The Skeleton Twins Reviews

• Dec 30, 2018

Interesting movie and good cast. Wouldn't mark it as a dark comedy, more of a dark depressing drama.

• Dec 22, 2018

Sad movie but great chemistry between Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig!

Sad movie but great chemistry between Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig!

• Jun 19, 2018

"The Skeleton Twins" is an unusual, but perfect vehicle for two of the best SNL has ever produced, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, who play emotionally stunted and damaged siblings making their way through life after never having fully recovered from the suicide of their father, flakiness of their mother and a surprising split themselves years earlier. It's a refreshing change to see such talented actors show dramatic chops after being known so strongly for their comedy. I wish other SNL stars had followed this same career path. The story is very raw, well-written, perfectly-acted and authentic in its presentation.

• Jun 05, 2018

crooked childhood, troubled twins.. A Skeleton Twins A fascinating uptake with a newer perspective on dysfunctional family drama through a siblings' vision, is a smarter way to create a light but a deeply intense feature. The writing is smart, grippingly and thoroughly entertaining except for an issue on the structure of the script that follows a rudimentary process which undermines the feature as it grows predictable as it ages on screen. Craig Johnson; the screenwriter and the director, has done a marvellous work on executing the anticipated vision on screen along with amazing visuals as it is shot beautifully too. The performance by both the lead actors is stupendous but the highlight of it would be Kirsten Wiig who is the real game changer in here. Bill Hader and Kirsten Wiig's chemistry is the crucial point in here as all the connections and conversations among the "siblings" should come off believable and fortunately they are convincing too. Despite of raising fragile and dark topics, the feature is light and breezy for the most part of it which shows the awareness of the makers, as the core relation projected in here is of twins. A Skeleton Twins has a crooked childhood, troubled twins and justifying actions occurring on screen throughout its almost 90 minutes that is utterly palpable to its tone.

• Mar 21, 2018

A powerful family drama and very funny led by great performances from Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig.

• Mar 04, 2018

Don't believe the critics reviews of this below average Drama-edy. The story is about two adult siblings with suicidal thoughts/actions. It tries to be funny at times, but didn't make me laugh because I was bored to death. I was not amazed by either actor's performance. what a waste of my time.

• Nov 26, 2017

???????? ??SNL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Aug 22, 2017

Sometimes there are certain elements to a film that can set false expectations. They don't necessarily ruin the experience of watching, but you just feel surprised or baffled when you start watching. Such was the case when I saw a film starring Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, because it must be a comedy right? Not so much. While there are some moments of levity, this certainly isn't the kind of film you expect from two SNL alums. It's almost the total opposite of that. However, The Skeleton Twins was exactly what Hader and Wiig needed to prove they are more than just comedic actors. This film is deep and emotional, and the lead performances are outstanding. I felt their pain and depression, and they never came across like they were faking it (which is often a trap that comedians fall into when trying to go serious.) Also, Luke Wilson was a good counterpoint to these two and strangely his normality contrasted with the two leads made him one of the funniest parts of the film. While the story was well told, I had a hard time with The Skeleton Twins. To be perfectly honest it was just too real for me. Perhaps if I were in a different place in my life, or I watched this on another day, it would have been more enjoyable. It was so dark, and so heavy, I was concerned for my own emotional state while watching it. I didn't hate the film, and I might watch it again sometime, but this viewing was a challenge. I commend the film for being powerful and authentic enough to affect me in such a way, but that still made it tough to enjoy.

• Jul 30, 2017

I'm not much of a fan of dysfunctional families but I love Kristen Wiig and she is brilliant in this movie and Bill Hader also gives a great performance as a gay guy. A not so emotional family drama.

• Jun 09, 2017

Real life, real situations, real people...

Real life, real situations, real people...