The Shack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shack Reviews

½ May 26, 2017
Bored to death. Preaching ?
½ May 26, 2017
Loved the book, super let down by the ending.
a real inspiring movie
May 26, 2017
Critics amaze me! I very seldom follow their ratings and rather look at the general publics for advice. I loved the movie and yes there are some changes from the book as usually is the case for a screen adaptation. But this doesn't bother me at all. Very well done indeed and I shed a few tears (not something I usually do). Loved it and it was cast so well. Will be buying the blu-ray.
½ May 26, 2017
When i read comments both negative and positive it seems that both sides miss that Mack portrays what all people who have faith go through. He is very human and since most of us go to the movies to escape, people tend to dislike seeing films that hold up a mirror.
The Human condition is one that tends to overcomplicate the simpliest of ideas. We fight simplicity out of fear for wharever reason. Although the movie was a bit slow, the message is clear. Regardless of your religion, it is not our place to judge others. So the best thing to do is forgive.
May 26, 2017
Anger, laughter, sadness (this one the most).... for 2 hours. I'll be one of the first to tell you that I am not the biggest believer in God and the afterlife. This movie will have you crying and reflecting on how you have lived your life and how you choose to live your life going forward. For me, having lost my mother recently, this movie was EXTREMELY hard to watch. I stuck it out in the end, and was happy in choosing to watch this movie.
½ May 25, 2017
Wow, really surprised by the criticism of this film from the "experts." I loved the book and thought the film was a nice adaptation. Very moving and has a wonderful cast.
May 25, 2017
Excelente película! Aunque muchas de las críticas sean desfavorables por razones discutibles y hasta económicas, es innegable que es portadora de una energía capaz de tocar los corazones y las mentes necesitadas del amor y el perdón para poder sanar. Esto lo hablo por mi. Gracias por esta película.
May 25, 2017
This film has already polarized critics but audiences seem to love it regardless. Based on the best-selling book, The Shack is one man's spiritual awakening following the abduction and murder of his youngest daughter. Sam Worthington is particularly good in this role as the embittered, judgemental father who through meeting Papa (Octavia Spencer) learns to let go of his fear and inability to forgive.
pure torture... ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢ð??¢
½ May 24, 2017
thank God viewers are less atheist than the God hating critics....shame on you. I know most of you gave it a bad review simply because of its Christian content....and so you will be judged too!!!! come lord Jesus
May 23, 2017
Great movie ! Absolutely amazing
½ May 23, 2017
It's definitely a movie you have to watch without any preconceived notions. Don't google what it's about - just watch it!!!
May 23, 2017
Great uplifting movie.
May 22, 2017
A beautiful story about pain, love, forgiveness and faith.
½ May 21, 2017
A review that trashes Christianity. I want to watch it already
May 21, 2017
I never thought I'd cry so much in this movie! It shows how much pain Mack is dealing inside of him and so he heads to the shack and meets up with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It just shows what Christianity is and how God judges people. It's how it works whether you like it or not, you'll be judged when you die (all of us).

And it talks about wisdom, judging, forgiveness, healing, redemption and asking to invite God into your life so you don't have to go alone by yourself. It's so inspiring! People who know God and who he is will love this film and those who God is calling for. People who don't know who God is, love him, or know him will hate this film!

It's how Christianity works: If you Believe in God you'll be saved. If you don't believe in him or even seek him you'll go to Hell. Even if you're a good person in real life. Those who don't know Jesus won't enter the kingdom of Heaven.

It's also the best Christian movie I've seen so far too!
½ May 21, 2017
Brilliantly written and beautifully acted, The Shack is an emotional and deeply heartfelt drama. The story delivers touching life lessons in a great way through the hardships of one man's tragedy. Sam Worthington is a fantastic actor who portrayed every moment with such believability that made it impossible not to connect, costarring Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer is just the cherry on top. I haven't read the book so I had no idea what the film was about and upon seeing the critics reviews was skeptical, but I'm really glad I gave it a shot. It's not every day you watch a visually stunning faith-based movie that turns out to be an amazing experience.
May 21, 2017
Good mystical discovery of what's important in life.
May 21, 2017
Forced emotion and pacing problems.