The Shack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shack Reviews

November 19, 2017
One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.
November 18, 2017
Great movie with some biblical mistakes, but a great demonstration of the relationship we should aspire to with Jesus.
November 16, 2017
those who have a belief that there i more to life than jut themselves and that there actually i a higher power will get this movie. the others won't and today the fact i there are to many others, not many people, especially the younger generation do not even know who Jesus is?
November 15, 2017
The first film I've wanted to watch again and again for years. Powerful message and if you've ever had to forgive someone and you found that hard - ignore the film critics and watch the movie!
November 10, 2017
This film is Amazing! So profound. A must see!!
½ November 9, 2017
Very thoughtful presentation of Gods presence.
November 8, 2017
Spiritual concepts like the Trinity and the nature of God are explained and treated with clarity and humor.
November 8, 2017
Horrible, maybe I just don't get it, but the drawn out, dramatic tale of unicorns and rainbows with superficial answers isn't for me.
November 8, 2017
Book rating by me 100%. Movie missed a lot of key points; especially the ending... What has me as a believer, the ending of the book gave details that could not have happened without divine intervention. The movie missed ALL of this and the fact that after his accident he and forensics visited the site guided by the arc markings, brought Missie home and by DNA findings found the killer and gave closure to the families of the other little girls. The screenplay really missed the most important facts of the book.
November 8, 2017
Sometimes when you read a book, you can then be disappointed by the film. But this was not the case with The Shack. This film is well worth seeing. Like the book, the film opens up lots of food for thought and it draws you in to the story. I have recommended it to family and friends.
November 4, 2017
Religion and spirituality is a very complex concept, with many different beliefs and opinions.
To believe in God, it is hard not to fault him for the pain and suffering in our lives.

This film is brilliant in its conceptualizing of The unconditional love of a parent for a child, and the inherent faults of passing judgement on our fellow man.

Great cast and story.
Absolutely loved it
November 3, 2017
The Shack is directed by Stuart Hazeldine, and it stars Sam Worthington, Octavia Spencer, and Avraham Aviv Alush in a Christian drama film about a man who had a solid life with his family, until one of his daughters gets kidnapped and gets killed, which tore him apart, and he gets a letter from a person name Papa that tells him to go to the shack, he?s cautious about it, but agrees upon it and goes to it, where he sort of ended up meeting with God and His children. I really had no intentions of seeing this film, but I did know about it because it?s a Christian film, and that Brad Jones made a midnight screening video about this movie. So the only reason I got into this film, is that my mom?s boyfriend wanted me to see this and that forgiveness is the main part of this film, which supposedly relates to me. So I got into this film, and by the end of it, The Shack is better than most Christian films that I?ve seen, but it wasn?t enough for me to actually like it in the end. The acting is really good, even though there were times that sounded really off when Sam Worthington was trying to act like he?s crying. The message is really uplifting, and the Christian aspects are done better than the PureFlix films. I wasn?t really bored of the movie as it?s well paced, and it?s well shotted, but that?s all I can think for this that are good. It?s so heavy-handed of the message throughout the entire film that it was really annoying. The effects look really bad, and the it?s really overlong that really could?ve been more effective as a 90 minute film as there are a lot of scenes that could?ve been taken out but feel padding. Lots of people say that this sermoning way too much, and I completely agree with that that this movie might as well give me a lesson from it, like I?m a little child or something. There are some drama scenes that would?ve been more effective, if it spend more time on the other kids, and when it comes to grief, it kind of just came out of nowhere for them in the end. The Shack is well-intended film that would?ve been enjoyable, if it didn?t kept sermoning to the audience as if they didn?t already know about the message.
November 2, 2017
You know when a christian movie comes out, all the critics are going to give it bad ratings even when it is a phenomenal movie! Just like this one. Loved the book and the movie. Great adaptation of the book. Also, if the critics rate something bad, and the real people rate something high, its a true sign I am going to live it.
½ November 2, 2017
This movie is a joke, the kind of joke that doesn't make you laugh, it just pisses you off. According to this movie, you can rape, torture and murder all the kids you want, and still go to heaven. This horrific movie is just another example of how ignorant liberals have taking over Hollywood. Anyone that buys into this crap is going to have a rude waking when they face the REAL god for judgement!!
November 1, 2017
because this is religious, people will automatically hate it. it is maudlin but it's a wonderful story and the actors did a good job. give it a try.
November 1, 2017
Very inspiring film about forgiveness in the hardest times of adversity. Christian based with no hidden secrets of being a pull towards the hearts of any that watch it. Forgiveness is the hardest thing that many of us have found difficult; when a loved one passes suddenly. But finding peace in your heart is the root of this film. The script visualizes how we can do that, by sight and by faith.
November 1, 2017
A wonderful movie with a great cast. If you are struggling with your faith, this may help a bit. I cried like a baby. To each their own. But I genuinely loved this movie. Forgiveness isn't for the other person. It's for you.
October 29, 2017
Wonderful theme and perspectives on real tough life issues handled in effective thought provoking conversation. Must see!!!
½ October 28, 2017
Terrible, just terrible
October 28, 2017
Le principal problème de The Shack est probablement sa longueur qui aurait pu être diminuée sans réellement atteindre la pertinence du récit qui propose un message tout de même très important. À éviter si on est un athéiste pur et dur.