, or a book, or even on the front cover of a magazine.

• May 30, 2021

This movie is one of my favorites. It has a beautiful soundtrack, amazing acting, jokes that land, and a beautiful message about deciding whether it's better to live for yourself and take chances, or live for others and never be happy.

• May 30, 2021

I think it's an absurd that people don't value, nor know this masterpiece. It's a beautiful movie, with an impecable visual and lovely soundtrack. The storytelling always moves me, everytime I resee it.

• May 11, 2021

It was a great movie

It was a great movie

• May 08, 2021

Many parts of this movie call to me. I don't see why it isn't seen as a treasure.