The Ticket - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ticket Reviews

November 4, 2017
When he got a rare second change to start over the life!

The intention was good, but the film was not made right way to enjoy. Of course the story, the setting were not cheerful kind, but too slow, silent, dragged scenes, all made it even worse. Watching it from the beginning to the beginning of the final segment was challenging. Only at the final few minutes it all made sense. I thought at least it ended better.

A blind man happily married with a kid, one day wakes up in the morning with a miracle. He regained his vision, following that, all the sudden his life getting changed. That also leads him over taking some tough decisions. With his new lease of life, he has shaped his life as he wanted. Now a fresh trouble surfaces and its consequences are hard hitting. What his choices and how the story ends are the remaining parts.

Dan Stevens was good. You could say it was a one man show. But as I said, the screenplay lacked pace, as well as guessable overall storyline. Which makes it not for everybody. The rest of the cast was good, and so the direction. I don't dislike it, I just did not enjoy it, I got bored of it in parts. One time watchable film for the selected ones, but being not dozed off while watching it is what they have to look out for.

4/10
½ August 5, 2017
Oh my I disliked this movie. The premise could have been interesting, but too many mistakes are made. I disliked the performance of our leading man, and one scene his overacting is both laughable and embarrassing. I was confused about the two blondes, which was which, when a scene was a flashback or not. Very morose and depressing. Just crosses over into bad bad bad.
July 3, 2017
I love Dan Stevens but I just can't get into this movie. Which Im sad.
½ June 25, 2017
This movie makes me wish that I had not bought a ticket, even if it won the lottery. (Spoiler Alert - must watch movie to understand that comment). I fail to understand why actors get credit for acting like Zombies by dragging their emotionless bodies through two hours of slow walking. Does it require acting skill to be emotionless? This movie could have said a lot about prayer and answered prayer and thankfulness, but it did not. As my mind drifted off into unrequited love themes, I began to ponder if it was best to keep one's eyes closed at the beginning, middle or end of this movie and realized that best choice was to keep one's eyes closed throughout the movie.
½ June 20, 2017
I like the moral lesson that they are showing on the movie. Loyalty and self-control is important, that sometimes we forget.
June 17, 2017
This movie actually was a pleasant surprise. Although the ending seems sort of abrupt it does all come together and actually have a very deep meaningful message to tie it all together. Acting is above par for sure and I would recommend seeing this film!
½ June 16, 2017
THE DIRECTION OF THIS MOVIE IS SO BAD. SLOW, AND EDITED POORLY. HAD TO STOP IT COULD NOT FINISH IT IT WAS TORTURE.
April 30, 2017
I really loved this movie. beautifully shot. very slow but I liked that. so many movies are rushed nowadays. it wasn't just about the dialogue, the director aloud the actors to express so much emotion without speaking. lots of long shots. a nice slow pace for a simple story with a strong message. Dan stevens is phenomenal. such an incredible performance.
April 26, 2017
I enjoyed this movie, but I will say I am quite biased as the message the movie was trying to bring across was one I agreed with. Furthermore I have a preference for anything Dan Stevens does. The movie does leave much to be desired, the plot is quite predictable and it's definitely not a groundbreaking film. But again, I enjoyed it watching it.
April 22, 2017
Plain simple and boring movie.
½ April 20, 2017
So slow, so very slow.

Dan Stevens is brilliant again though.

[5/10]
April 16, 2017
terrible movie. scenes dragged on. slow.
April 15, 2017
Dan Stevens really transform into something that isn't Matthew Crawley hehe, he look so different, especially the chubbines on his cheeks are totally gone, i don't know what he's done to that. Loving his performance in here, such a great actor although the moral of the story is not new anymore but it's ok.
April 15, 2017
Not sure what happened at the end.
April 13, 2017
I usually don't disagree with the critics on movie reviews, however I strongly disagree with this one. The movie was so yes, but I found it has more positive aspects than negative. It was a tad rough around the edges but it didn't deserve the awful rating it got. It thought it was a great story and very well told by Dan Stevens.
½ April 8, 2017