The Shack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shack Reviews

September 22, 2017
Unbelievable that a movie of this caliber could actually come out of Hollywood. Based on the reviews though, the critics just couldn't handle something so full of truth; with such redeeming value.
September 20, 2017
Really good movie it's religions but good story line. Also sad...
September 18, 2017
Great movie to help you heal that which pains you. There are great parts in this that apply to the bigger picture that goes beyond the 3D world of separateness. I encourage everyone to watch and contemplate this movie. There are many hidden truths to help you awaken spiritually, not religiously.
September 17, 2017
Thought the movie was very uplifting.
½ September 15, 2017
Sometimes movies are more than a simple structured and coherent narrative, sometimes is about more, a message or lesson to give to the audience, so The Shack is one of this cases, a marvelous movie about faith e forgiveness, even if has some clichês and so-so performances along way, the journey is still worth. (3,5/5)
September 11, 2017
The Shack is NOT the Bible and it should not be. For a movie that could deliver as much faith and hope to its audience as this movie, the Shack is definitely a success. The critics are too judgemental even if when some of them are true. They are basically saying the same thing: the Shack is NOT the Bible. Who can argue that? So forget about them and go to enjoy the movie and get some useful help from the story if you need them.
September 9, 2017
The movie felt like an extended on-screen counseling session. It seemed to drag at points and did a just okay job at handling complex theology. It was a noble attempt, though. There's also a certain difficulty associated with casting God. For example, Mack says he gets along with Jesus best out of the Trinity, but I sensed the least chemistry between them.
September 8, 2017
Such a moving portrayal of the trinity. So well thought and relatable. God is good all the time, and can work through unspeakable tragedy and create good for you and for me.
September 5, 2017
Excellent book, haven't seen the movie.
September 4, 2017
I absolutely loved this movie! The movie had an awesome portrayal of God and His love for us. It even dove in to try and explain the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I was very impressed with that part alone. Just brilliant! I was in tears or grief, love, and joy throughout. Octavia Spencer's role was an outstanding portrayal of God's love.
September 4, 2017
I wasn't expecting much from the other reviews but I'm so glad I watched it. I thought it was well done, good acting, and explained some hard issues (forgiveness, judging, faith) in a unique, easy to understand way. I would recommend you watch! It provides me some new perspectives and it was a touching movie.
½ September 4, 2017
It's good (kinda). A little too sappy at times. Not horrible. Surely not great. I rented it on iTunes for 99 cents. It's definitely worth that. Or wait till Netflix.
½ September 3, 2017
Warning!!!!!!! Warning!!!!!! Horrible Horrible Horrible movie! Turn around and RUN out the door if someone attempts to watch this with you!!!! I can't believe I watched the whole thing! If your husband or wife tries to get you to watch it...DON'T DO IT!!!!! I thought maybe it will get better...maybe something will happen. Best part of this movie was it finally ended after what felt like 6 hours!!!!!
This movie isn't worth a 1/2 star but I "had" to give it a rating!
September 3, 2017
Fantastic story that would help a lot of people to have an answer for all the questions they have for God and blame God for everything happens to their life .enjoy it a lot and We are a witness of such a change in our life and ourselves after we gave our life to God and wanted to have faith in God and walk with God all the time and have the peace of God and see Gods miracle all the time now . Just believe and see what happens to your life . Gidd arm is always open for our close relationships and loves us no matter what .????
½ September 3, 2017
Um homem esta acampanado e um doente sequestra, estupra e mata sua filha e ele entra em depressão... esse pai acaba indo para montanha e encontra-se com deus e lá acaba percebendo que deus não pode interferir em tudo na terra e ensina ele a seguir com sua vida....
September 2, 2017
What an amazing expression of God's love.
½ September 2, 2017
Great cast, good story and very emotional. I don't know why this gets so much hate.
August 31, 2017
Even though I didn't tmsee the final. It was a good movie. sad. sad. sad. a must watch with a powerful message
August 31, 2017
Amazing. Anyone can relate to this story. Cried for 2 hours most soul cleaning movie I have ever seen.
August 31, 2017
Complete heresy! If there are Christians out there believing this baloney, they gotta read their bibles. It's a very inaccurate portrayal of the Christian faith, from "God" having nail marks, it was Jesus who bore the suffering. Another thing no one can see the face of God and live. Plenty of other non sense about sin not being bad, then there would be no reason for Christ to take on the cross! If you watch this then let Holy Spirit discern but I wouldn't encourage it.